• Yes

Votes: 1,013 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 1,140 52.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

frostbite

Conte ticks all the right boxes like Mourinho. And we all saw how that turned out.
How did that turn out? We won a european and a domestic cup. What did we do in the past three years? Nothing. Nothing after spending mega-millions. We get beaten by Young Boys. We can't even win at home vs mediocre teams.

RedIan

conte v ole as a manager….

Conte won 5 Serie A titles at Juve and 1 at Inter .
At Chelsea for 2 seasons - he won the Premiership and broke the record for the most wins in a season. They also won the FA cup..
He managed Italy for 2 years with a 56% win rate.

Ole - Brief spell at Cardiff who were relegated under his management - 9 months - 30% win rate.
Managed molde, small club in Norway for 2 X 3 year spells. 55% win rate. Won the title twice in his first stint,, nothing in his second stint.
Managed United for 3 years - won nothing to-date despite massive transfer spending - 55% win rate..

I’d take Conte.

Strelok

conte v ole as a manager….

Conte won 5 Serie A titles at Juve and 1 at Inter .
At Chelsea for 2 seasons - he won the Premiership and broke the record for the most wins in a season. They also won the FA cup..
He managed Italy for 2 years with a 56% win rate.

Ole - Brief spell at Cardiff who were relegated under his management - 9 months - 30% win rate.
Managed molde, small club in Norway for 2 X 3 year spells. 55% win rate. Won the title twice in his first stint,, nothing in his second stint.
Managed United for 3 years - won nothing to-date despite massive transfer spending - 55% win rate..

I’d take Conte.
This same logic got us LVG and Jose. Better pay Roma and get Jose back I think. Conte hasn't won a single CL yet and Jose won two.

Eddy_JukeZ

This same logic got us LVG and Jose. Better pay Roma and get Jose back I think. Conte hasn't won a single CL yet and Jose won two.
Jose was a busted fish when he came here.

Chelsea were almost in the relegation zone with him the previous season.

Strelok

Jose was a busted fish when he came here.

Chelsea were almost in the relegation zone with him the previous season.
This is simply a great hindsight. And not even remotely true.

Btw I'm not that against Conte, I was against that logic. If only the CV matters I don't think Pep, Zidane or even Conte himself got a chance at Barcelona, Madrid and Juve.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
He's my pick. We need someone like him to whip this team into winning shape.This team is ready to win, Conte will win. Some don't like him because they say he'll buy old players and blow ish up but he would have never had such talent and resources at this disposal since Chelsea and he won the league there. He wants control, something we can give him and Roman wouldn't give him and the lack of finances at Inter couldn't afford him. United and Conte are a perfect mix.

Mr Smith

Not the right fit for us. He would rip up the squad we've built, spend another 300mil plus, mayyyyybe win a trophy, and then feck off after two-three years. No thank you. If we're going to replace Ole, we need someone who's going to take the current talented squad to the next level, not rip it all up and start over.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Not the right fit for us. He would rip up the squad we've built, spend another 300mil plus, mayyyyybe win a trophy, and then feck off after two-three years. No thank you. If we're going to replace Ole, we need someone who's going to take the current talented squad to the next level, not rip it all up and start over.
I honestly don't believe they'd allow him to rip up the squad because he wouldn't be allowed to do that imo. But I very much doubt he will be a genuine target.

Strelok

I honestly don't believe they'd allow him to rip up the squad because he wouldn't be allowed to do that imo. But I very much doubt he will be a genuine target.
Do you see how it went once he's not allowed to do or to get what he wanted at Juve, Chelsea, Inter? Literally all the clubs he has ever managed so far.

Telling Conte that he won't be allowed to do what he'd like and he'll tell us to feck off I think.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
For 18 months yes if he comes in now, idea should be to win something before the season ends, after his time bring in Either one of Mancini or Zidane.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Conte is even more volatile than Jose and seems to fall out with everyone just as quick. It would be a bizarre appointment after Ole and I dont think theres a chance we would entertain it.
Also if you have a siege mentality manager like Conte/Jose you need the fan base etc 100% behind them for it to work because they will act the maggot at times and fall out with their own players.
A lot of our fanbase despised Jose from the off to the extent that winning under Jose wouldnt count in their eyes. Im not sure Conte would be much more popular and its very hard to succeed in those circumstances.
We will go for someone who will take Oles team to the next level not rip it all up.
A big no to Conte

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Do you see how it went once he's not allowed to do or to get what he wanted at Juve, Chelsea, Inter? Literally all the clubs he has ever managed so far.

Telling Conte that he won't be allowed to do what he'd like and he'll tell us to feck off I think.
I think we'll tell him to feck off before it even comes to that.

YeahYeah

Sometimes you dont have much of a choice.
Solskjaer is a PE teacher clearly and we need to replace him ASAP and Conte is the only top manager available. He is the only option we have. Cant and shouldnt complicate this.

If you catch yourself thinking about it, just follow the example of a team that does it better than us and ask yourselves, what would Chelsea do? There you go. There's your answer. We all know what Chelsea would do.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I find it weird that he hasn't won a Champions league or even an Europa League yet.

Going for him is like chopping and changing a squad I like for a single PL title before it all falls apart in 2 and a half years or something.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Yes, I'd take him in a heartbeat! He's a winner for crying out loud!

I don't get this argument that the squad will be in dissary when he leaves. Chelsea weren't, they won the CL 18 months later. Plus, don't we have a structure and a DOF in place now to prevent that happening?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
No ,No and No
Erik Hen Taag at Ajax would be the best choice for me now.
In the same way the supposedly super negative Conte would need specific players to implement his system, so would Hen Taag (sic lol).

Eddy_JukeZ

This is simply a great hindsight. And not even remotely true.

