Would you be happy to see the Glazers sell to Saudi Arabia-backed owners?

Who would you rather have as United’s owners?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Infra-red

First of all, wrong usage as you called them neighbors as in plural? the correct use is to a single sector that established itself in the has been divided neighboring country of Yemen. In KSA Yemenese can be seen living a good life can always break into middle class and beyond. The common of Yemmene's population would rather raise their kids in KSA, then UAE, Qatar and so on. This is a brief explanation to what's going on down there?

A terrorist group other than Alqaeda has emerged. Funded from Iran in an attempt to disrupt KSA's peace. Their first idiotic act was to capture a Mountain deep in the South. However, it's been many long years and they haven't giving up attacking our borders. We want them gone but they keep coming back. last year they tried to send long ranged missiles towards the Capital Riyadh but all fourth of them were intercepted by our National Army. The members of such groups tend to wear a white t-shirt with the writing of (DEATH TO AMERICA AND ISRAEL). Even our dearest thing in Islam Alk'aba from the city of Mecca was a target by those mercenaries but failed with the help of Allah.

BTW/ The South of Saudi Arabia doesn't contain any riches like Oil and have an exact geographical shape of mountains like the once the British Army tackled in Afghanistan.

Just a fun fact; our neighbors: Kuwait, UAE,Qatar,Oman and Bahrain call us "The Shield". We're a major factor in pushing Peace in the region and we even extended that to Egypt and all of north Africa. So I don't know where you get your news from but it has to be untrustworthy or miss guided journalists/sources.

to be a true monster of moral. Stop fake news.
Needless to say, The UN , Human Rights Watch, Genocide Watch and Amnesty International all view the war crimes perpetrated by the Saudis in Yemen, quite differently to the way you do. That is to be expected, given where you are and the access you will have (or rather not have) to independent sources of information while living in an authoritarian police state that censors foreign news, tortures its prisoners and murders its critics.

The UN humanitarian office estimates the current Yemen war dead at 233,000, many of them children - they have called the Saudi military intervention in Yemen "the worst humanitarian crisis in the world." The Saudis have been deliberately targeting civilians in airstrikes and the Saudi naval blockade has left 80% of the Yemini population (20 million people) in urgent need of food, water and medical supplies. Here's a few summaries of the genocide being committed by the Saudis in Yemen:

Saudi intervention in Yemen has included massive airstrikes. Over a third have targeted civilian areas, including hospitals, homes, markets, schools, and mosques, directly killing over 12,000 civilians. Only half of hospitals continue to operate. Saudi naval blockades have cut off food supplies. Thousands of children have died of starvation. A cholera epidemic afflicted 800,000 civilians and killed thousands. Eighty percent of the population depends on humanitarian relief. The Yemeni Archive and Oxfam report that the Saudi-led coalition has systematically destroyed 130 bridges essential for delivery of humanitarian aid.

Genocide Watch considers Saudi Arabia to be at Stage 8: Persecution for its treatment of Shi'a Muslims domestically and Stage 9: Extermination for its war crimes and blockade of food aid in Yemen.

https://www.genocidewatch.com/single-post/genocide-emergency-saudi-arabia-and-the-war-in-yemen

As the leader of the coalition that began military operations against Houthi forces in Yemen on March 26, 2015, Saudi Arabia has committed numerous violations of international humanitarian law. Since March 2015, Human Rights Watch has documented numerous unlawful attacks by the coalition that have hit homes, markets, hospitals, schools, and mosques. Some of these attacks may amount to war crimes. Saudi commanders face possible criminal liability for war crimes as a matter of command responsibility. Human Rights Watch reported in March 2020 that Saudi military forces and Saudi-backed Yemeni forces carried out serious abuses against Yemenis since mid-2019 in al-Mahrah, Yemen’s far eastern governorate, including arbitrary arrests, torture, enforced disappearances, and illegal transfer of detainees to Saudi Arabia

In September, the UN Group of Eminent International and Regional Experts on Yemen stated that it had “reasonable grounds” to believe that Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Government of Yemen were responsible for human rights violations in Yemen, and recommended that the UN Security Council refer the situation in Yemen to the International Criminal Court.

The conflict exacerbated an existing humanitarian crisis. The Saudi-led coalition has imposed an aerial and naval blockade since March 2015 and restricted the flow of life-saving goods and the ability for Yemenis to travel into and out of the country to varying degrees throughout the war.

The fact that The West (including both the UK and the US) has been not just complicit, but has actively assisted the military campaign (including selling billions of dollars worth of weapons to the Saudis) is an absolute disgrace, a permanent stain on all the countries involved and something about which we should all be disgusted and ashamed.

