Would you rather be a yoyo club or a perennial relegation survivor?

Skills

Snitch
Question for supporters of all clubs - what's the more preferred option?

Obviously, being long term in the PL is financially better for the club. You get to see your club compete against the big teams year on year - and I guess with the PL income there's always a bit of hope you might be able to push onto more. But at the same time, must be a bit demoralising watching your team having a losing record every year? Going into a season knowing you'll see your team lose more matches than win. Plus relegation almost feels like it'll be a matter of time. While the yoyo clubs get to be the 'top dogs' of the championship every other year or so.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Both are depressing but I'd probably say yo-yo. At least there'd be a bit of variety with the grounds and cities you'd be visiting and you'd have seasons of being on top as you say.

I can't imagine anything more depressing as a football fan than supporting a team at the arse end of a league with no hopes or ambitions other than to be slightly better than a few other teams.

Cloud7

I would say yo-yo club. At least you get some variation when you drop back down. You get to play different teams, you get to experience fb excitement of winning most of your matches, and winning the second division.

Sounds more interesting than a team who just about clings to 16-17 place every season. I imagine that gets boring after a while. What joy and excitement is there to be had in knowing that you can’t hope for more than that when the new season starts?

So in that respect I would rather be a fan of Norwich than a fan of Burnley.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Second option.

Would rather watch Premier league football every week.

The Oracle

Imagine going into every league campaign for 36 consecutive seasons and never knowing if you are going to be promoted or relegated.

Now spare a thought for fans of Rochdale AFC who that actually happened to...
From season 1974-75 all the way up to and including season 2009/10 when they finally won promotion out of the 4th tier of English football!