WSL 21/22 | Everton v United | Sun 14 Nov 12:30 - Live on Sky

Lightbringer

Groenen still injured, Boe Risa gets a start! Huge game, need to win!

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
There you are, I was afraid there would be no game thread :D
Absolutely right. I've been slow this past couple of weeks so it's good that someone else has picked it up each time.

The match is live on Sky Sports PL and Sky Showcase.

In most countries it's free to view on FAPlayer, though you need to register.
https://faplayer.thefa.com/ or on the FAPlayer app.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Nice counter, lovely goal from Toone.

sebsheep

Lost our way a bit when we have the ball, lots of sloppy passing.

sebsheep

Not entirely sure who Zelem played that ball for :lol:

sebsheep

Calamity :lol:
Right after they'd shown Earps's clean sheet stats.
1-1.

croadyman

Doesn't feel like we are scoring enough and the past two games have shown we aren't capable of defending a narrow lead, these last 4 dropped points could prove to be very crucial when City find their top form again

Lightbringer

Not sure. I reckon she was still in the act of collecting it when the Everton player came through.
What are the rules? If Earps has both hands on the ball on the ground is it a fould to kick it? From the replay shown like 2-3 minutes after she has both hands on the ball, but she has not lifted it up yet. My feeling is that if that happened to De Gea at Old Trafford they play would have been a Utd free kick 9 times out of 10.

Lightbringer

Doesn't feel like we are scoring enough and the past two games have shown we aren't capable of defending a narrow lead, these last 4 dropped points could prove to be very crucial when City find their top form again
Well, I am a pessimistic fan, but I think last games goal for Tottenham was just a fluke. I mean a free kick that bounced and launched perfectly in the top corner by luck. Would not happen again if they tried 100 000 times. And today Thorisdotter made a huge individual error, just keep blocking the Everton player until Earps has the ball covered.

And both games we had a huge chance denied after the equaliser, last time Russo and this time Toone. We are unlucky to not get 3 points in any of the games.

But yes, we are not good enough all in all, but a shame to almost bag the points and then lose out.

kundalini

Earps - terrible blunder for Everton's goal just after getting treatment, otherwise good, punched one dangerous cross, claimed a few that were straight to her and came for over-hit through-balls

Battle - her best performance this season, created big chance for Thomas and several other crosses, some fierce tackles too.
Blundell - a mix of good and bad, nice pass out of defence in the build-up to our goal but poor passes straight to Everton players at other times
Mannion - generally ok, almost got herself in trouble a couple of times but just about got out of it in time. Unable to get her flick from Thomas' header on target.
Thorisdottir - didn't help Earps for Everton's goal given it was so soon after Earps had had treatment, a few nice passes out of defence, almost conceded an own goal when cutting out a cross

Zelem - poor throughout, rubbish free-kicks, regularly outmuscled in midfield, through-balls to no-one, amazed she avoided being substituted
Boe Risa - looked good relative to Zelem, composed in possession, though I didn't notice her do anything that special.
Toone - super goal, almost got a 2nd late on when her decent left-foot shot forced a good save

Russo - started well, nice pass to Thomas in the build-up to our goal, not involved much in the 2nd half apart from a shot from distance that was blocked
Galton - what has happened to Leah this season ? Crosses out of play, unable to retain possession.
Thomas - assist for Toone's goal, did well for her near post header from a corner, hopeless at holding up the ball, at best she won a free-kick, wasted chance set-up by Ona Batlle.

Subs:

Staniforth - barely noticed her apart from a rubbish shot off-target after Ella's cross was cut-out
Hanson - a couple of runs that ended with unconvincing crosses or passes that were easily cut-out

Manager - I didn't rate him when he was appointed and nothing that has happened since has made me change my mind. He's not a leader, he's someone who talks far too much. Alessia Russo is our biggest attacking threat, so why is she playing out on the right wing so we can accommodate Hayley Thomas ?

Last edited: