WSL 21/22 | Brighton v United - Sun 12th Jan at 12:30 - live on BBC2

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Brighton are currently in third place, we're in 6th and we're 3 points behind them. In the League, we've drawn 3 of our last four games and lost to Arsenal in the other one. It's been 7 games since we kept a clean sheet. Jackie Groene is still injured (I think) but I think the other regular starters are around.

Is this the game where we find our form again? Will Millie Turner be able to help us get back some of our defensive ability? Will we find a way to get Leah Galton back to her best?

The match is live on BBC2 and BBC iPlayer. Available live in most countries outside the UK on FAPlayer as well.

Lightbringer

MASSIVE game, we need to climb up to that 3rd place spot, and we can not afford to drop any more points outside Arsenal and Chelsea games pretty much. If listening to United fans on twitter nothing will happen until Skinner is gone.
Skinner is right about one thing, if we had not conceded the fluky late goals vs Tottenham and Everton we´d be in the 3rd spot pretty much, and I assume the wave of abuse towards him would be a bit less. Although I am not sure we deserved to win both those game based on the overall play.

As the transfer window is opening up we have to show some improvement, how do you sell a 6th place in the table after teams like Brighton and Reading?

Blackstenius has played her last champions league game for Häcken and sounds undecided on what to do next! Häcken has offered her a very rich deal to stay from the champions league money they got. Can Skinner sell in Uniteds current project?

We need to recruit quality players that makes us a lock for top 4 and challenging for top 3 without a doubt!

Last edited:

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Really good chance early on for Boe Risa after the cutback from Ladd. Should be 1-0

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Not a bad half from us. A bit scruffy but better than we've been. Hayley Ladd scoring like that kind of suited the scrappy nature of the game - but she deserved it, her return has helped the midfield.

Several shots on target from us, but all relatively straightforward saves. A few balls bouncing round in front of goal as well that we couldn't actually put in.

Brighton still look decent on the break though and will get chances to score.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Boe Risa hours off - played well today, very active, a couple of decent attempts on goal and scored as well.

Leah Galton comes on. Would be nice to see her take advantage of Brighton's need to attack.

Still United lead 2-0

kundalini

I watched all the 2nd half and most of our shots in the first half. Boe Risa had a ridiculous number of chances to score, finally got her goal from a super cross from Alessia Russo. Zelem seemed to play a lot better than she has done in recent matches. The packed United midfield dominated the match to a surprising extent. Some decent saves from the Brighton keeper but also some poor finishing from United players. Mary Earps did well taking crosses and making saves on the few occasions she was tested.

Millie Turner wasn't that convincing but managed to avoid making the type of spectacular blunder we've seen so often from Thorisdottir.