Would this be legal in football?

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance

The equivalent of that but for football, it could work for free kicks to be hit with unbelievable power and accuracy. It could be like a front bit you can attach to your boot just for free kicks or goal kicks. I don't believe there is currently a law against it.

Siorac

I hate that people no longer post text that explains stuff, just a fecking video. I don't want to watch a video. Give me text that I can skim quickly to see what it's about.

fecking kids these days.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

The equivalent of that but for football, it could work for free kicks to be hit with unbelievable power and accuracy. It could be like a front bit you can attach to your boot just for free kicks or goal kicks. I don't believe there is currently a law against it.
Just to make golf even more pointless than currently.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I hate that people no longer post text that explains stuff, just a fecking video. I don't want to watch a video. Give me text that I can skim quickly to see what it's about.

fecking kids these days.
Short version - You press a button on the golf club instead of actually hitting the ball.
Utterly pointless.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

Obviously you’re not serious. But regardless of that, any boot that could contain that device, would stop you running. Otherwise, great idea.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Can't believe they forgot to add a "No piston powered football boots or boot attachments can be used on the football pitch" line to the rule book.

Uniquim

Not sure if this would increase accuracy for free kicks. Maybe in the short-term, but surely the defending team would find a way to counter-act it? Also it'd be banned within a month of discovery, surely.

btw, between 2009-10 and 2019-20, the best conversion rates for direct free kicks across Europe's top 5 leagues were Dybala, scoring 10 from 63 attempts (15.90%). Lodi (12.60%) was second. (Ronaldo was at 6.10%, 21 from 343). I think it's crazy so many clubs spend as much time as they do in dying minutes of a game, when there's a direct free kick attempt.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

It's literally the first line in the FIFA equipment rules.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Not sure if this would increase accuracy for free kicks. Maybe in the short-term, but surely the defending team would find a way to counter-act it? Also it'd be banned within a month of discovery, surely.

btw, between 2009-10 and 2019-20, the best conversion rates for direct free kicks across Europe's top 5 leagues were Dybala, scoring 10 from 63 attempts (15.90%). Lodi (12.60%) was second. (Ronaldo was at 6.10%, 21 from 343). I think it's crazy so many clubs spend as much time as they do in dying minutes of a game, when there's a direct free kick attempt.
See this kind of comment a lot.

The % chance of scoring from any since single second in a football match where the ball is more than 18 yards from goal?...... It’s close to zero. Even a 3% conversion rate is worth taking time over.

Though admittedly, if it’s takes 3 mins to set a wall and only 2 mins are added on that fcuks with the math.

Oranges038

Wasn't there something before predators like a rubber sleeve or something that wasn't allowed?

diarm

Obviously you’re not serious. But regardless of that, any boot that could contain that device, would stop you running. Otherwise, great idea.
So you're telling me I could buy a boot that would turn me into Matthew Le Tissier?