Wot, no transfers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSSSnake

I feel like Drogba x 100 after getting knocked out by Barcelona all them years ago. “It’s a fu**ing discrace”

Players wanted to go to us. Heck Mina even went to Everton in the end!! Are we suddenly penny pinching now like Spurs? We needed players and Eddy couldn’t deliver. Wtf was he doing all his time? Playing fortnight and wanking off some Chinese businessman?

Verminator

How much more money do we give Jose?
He's spent a fortune and the only players he bought that are starters are Lukaku, a misfiring Sanchez, an alienated Pogba , Matic and perma-crock Bailly. Matic and Sanchez being at the end of their careers.
The club will have to continue when Mou goes, so there has to be some control.

With two aging wingers as fullbacks and the Spanish Clive Dunn on right wing, I wouldn't be surprised if Ed said no more CBs until these areas are sorted.

Oneunited26

You can be on a higher moral ground when you are Relaxed as a club Like Bayern and Madrid are. We are going nowhere.
I agree, either adapt and get with the times which the club are 10 years behind the times transfer wise until top 4 is lost, or actually look at the structure at the club by scouting better and develop from within. If the club are that tight start developing players, it just drives me mad they will only spend when they out of the top 4. I don’t know why fans even give them a penny, because they taking the fans for mugs by taking fans money and not putting it into the team, if they not doing that don’t spend anything on the club. It’s a joke we going into the season with Valencia, Jones, smalling, rojo, Damian, young, matic, fellaini, mata and lingard just to name a few. It makes me laugh they even included that back up keeper has an actual signing, wow they spend money on a keeper lol how we would improve if we replaced jones, mata and young with a top class CB and LB along with a RW, but it does not sell shirts, does it?

Acole9

Outstanding
I'm gutted lads, sitting at home balling my eyes out. I would've taken Harry Arter on loan, just desperate for a transfer video.

WMY

It's clear that the board is not backing the manager anymore.... Sad

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Don't you think proper planning and scouting could have made it a decent investment.
During SAF's time we basically ignored anyone whose agent dared asking us for a fee for his service. Which meant that we mostly got third rated players who were desperate enough to pay for the agent fees themselves. I suspect this 'stategy' continued during Moyes time too. Hence why he asked for Fabregas only to end up with Fellaini. We did break the rules during LVG's time but once again our transfer market was erratic at best. We would spend ridiculous money for the shiny object which makes great PR (ex ADM) only to go full skint mode the season after when we only signed Martial off note. We repeated the same lingo with Mou. He enjoyed 2 great transfer windows that was followed by this mess.

Mainoldo

I agree, either adapt and get with the times which the club are 10 years behind the times transfer wise until top 4 is lost, or actually look at the structure at the club by scouting better and develop from within. If the club are that tight start developing players, it just drives me mad they will only spend when they out of the top 4. I don’t know why fans even give them a penny, because they taking the fans for mugs by taking fans money and not putting it into the team, if they not doing that don’t spend anything on the club. It’s a joke we going into the season with Valencia, Jones, smalling, rojo, Damian, young, matic, fellaini, mata and lingard just to name a few. It makes me laugh they even included that back up keeper has an actual signing, wow they spend money on a keeper lol how we would improve if we replaced jones, mata and young with a top class CB and LB along with a RW, but it does not sell shirts, does it?
Ermmm excuse me. We was in the CL last summer and brought a £70m striker.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
While I would probably indulge in a bout of moaning any time we look this ineffective in the transfer window, it would usually be pierced by a sense that it might not be as bad as I think.

The fact that our manager has already said we'd have a difficult season if no further players were signed kind of robs that idea of any weight. Especially as that manager at least rates himself highly, a luxury many United fans don't get to share. If he thinks it's going to be a tough season then I guess we better prepare for a tough season. :(

maltrain

After all... I think United is in better position than last year.

We have the same players plus a fresh Alexis Sánchez, Fred and Pereira.

Certainly, we still have a weak defense (you can´t win a Champions League with Valencia, Smalling, Jones and Young as your back line) but I hope Bailly and specially Lindelof can surprise us this season.

In other hand, I don't think other clubs made great investments either... in fact, Spurs (signing no one) and Chelsea (losing Courtois and spending a stupid number for Kepa) are worst than last year in my opinion.

