Wot, no transfers? It's all happening now!

MileStolar

We shouldn’t be surprised really we’ve seen this all before. Same happened the last time we secured a top 4 finish, everyone expected or hoped we’d spend big and really kick on and properly challenge the following season only for the Glazers and Woodward to sit with their thumbs up their arse and fail to make the required reinforcements to the squad. Then watch us drift back down the table again leading to the manager getting sacked and we’re back to square one, rinse and repeat.:rolleyes:
And then our best performing players start doubting our ambitions and leave if someone good comes calling...

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Joel Glazer said no money available as I need to borrow against some shares and have just paid a fortune for a 42 years old quarterback to sign for my American team and in actual fact I don’t have a friggin clue what goes on over the pond. These leeches combined with the CEO looking for more social media clicks to boast about to the shareholder meeting doesn’t fill anyone with confidence.

Spare some sympathy for Ole who has seen all his rivals sign players to strengthen their squads , while all he sees is briefings and a delayed start to the season,fmd.
didn’t they pay big money for Gronk aswell as Brady . They’ve obviously prioritised tampa bay over United this pre season As their main interest.

No doubt Ole has been set up to fail by these morons. Calling it now we won’t get top 4 with this current team and we probably won’t even qualify out of our group in the champions league.

Honestly I don’t think I’ve ever been less excited for a season to start as I know exactly how it’s going to go.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
didn’t they pay big money for Gronk aswell as Brady . They’ve obviously prioritised tampa bay over United this pre season As their main interest.

No doubt Ole has been set up to fail by these morons. Calling it now we won’t get top 4 with this current team and we probably won’t even qualify out of our group in the champions league.

Honestly I don’t think I’ve ever been less excited for a season to start as I know exactly how it’s going to go.
Been saying much of this since we almost didn't make top four last season (so a few weeks now). Arsenal look as if they might a threat a well as Chelsea. I always, however, look forward to the start of a new season (might not be for long if we perform against Palace as we did at home to them last season!!). Fecking buy players, Woodward you massive cnut

GarrinchaNZ

A familiar pattern of trying to get top players for less than a club wants....protracted 'dealings' that go round in circles.

Now we are finally in the Champions League after some very painful years of watching managers screw Utd and the same old Woodward transfer nonsense. On the youth front we seem to have some huge talent but what about some steel and experience to help out?

The two teams who we should be most wary of challenging for a Top 4 place have strengthened. The Arse and Chelsea (Chelsea could be right up there this year)...we have signed one player...got rid of some deadwood...but WTF! At least von Beekinstine signed but time will tell if he is a good fit.
With a squad that squeaked into the top 4 like a wheezing 65 old asthmatic with a zimmer frame doing a marathon you'd think the priority would be to strengthen in what will be a challenging season fixture wise. Another CB / DM / Winger needed blah blah...how many times has this been talked about. Some of the players we have are not up for starting...you know who they are.

The season is now underway and squeaky bum time begins! I hope we are up for the challenge.

NJM78

3 weeks and 3 days of the window left, loads of time for a club of our stature and expertise in the market...we are speeding along nicely with the ins and outs so far.

laughtersassassin

Are really about to go into the season without backing another manager?

We not been down this road before?

Feel for Ole. What's he supposed to do with this summer?

oz insomniac

Well, Keefy will come In and explain some fanciful notion that’s it’s all good and we don’t understand the complexitites and that Woodward is actually a genius. Anyone else starting think that there are Woody burners and friends on these blogs?

beingshe7don

If we don't add at the very least 2 more players, we are once again gonna be chasing the pack and trying to barely make top 4. Even though we came in 3rd, the table doesn't reflect the entire story.

croadyman

If we don't add at the very least 2 more players, we are once again gonna be chasing the pack and trying to barely make top 4. Even though we came in 3rd, the table doesn't reflect the entire story.
Yeah it's very hard to argue with that

treble_winner

3 weeks and 3 days of the window left, loads of time for a club of our stature and expertise in the market...we are speeding along nicely with the ins and outs so far.
Speeding nicely? Apart from Sanchez who we had to actually pay off some fee, who have we been able to sell with an acceptable profit?

wolvored

Well, Keefy will come In and explain some fanciful notion that’s it’s all good and we don’t understand the complexitites and that Woodward is actually a genius. Anyone else starting think that there are Woody burners and friends on these blogs?
Anyone who thinks Utd are in good hands and everyone on the board and involved with transfers are doing a great job. Its probably Woodys secretary with 20 different accounts on here.