Anyone interested in Saudi Arabia's numerous domestic human rights violations, including torture, executions, suppression of free speech, discrimination against women/LGBT/Shi'a Muslims etc can read about it here:

Amnesty International: Ten ways that Saudi Arabia violates human rights
https://www.amnesty.org.uk/saudi-arabia-human-rights-raif-badawi-king-salman

Human Rights Watch: Saudi Arabia
https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2021/country-chapters/saudi-arabia

Saudi man 'faces spine-op punishment'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-11045848

Saudi Arabia: Women beheaded in street, corpses dangling from cranes
https://www.news.com.au/world/middl...s/news-story/e9b9a2a9f158285818106049e922aff1

Is Saudi Arabia more extreme than ‘Islamic State’?
https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-saudi-arabia-extreme-islamic-state

Saudi prisoner 'executed and crucified'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-48028518

Mohammed bin Salman facing criminal case over Jamal Khashoggi death - Case filed in Germany accuses Saudi crown prince of ‘crimes against humanity’ over persecution of journalists
https://www.theweek.co.uk/952132/mohammed-bin-salman-faces-criminal-case-jamal-khashoggi-death

Mohammed bin Salman ‘approved murder’ of Jamal Khashoggi
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/mohammed-bin-salman-approved-murder-of-jamal-khashoggi-d3xlcxkqn

red thru&thru

Yeah sorry, excuse me while I ensure my woman hasn't spoken without my permission and bury this journalist I chopped up earlier. Just English things I guess.

Are you fecking real? At what point did I say the English are completely absolved for decades of genocide? Not sure why you're trying to suggest it's completely fine to support a regime such as the Saudis because 'other countries have done bad things once'. For what it's worth, most countries stopped putting people on spikes after the dark ages and if the English were still doing it you could definitely expect me to have a fecking problem with it.
Where did I suggest to support the Saudi regime?

Do you speak to many Saudi women from Saudi?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
It is not the correct answer it is your opinion.

So you ask me the difference between Hitler and the UK and USA governments and because I state my opinion that the difference might have something to do with the mass extermination of six million jews and five million non jews, you decide that it is the wrong answer and you decide that I am sympathetic to the current Israeli government.

Strange logic my friend.

Both as wrong as each other. Two wrongs don’t make a right my friend.

crossy1686

career ending
Where did I suggest to support the Saudi regime?

Do you speak to many Saudi women from Saudi?
Jesus fecking Christ. I haven't got the energy to have a debate about not having a debate about war crimes.

Listen, I checked the votes and @red thru&thru voted for the Saudis to takeover from the Glazers. If you are content with people who openly commit war crimes (today) owning our club, instead of some nob heads who take dividends, selling your morals for the chance of winning some silverware then that's on you.

All those people in Yemen who died are worth it just as long as no one takes £20m out of the club? Fecking disgraceful. Let's hope you and no one you know ever find themselves in the situation all those people affected by the Saudis have.

red thru&thru

Based on what exactly?

You are out of order mate and the moderators should remove your post
You questioning my intelligence isn't?

You're hell bent on proving the Saudis are some sort of tyrants. My original comment that you replied on was about people not believing all the media and how a perception of country isn't as it always seems. I even gave examples of my point.

But what did you do? Compared Saudi Arabia to a genocide era of Hitler.

I then commented on the goings on US and the constant killings of black people and you chose to brush it off as just a minority of police to a minority of people.

You can make your points against the Royal Family/MBS, but the constant defamation of Saudia Arabia as a whole is concerning.

red thru&thru

Jesus fecking Christ. I haven't got the energy to have a debate about not having a debate about war crimes.

Listen, I checked the votes and @red thru&thru voted for the Saudis to takeover from the Glazers. If you are content with people who openly commit war crimes (today) owning our club, instead of some nob heads who take dividends, selling your morals for the chance of winning some silverware then that's on you.

All those people in Yemen who died are worth it just as long as no one takes £20m out of the club? Fecking disgraceful. Let's hope you and no one you know ever find themselves in the situation all those people affected by the Saudis have.
I also hope so too. And I have not hid anything in this group. Go read my other posts as you like doing so much research on me!

If you fail to comment back on my overall view about the ownership of MBS, then I'll take it as you just tried to make me look bad, without any concrete evidence!

crossy1686

career ending
I also hope so too. And I have not hid anything in this group. Go read my other posts as you like doing so much research on me!

If you fail to comment back on my overall view about the ownership of MBS, then I'll take it as you just tried to make me look bad, without any concrete evidence!
I don't have to try, you actively voted for a oppressive and murderous regime to own our club because you think there's a chance we'll win a trophy. You've disgraced yourself.

red thru&thru

I don't have to try, you actively voted for a oppressive and murderous regime to own our club because you think there's a chance we'll win a trophy. You've disgraced yourself.
Hahaha of course I have. Clearly see you have no morals yourself.

red thru&thru

Oh, and you have put across serious accusation against the other 211 posters who voted for the Saudis. What a poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.