Reactions: KM

Mainoldo

During SAF's time we basically ignored anyone whose agent dared asking us for a fee for his service. Which meant that we mostly got third rated players who were desperate enough to pay for the agent fees themselves. I suspect this 'stategy' continued during Moyes time too. Hence why he asked for Fabregas only to end up with Fellaini. We did break the rules during LVG's time but once again our transfer market was erratic at best. We would spend ridiculous money for the shiny object which makes great PR (ex ADM) only to go full skint mode the season after when we only signed Martial off note. We repeated the same lingo with Mou. He enjoyed 2 great transfer windows that was followed by this mess.
Shaw, Sweinstiger, Darmian, Schneirderln, Depay, Martial. How is that going skint. Not to add a bid for Muller rejected.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
A lot of Fred up fans on this forum. But Dalot down is we did make a couple of promising improvements. Grant-ed it's not entirely what we needed, but premier league football is almost back :devil:

Hughie77

Could see it coming. We got Fred and Diogo early on. Then realy just fishing to see if a top cb came available for not stupid money. And we did not get one, we go with what we got, and it's ok, who knows should improve this season?

starman

I wanted Maguire, but am content with not getting him this window. Not signing a winger though was a complete blunder, especially with Martial wanting to leave. Hopefully he comes good, and he, Sanchez, Mata and Rashford prove to be more than capable.....:)

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I feel like Drogba x 100 after getting knocked out by Barcelona all them years ago. “It’s a fu**ing discrace”

Players wanted to go to us. Heck Mina even went to Everton in the end!! Are we suddenly penny pinching now like Spurs? We needed players and Eddy couldn’t deliver. Wtf was he doing all his time? Playing fortnight and wanking off some Chinese businessman?
At least Spurs have a new stadium, our needs serious titivating. We have signed the same number of global partners as we have players, really we have signed one player who will be in the team. Dalot will not displace Valencia yet as Jose loves him. Then a third choice goalie who will only play if DDG needs resting and won't at all once Romero is back.

devilish

Shaw, Sweinstiger, Darmian, Schneirderln, Depay, Martial. How is that going skint. Not to add a bid for Muller rejected.
Martial was a decent signings. The rest were either players from minor clubs whose salary was probably pocket money or players who should have retired long ago.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I wanted Maguire, but am content with not getting him this window. Not signing a winger though was a complete blunder, especially with Martial wanting to leave. Hopefully he comes good, and he, Sanchez, Mata and Rashford prove to be more than capable.....:)
Isn't that the problem? All our hopes are based on these players bothering to turn up. We now have to hope that Martial and Pogba are still not sulking and fighting with the manager. This team should be capable of producing more.

Russell_eire

Shame that the right wing couldn't get sorted today.

Let's hope it turns out to be Shaw's big season! And that Martial and Pogba stay and play. And that Pogba and Sanchez stop getting in each other's way.

devilish

Shame that the right wing couldn't get sorted today.

Let's hope it turns out to be Shaw's big season! And that Martial and Pogba stay and play. And that Pogba and Sanchez stop getting in each other's way.
Shaw is a bit like Liverpool. Next year is always his year.

PvsNP

Craig Norwood (our club photographer, tier 0) says that Woodward has had Mourinho's list of transfer targets since April. No one at the club really knows what's happening, including Mourinho apparently.

Shambles.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
There is no obvious moves we will make unless we make a significant sale apart from Blind and Darmian. The squad is bloated with players that aren't top quality but expensive to replace.

Unless we sell a forward it's difficult to see us buying another. If we play 4-3-3 then only 3 of Lukaku, Sanchez, Lingard, Rashford, Martial and Mata are going to play at once, 3-5-2 and it could leave 4 on the bench.

The obvious upgrade in attack is a right winger. I can't see why Real would let Bale go so there's arguably no standout options compared to giving Rashford/Martial/Lingard the chance to make that role their own or playing Sanchez there. If we did buy a RW surely one would leave.

This leaves centre back where a quality and reliable partner for Smalling is required. But again one of Jones, Bailly, Rojo (why a new deal?) or Lindelof would surely need to leave.