NJM78

Speeding nicely? Apart from Sanchez who we had to actually pay off some fee, who have we been able to sell with an acceptable profit?
Not really our problem to solve as fans.

However my suggestion, like many would be to stop giving ridiculous wages to mediocre talent and to hire someone who can complete purchases in a more timely manner.

All appear very difficult for our club and far away from happening it seems.

croadyman

However my suggestion, like many would be to stop giving ridiculous wages to mediocre talent and to hire someone who can complete purchases in a more timely manner.

Yeah the ridiculous wages these players are on is the biggest issue

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Correct. If they don't like a reasonable wage for their talent then they can go and we would be more likely to get a buyer.

Shark

@NotShark
Same old shite, different year! :rolleyes:
It's going to be a very long time again we win our next title, maybe almost as long as Liverpool went. We're going into another season with Juan Mata as an option on the right wing if we suffer a single injury , let that sink in.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Bloody hell, it is so quiet that i forgot that transfer window is still open. Deadwood is still here, no new players, we are not in talks with any player...and we play first game in a week.
Another great preparation for season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This year we've had a lack of those annoying posters reminding us that it's "only" xx of a date and that we still have xxx days.

Wonder if anyone is at all confident this year we'll bring anyone else in, and if so why?

Matthew84!

Time for people to start to complaining on a bigger scale, we should be backing the manager this year so we can catch up abit, get the banners or planes ready to get them to spend or get out

NJM78

This year we've had a lack of those annoying posters reminding us that it's "only" xx of a date and that we still have xxx days.

Wonder if anyone is at all confident this year we'll bring anyone else in, and if so why?
Well in all fairness there are still 23 days to go before the window shuts...

Feck that, a shit show so far from us, it can all change but I'm never confident when we are concerned.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

I'm not worried yet. I think we'll try for Sancho at a price lower than the rumoured £108m that they want which is more likely to be accepted late in the window. Not sure to get him but not the end of the world if we don't.

I expected a lot of transfer activity to be late in the window due to the exceptional financial situation. Apart from Chelsea not much significant has happened elsewhere.

I don't think there is anything in the links to the likes of Thiago and Reguilon. RW is most likely our only signing.

Woodenlung

Enough mid and lower table sides have strengthened to the point that it won't be as easy for the usual suspects to pick up their routine 6 points. And seeing as the fixtures against those sides were some of our more tricky ones, I think we're in a bit of trouble if we don't strengthen more.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm not worried yet. I think we'll try for Sancho at a price lower than the rumoured £108m that they want which is more likely to be accepted late in the window. Not sure to get him but not the end of the world if we don't.

I expected a lot of transfer activity to be late in the window due to the exceptional financial situation. Apart from Chelsea not much significant has happened elsewhere.

I don't think there is anything in the links to the likes of Thiago and Reguilon. RW is most likely our only signing.
Someone posted the spend by clubs, and we've done no more than quite a few average to lower Premier clubs!
Chelsea are obviously the big outlier, but they got an insane fee for Hazard, above even what was initially reported, so are just eating into that, after a ban last year.

But you'd have thought we'd do a bit more. We have very little to rotate that front 3, and almost nothing behind the first choice back 4.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Enough mid and lower table sides have strengthened to the point that it won't be as easy for the usual suspects to pick up their routine 6 points. And seeing as the fixtures against those sides were some of our more tricky ones, I think we're in a bit of trouble if we don't strengthen more.
Hope you're not counting Fulham and West Brom in that. Utterly woeful in 3-0 home smashings already.

Cantona in disguise

I dont get all the hysteria surrounding transfers etc. However this year I think Ole needed backing and they (so far) have let him down. Maybe Ole has said sancho or nobody for RW. I think we need some proper depth for the bench but we also need 2/3 top class additions. Not possible for united in one window in my opinion.

NJM78

Hope you're not counting Fulham and West Brom in that. Utterly woeful in 3-0 home smashings already.
Let's see what out results will be at those grounds first.

