Wot, no transfers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kag

So chilled about transfers. Don't care anymore. I'd like to see the plonker in charge get some change out of what he already has.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
So chilled about transfers. Don't care anymore. I'd like to see the plonker in charge get some change out of what he already has.
Agreed. But the endless posts about how our season was dead in the water before it even started because Mourinho wasn’t backed in the market will be tedious.

Judas

Open to offers
Yep, this is how I'm feeling too. I know this squad can entertain me better than it has been, want our manager to manage them into doing so.

I just want to see our best players performing to their best, achieve that and I know I'll enjoy this season more than the last.

predator

Youth NITK
I'm expecting a signing or two announced before tomorrow's deadline.

I'm fairly happy with the squad though anyway. I think we will have a good season just because football is weird at times.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
What a rollercoaster.

Not a fun rollercoaster though, the kind of rollercoaster that makes you feel sick.

Red_Orchestra

Why try to bring in another Center Back I don't understand, Mou could've addressed that position last Summer when he brought Lindelof in.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Not logged in all afternoon - 43 new tweets!

Can someone summarise please? Who we've signed, sold etc!!

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
Signed: nobody
Sold: nobody

Linked with: Maybe a loan move for Boateng. Bayern not keen.
Well everyone we have will just have to up their game and then we should be ok.

Might help if Mourinho and family lived together in Manchester. First time they have lived apart and first time he has failed to live up to expectations. A less grumpy Maureen is a happier Maureen and a happier team.

Chairman Steve

I’d be lying to say I’m not disappointed if we don’t sign anyone else. Our wide options are really weak. Square pegs in round holes (Valencia, Young and Mata) and lack of quality (Shaw and Darmian) when it comes to those areas. I guess we’ll have to wait and see Dalot in action. Transfermarkt says he can play left back too, so fingers crossed he can be versatile.

Paranoid Android

Why try to bring in another Center Back I don't understand, Mou could've addressed that position last Summer when he brought Lindelof in.
I feel like the ultimate iteration of Mourinho's tactics would be a GK, 8 CBs, Fellaini as a target man and a speed demon playing off him for the second ball flick on.

If we're gonna play the way we have been playing under him, might as well do it properly.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Signed: nobody
Sold: nobody

Linked with: Maybe a loan move for Boateng. Bayern not keen.
A sign of the times that the the most likely option will be a loan move for Boateng, who IMO, is worse that our current set of defenders.
What exactly is Woodward doing?
Is he making a bid, then closing his eyes and hoping for the best - like ebay?
With less than 2 days, he needs to pay (and offer bids) over the odds - he should've known this.

Phil

Such a lack of ambition from the club. Even Chelsea seem to be getting it together eventually.

Very disappointing, there will be some shitty consequences with our good players going next year if we even equal last season's standings.

spiriticon

A sign of the times that the the most likely option will be a loan move for Boateng, who IMO, is worse that our current set of defenders.
What exactly is Woodward doing?
I wouldn't mind a loan with a view to a permanent move tbh. It seems to be very popular these days. Try before you buy.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Same for me. Rather we save the money for someone else - hopefully the board picks well this time!

Our team isn't as bad as Jose makes out. Yes we have areas to improve, but on the whole we should expect to do a hell of a lot better than what he's insinuating. We just need proper coaching.

Minimalist

Same for me. Rather we save the money for someone else - hopefully the board picks well this time!

Our team isn't as bad as Jose makes out. Yes we have areas to improve, but on the whole we should expect to do a hell of a lot better than what he's insinuating. We just need proper coaching.
Really surprised more people don't have this line of thinking. Should be pretty clear after the players Mourinho has already brought in. After Sanchez, I'm done expecting new signings to change the way we play.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Really surprised more people don't have this line of thinking. Should be pretty clear after the players Mourinho has already brought in. After Sanchez, I'm done expecting new signings to change the way we play.
He's spinning it that if we do badly it's because of a lack of signings. Yet, look at his targets? Defenders. Honestly, we need to sort out our attack. We have been crying out for someone on the right, and imho should have made Valencia back up from last season, and brought in a proper right back as well. Why has he waited so long and then only got a 19 year old? I have no problem with the kid, but he doesn't seem to be what Jose is after, so why get him in the first place?

We bought him Pogba for £89M and he proceeds to alienate the guy. That's a misuse of our player assets. Plus, he hasn't gotten the best out of him or any other attackers really. It's like, he doesn't care how much you paid for the players, if he doesn't fancy them any longer they can leave. That's nuts. He's paid a lot to manage and it is his responsibility to get the very best out of them in every way.

I just think his thinking on transfer targets is a bit muddled. Therefore, I'm not fussed if the board don't make any further signings.

Unfortunately, people will excuse his dire coaching and man management skills and the conversation will be all about the signings we didn't make.

AndyJ1985

We're not just struggling to sign players, we're struggling to sell them. It's really poor all round

peridigm

We're not just struggling to sign players, we're struggling to sell them. It's really poor all round
We don't want to pay what clubs are asking for top talent, yet we seemingly want too much for our castaways.

Patrick08

It's near deadline day and it couldn't be more obvious that we are dealing with Levy, and he is being Levy.

red4ever 79

Fully with you on this mate. I cannot envisage Woodward being happy. 2 CB's signed already and deemed not good enough and now Jose wants another. Serious questions should be raised about his targeting and judgement of players. Add in the fact that with all the attacking potential we have, we are still fecking diabolical in the final third.

JohnnyKills

Not liking the shit up front.
Apollo can sure run but his crosses are rubbish, may as well be aiming for the moon.
Not sure about Tag Heur as the false striker. The timing of his runs is awful.
Chivas runs like a drunken knob head so I'm not sure what service we will get down the left. Problem of our season. No width.
DHL couldn't deliver a forward pass if his life depended on it. Aimless and many lost passes.
Gulf looks like he is out of gas. Signed him too late. Short-termism players like this won't help the cause now.
Columbia looks the part, but for whatever reason, can't cement the LB as his own.
Chevrolet still struggling with that eye problem, after going temporarily blind seeing a bright gold light. Not sure we can rely on him now.
AON does a lot of orchestrating at the back. Probably one of our better players. Too risk averse though.
Aeroflot can fly down the wing all day but like Apollo, his crosses don't reach the right destination.
Adidas is our only world class player, even though some people in Spain think Nike is better. Pfft.

All in all, not a laughing matter. We are in for a very long season my friend.
Aeroflot goes down too easily as well.

JohnnyKills

Tbh i wouldn't be surprised if they want rid of Mourinho and are trying to get him to quit. That new contract he signed a year ago was a fecking stupid move, even by our recent standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.