Buying a left back would likely mean £100k+ a week Shaw would barely make a match day squad (Young or Dalot would probably get games first). Hence I don't think a new LB is a guarantee either.
By the 5th July I could see what was happening as I posted above. Next summer the likes of Mata, Shaw, Young, Valencia will simply have to be replaced due to age and contract status.

The Purley King

By the 5th July I could see what was happening as I posted above. Next summer the likes of Mata, Shaw, Young, Valencia will simply have to be replaced due to age and contract status.
And hopefully someone other than mourinho sorts that out.

siw2007

Shame we didn’t get the centre back Jose wanted. It certainly wasn’t an easy window for the club but the club are right in not being drawn into big money transfers for players who just aren’t worth the time.

Maguire is a good player who could make the step up but Leicester are just going to ask crazy money for him. Alderweireld would have been a good buy but dealing with Levy probably wasn’t worth it this window.

We will make do this year. Hopefully we will see improvement from players like Bailly and Lindelof this year.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
How much more money do we give Jose?
He's spent a fortune and the only players he bought that are starters are Lukaku, a misfiring Sanchez, an alienated Pogba , Matic and perma-crock Bailly. Matic and Sanchez being at the end of their careers.
The club will have to continue when Mou goes, so there has to be some control.

With two aging wingers as fullbacks and the Spanish Clive Dunn on right wing, I wouldn't be surprised if Ed said no more CBs until these areas are sorted.
Funny.
So after Ed said that you need to sort out your full back first.
You think Jose sat there twiddling his thumbs and told Ed not to buy any players in LB or RW position?

Jose would've told Ed to buy many players, including Sandro, Bale, etc.
Ed, like last year with Perisic, shut Jose down, as he wanted to save money. It really is as simple as that. Other clubs spent big this Summer, but we didn't.

I am very frustrated and depressed that our club want to go the Arsenal route, attempting to win the 4th place trophy, while spending as little as possible. From a business angle, it is the holy grail. From a sporting angle, aiming not to win, really does suck.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
So the gigantic gaping hole on the right wing still hasn't been solved. That seems pretty fecking stupid. Can only hope Sanchez gets put there and does well.

Mainoldo

Martial was a decent signings. The rest were either players from minor clubs whose salary was probably pocket money or players who should have retired long ago.
However we was not in a position to get the best of the best was we. It’s like expect Liverpool to sign Pogba two years ago, they didn’t have the clout.

buchansleftleg

That's a great point and emphasises how mad this is.

Lets say Shaw turns it around. That still leaves us with 3 players to replace in Mata, Young and Valencia. We either then have to hope the youngsters are good enough or also buy some backup, certainly in the wide positions.

So we end up looking at bringing in 5 new signings next year. Another transition year!

If Shaw screws up then it will be 6 players.

We've definitely been hamstrung by the owners here. If we get off to a bad start things will get very ugly very quickly!

Hawks2008

Very disheartening to see the lack of ambition from the club. Another season of Valencia - Jones - Smalling - Young it is...

Darius_MUFC1991

Barbados, formally Ripon and South London
We’ve signed a Brazilian international who’ll undoubtedly improve our midfield (whom City wanted too, by the way) and one of Europe’s most promising right-backs. Why are the emotional bellends crying like babies? We finished second last season and lost none of our big guns. It’s not been a superbly brilliant window but it’s been far from the dystopia many are banging on about. Get a grip, ffs.
We lost Carrick. He was a big gun, Fred is now the replacement. We lost Blind and brought in Dalot. Apart from a returning Pereira you have to ask if we are stronger than last season.

Over 30 players in Matic, Mata, Fellaini, Young, Romero and Valencia have been joined by 35 year old Lee Grant and Sanchez will join the club shortly.....

Just a bit of perspective, but I do agree people are getting overly upset over spending money when it could have been a disaster bringing the wrong players in.

EyeInTheSky

Craig Norwood (our club photographer, tier 0) says that Woodward has had Mourinho's list of transfer targets since April. No one at the club really knows what's happening, including Mourinho apparently.

Shambles.
Its still his fault though. If he smiled more than maybe an ageing mata who was slow even in his teens could have been transformed into the lightning quick and spectacular winger we were all after.

Filip#6

Would be nice to know how the club think we can close the gap to City with these signings.

Just hope Pereira/Shaw/Dalot/Martial/Rashford step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.