Would you take Koeman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nodlocnost2

Ex everton manager and dutch he sounds like the perfect mix combination of Moyes and Van Gaal. I say we get him.

Robbie Boy

Only on a 5 year deal so we can see 'progress' and a 'cultural reset'. These things take time.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Only if Barca take OGS off our hands. Straight swap. El Ineptico.

OleGunnar20

If we're going full Incompetent then why not just get Gattuso & Keane in on a co-management arrangement and release the netflix series.

Bwuk

That job isn’t a easy one. Barca have a dreadful squad and no money.

fergosaurus

Sure, why not? He's an upgrade on what we currently have and already has a good record at Old Trafford. :angel:

ConteIsLife

RodgersIsLife was taken
I don't want a caretaker boss because I don't trust the owners/board to not be dumb enough to give them a 3 year contract when they win a few games.

Chairman Steve

To be honest, Koeman has been working at a club that is so horribly fecked for the next few years. He‘s a fairly decent manager and he’s more suited to the United job than OGS, based on his managerial background.

So on that basic fundamental thing, I would take Koeman as a caretaker even though I’m not saying he’s amazing and that we should even do it. Its more about that’s how much I rate OGS.

Imagine the hypothetical situation of Newcastle choosing between Koeman and Solskjaer as their new manager. You know who it’s going to be and anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

Sviken

I'd rather keep Ole. They're both, more or less, the same caliber of managers. Even if Koeman is slightly better, what's the point?

LoneStar

If we're going full Incompetent then why not just get Gattuso & Keane in on a co-management arrangement and release the netflix series.
Don't start giving the Glazers ideas, they might just do that for the added revenue and 'commercial appeal'.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
1000x yes.

It's statistically proven that putting anyone named Ronald or simply Ron into a managerial position is guaranteed to be a success. You can't argue with science.

UpWithRivers

Ole for Barca and Koeman for United will be a great experiment. Fkd up their current teams lets see what they can do with the each others teams. Biggest fk up wins.

Cloud7

Will he get two-three years minimum, 3-400 million, the chance to “make the team his own” and “stamp his authority on the squad” and have absolutely no expectations barring the bare minimum of making top 4 despite spending more than almost everyone?

If not, then the answer is no. If the answer is yes, then sign me up. I’m sold.

LInkash

Don't start giving the Glazers ideas, they might just do that for the added revenue and 'commercial appeal'.
They should do an Apprentice style show, with Fergie as the Sugar/Trump and winner gets to manage United.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
It's amusing so many people laugh off the suggestion when Fergie described Koeman as the most gifted manager of his generation. At his last leadership talk at Harvard he said very few clubs are willing to implement the top down changes and complete vision that Koeman would want which is why he will struggle to succeed at the largest clubs - just as we've seen with Barcelona. He said his one regret was not bringing in Koeman as an assistant manager when he had the chance so he could take over with the full backing of the board. They even discussed how Old Trafford and all it's facilities would need modernising and expanding to keep ahead of the growing league with Koeman producing architectural prints to achieve this back in 2010.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
It's amusing so many people laugh off the suggestion when Fergie described Koeman as the most gifted manager of his generation. At his last leadership talk at Harvard he said very few clubs are willing to implement the top down changes and complete vision that Koeman would want which is why he will struggle to succeed at the largest clubs - just as we've seen with Barcelona. He said his one regret was not bringing in Koeman as an assistant manager when he had the chance so he could take over with the full backing of the board. They even discussed how Old Trafford and all it's facilities would need modernising and expanding to keep ahead of the growing league with Koeman producing architectural prints to achieve this back in 2010.
I’m beginning to think Fergie isn’t the best judge on managers for us.

Redlyn

No way. We are desperate, but what's the point panic hiring. It just sets you back for longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.