Btw I'm not that against Conte, I was against that logic. If only the CV matters I don't think Pep, Zidane or even Conte himself got a chance at Barcelona, Madrid and Juve.
It is though.

His final season at Chelsea was disastrous.

It was more disastrous than his typical 3rd season meltdown and his 2nd stint at Chelsea overall showed great signs of decline.

BerryBerryShrew

I think we'll tell him to feck off before it even comes to that.

I think this is the issue to be honest. Most people who are saying no to Conte aren't doing so because he'll play bad football (in reality his Chelsea side played some good stuff) or that he'll be gone in two years (doesn't really matter if he wins us a title in the meantime).

The issue is that he is liable to fall out with or attempt to sell the absolutely unsellable assets (Greenwood, Rashford, Shaw) which will put him at loggerheads with the club quickly. He will want full control over transfers and that is an issue for any top club in the modern game.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
On an 18 month contract perhaps. Doesn’t seem much point in any club offering him anything longer than that.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
I wouldn't if I was a United fan. Conte is probably the answer to the question "how do United challenge for titles next season?". Unfortunately he's also probably the answer to the question "who can United get that guarantees they'll be hiring a new manager again by 2023?".

Tempting to go with the guy who bought near-instant success to both Chelsea and Inter, but long-term he's probably not the best bet. It's like if someone offers you a jug of whiskey or a jug of water. The whiskey will be more fun for a while but bloody hell will you regret it in the morning.

RedCheekz

At least he knows how to win titles and get some team discipline.
Not the best option long term but right now we got the players to win and he can do that with this team.

Siorac

Any manager who wants full control over the club's transfer policy should be excluded from consideration.

Also, Conte's preferred formation doesn't suit our current squad in the slightest.

jamesjimmybyrondean

If I were to take Conte it will be because the best suitable options are not available. And it will be an 18 months deal till hopefully a more suitable option comes along. Treat him like the stop gap players we've bought in Ole's tenure

TheReligion

Abusive
I think Conte gets more from this current group of players yes.

We are lacking at the moment not because of the squad, but because of the coaches. Pep, Klopp and Tuchel all give their teams an advantage over us. Conte would put us back in that mix for sure.

Zidane would be another one. Potter would be an interesting gamble but if we are moving on from Ole it will be to get a manager with pedigree now not potential.

People say it didn't work with Mourinho and LvG but they both won us trophies..

dinostar77

Conte at the helm with Ronaldo around for what 2-3 season I think would be at least a PL title or a CL title. Hes volatile when things dont go his way true. At inter they dismantled his Serie A winning squad so why should he stay? At Chelsea he ran into the same issues every chelsea manager does after a few seasons. Tuchel will experience the same.

For me for 2-3 seasons hes worth bringing in. Utd like to boast that they are the biggest clubbing the world etc, however when it comes to managers to manage this elite club they think small.

Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, Juventus etc all hire and fire managers if they arent challenging for the domestic title. We seem to be happy just to make CL qualification. We need to have the mentality that managers will be here for 3-4 seasons then be replaced. They are here to train the first team. The DoF and others manage and shape the squad over a longer period of time. The european super clubs do this so should we.

Ole has done a commendable job to stead the ship and turn it around. Now the reins need to be given to an elite manager to turn the undoubted potential in this squad into trophies.

Strelok

I think this is the issue to be honest. Most people who are saying no to Conte aren't doing so because he'll play bad football (in reality his Chelsea side played some good stuff) or that he'll be gone in two years (doesn't really matter if he wins us a title in the meantime).

The issue is that he is liable to fall out with or attempt to sell the absolutely unsellable assets (Greenwood, Rashford, Shaw) which will put him at loggerheads with the club quickly. He will want full control over transfers and that is an issue for any top club in the modern game.
Aside from this issue I'm dreadful about how he treated creative attacking midfielders like Oscar, Eriksen. This guy hates CAM and young fast attacking players with a passion. He'll dumb Bruno, bench Rashford, Greenwood, sell our whole midfielders (which is probably a good thing), buy another three and play Matic in a 352 with Ronaldo and Cavani up top. That doesn't sound fascinating to me tbh.

croadyman

I think this poll would be closer if he didn't have a reputation for playing defensive football, being quite a divisive character and it's clear that many are convinced he comes in and just rips up the squad as well

Crashoutcassius

I think this poll would be closer if he didn't have a reputation for playing defensive football, being quite a divisive character and it's clear that many are convinced he comes in and just rips up the squad as well
yes if he was a completely different manager the poll might be different haha

ColvaleGoa

Conte would just be another Mourinho. Might win a trophy with dour football and burnt the building down when leaving.

Zidane ...I dunno waas he a good manager or just got lucky with Ronaldo being in beast mode?

Whoever comes in need to chase Fred out of the building first!

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Give me Zizou. I value pretty, attacking football more than results after years or boredom. I'd hate to see United play with wingbacks again. Sure Zizou might not had the best ending but what does Don Carlo do with the same squad? I see no differences at Real right now. And with our squad, I'm sure he does a way better job than Ole.

emperortan

Conte would just be another Mourinho. Might win a trophy with dour football and burnt the building down when leaving.

Zidane ...I dunno waas he a good manager or just got lucky with Ronaldo being in beast mode?

Whoever comes in need to chase Fred out of the building first!
Actually Conte did not burnt any building down when leaving. No club became a mess after his leaving, at least it was not his fault.

flappyjay

You get Conte you do what he asks or he walks.

Litch

No such thing as long term anymore. Come in wins a trophy of worth we then keep it moving....

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Voted no. Wanted to vote "no, feck off with that bollox" but wasn't an option

Status
Not open for further replies.