WSL 20/21 | Spurs v United | 10th October 12:30pm

sillwuka

Alessia Russo continues to impress, if I didn't know different i'd say she watched videos of Claudio Caniggia when she was growing up!

And hats off to Barnet FC, quite simply the best camera angles i've seen at any game at any level for yonks, hope the Man City Academy TV crew were watching looking for ideas as theirs is by far the worst. And all that money they've spent!
Agreed about the camera placement. That made it very watchable!

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Very important win today after the poor result and performance against Liverpool.

A win against West Ham is very important before we have four tough matches in a row in the League and League Cup.

TrustInOle

Sorry if I'm late on this, but is Pien Meulensteen any relation to Rene? Only seen her name for the first time against Spurs.

Himannv

Just finished watching this. Bit of a feisty game on the whole, lots of fouls breaking up the flow of the game and I think that's down to how Spurs played and United letting a bit of frustration slip in.

Interesting to see the front three of Russo, Press and Heath. I think Press (and Heath to a lesser extent) didn't press them enough and work enough off the ball in the first half. Toone came on to help out with that and once Russo played up front it worked out nicely. Heath looks great on the ball and I think she had a good game with a nice assist as well. Russo is fantastic and quickly becoming one of my favourite players - she's quick and a proper presence upfront as a CF.

Another game where it was clear we need another DM in the squad. I think we looked solid with Ladd playing there but she played too far forward in the first 10 minutes or so and it showed as Spurs actually looked dangerous there. It got better as she dropped further deeper and we started creating a few chances though Groenen, who was fantastic and showed some serious quality on the ball. Zelem played alright. Staniforth is yet to impress me.

The defense was very good on the whole. I had my doubts about Galton at LB and I think she was in the wars a bit in the first half but eventually settled into putting in a good performance. Nice goal from MTurner and solid defending from McManus and ATurner. I like ATurner at RB; she's very good defensively. In general we played out from the back very well. Held onto the lead well in the end.