WSL 20/21 | United v Bristol - 12:00 Sun 20th Dec

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
United have such a solid squad now , infact with no European football one may argue it's too many good players if that's possible

Dudu

World. Class. :keano:

Last edited:

ForeverRed1

Is there any chance we can keep Heath? I understand she’s been drafted but does that mean she has to go? What if she wanted to stay at united?

Nick7

Is there any chance we can keep Heath? I understand she’s been drafted but does that mean she has to go? What if she wanted to stay at united?
US football rules are weird as feck. They’ve drafted the “rights” to the players. Doesn’t mean they own them though. If Heath and Press decide to go to the NWSL, that team will then own them.

RORY65

I guess it will depend on whether it would potentially impact Heath and Press' positions in the national team. They seem to be enjoying it at United and if we make the Champions League they may want to be a part of that. The view from America seems to be we have a chance because the expectation is they won't want to play in Louisville but will want to be traded to Angel City (the new team in LA set up by several celebrities including Serena Williams, Natalie Portman and Jessica Chastain) if possible and they don't enter the league until 2022.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Chelsea & City games scheduled today have been postponed. Might benefit us as these teams would have some fixture congestion.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Racing Louisville picked up hers and Christen's US registrations - but that only matters if they decide to return to the USA. Even so, from what I've read, no one expects them to play for Louisville. Someone would offer Louisville money/players for them and they'd move to somewhere higher in the rankings. It's a really weird system though. Players can literally get moved without discussion, and the only reason why Press/Heath would get a say is because other clubs would want to chase them.

After the Olympics, essentially it will be about what they want to do, and whether it affects their US national team contracts - there's been a relaxation in the national team rules (that limit the number of overseas players) this year due to covid. I'd guess that the US will try and get its players back once the League restarts properly - essentially once the vaccine is freely available.

It's tricky guessing if they'd want to stay. It's been such a weird year. They've really seen very little of Manchester or the UK, they've been playing without fans, family/friends haven't been able to visit them and vice versa. I suspect the only thing that has seemed normal to them is playing football - in cold, wet Manchester!

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
That was the result and performance i have hoped would happen.....to get some "Goal of the season" contenders was a bonus :D

We have improved so much and it is a joy to watch this team therefore i'm already happy with our season regardless what happens next years :)