I will be over the moon if we can finish 4th this season, I'm less confident at the moment than I was going in to last season and then I did not believe we would finish in top four. Which I was proven wrong with but this season will be much harder I believe so we really need to add some better players before window shuts.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Someone posted the spend by clubs, and we've done no more than quite a few average to lower Premier clubs!
Chelsea are obviously the big outlier, but they got an insane fee for Hazard, above even what was initially reported, so are just eating into that, after a ban last year.

But you'd have thought we'd do a bit more. We have very little to rotate that front 3, and almost nothing behind the first choice back 4.
According to this https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tra...&nat=&pos=&altersklasse=&w_s=&leihe=&intern=0 we're 8th for spend in the PL so far this summer, we'll be at least 3rd if Sancho does go through. We also spent the most last year including January. I'll just see what happens by October 5th yet before i complain.

Spending it right after years of wasting significant budget is the most important thing, not just buying quantity over quality.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
According to this https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tra...&nat=&pos=&altersklasse=&w_s=&leihe=&intern=0 we're 8th for spend in the PL so far this summer, we'll be at least 3rd if Sancho does go through. We also spent the most last year including January. I'll just see what happens by October 5th yet before i complain.

Spending it right after years of wasting significant budget is is the most important thing, not just buying quantity over quality.
Very true, but it's hard to escape the thinking that this was the opportunity to go hard.
Obviously if Sancho came we've done that with bells on!

Crashoutcassius

Do you think the buccs pay for players out of man uniteds revenue or something ? Or how would this work like ?

MrSingh2002

We're shit at selling surplus players.

Our squads way off improving on a 3rd place finish.

Ahead of the window I genuinely expected 4 or 5 exits and 3 or 4 incoming transfers. That would've gave us a small chance of improving on the 3rd finish.

Now we've pretty much sold nobody except Sanchez and only brought in VdB.

Shit show from Ed Woodward and the Glazers again this year. Similar to how they didn't back Jose in his 3rd season after finishing 2nd.

Pisses me off.

oz insomniac

Joel’s major investment in Tampa Bay failed as they lost their opening game, probably influence what he allows as expenditure at Man Utd given expectations there , wouldn’t want Further spending to impact on his dividends.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
We're shit at selling surplus players.

Our squads way off improving on a 3rd place finish.

Ahead of the window I genuinely expected 4 or 5 exits and 3 or 4 incoming transfers. That would've gave us a small chance of improving on the 3rd finish.

Now we've pretty much sold nobody except Sanchez and only brought in VdB.

Shit show from Ed Woodward and the Glazers again this year. Similar to how they didn't back Jose in his 3rd season after finishing 2nd.

Pisses me off.
I'm glad they didn't.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Spending it right after years of wasting significant budget is the most important thing, not just buying quantity over quality.
Who spends the most table is kind of irrelevant. It's mainly down to addressing needs. We have quite a few, one being that our depth is extremely poor and we've got a very condensed season looming.

No one is advocating here to spend for the sake of spending, there is plenty of quality out there. Sancho aside - as it's a valid question whether he's worth what Dortmund want, at this time in the market (I think he is) - there aren't serious indications that we're too ambitious. The main question people should be asking is if this ownership has serious sporting ambitions, or merely focused on staying in the top 4. History suggests the latter.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
So if we don't wrap up anymore transfers by Friday, should that be fairly labelled as a failing by the club? Or just the way things are...

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So if we don't wrap up anymore transfers by Friday, should that be fairly labelled as a failing by the club? Or just the way things are...
Even if we sign, they won't be available isn't it, with 14 day quarantine period if we sign players from outside UK (maybe wrong here btw)

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
This season will be a calamity if we don't add more quality to the squad. We finished on 66 points last season, even with a good run after lockdown where other teams looked like they had clocked out. That's 2 seasons in a row with 66 points.

This season we have a super congested fixture list and CL to compete in. So we're going to be relying on squad players more than ever. The same squad players that were blamed for last season where so many points were dropped. I just don't see a way that this season isn't going to be fecking terrible. That's me just thinking logically and honestly.

vanderpants

I'm waiting to listen to the excuses, Ole said at the end of the season he needs to add to the squad, he needs to out Ed and Co for not backing him