WSL 21/22 | United v Leicester - 12:00 Sat 5 March

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Our recent run has seen us drop back to 4th place, 2 points ahead of City, but 2 points behind Spurs (who are third behind Arsenal and Chelsea). With City hitting form, Spurs already ahead of us, that chance of third place and a CL spot looks like it's slipping away. A win against Leicester would at least keep us on track - they're second from bottom of the table but have been on good form recently and they beat us on penalties when we played them in the WSLCup, so it's no walkover.

On the injury front - looks like there's no real change this week. Ladd, Mannion, Staniforth are all still out, Jade Moore isn't ready yet.

No update on Millie Turner, but it looks like she had a good Pancake Day :D

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Time to get our challenge for 3rd place back on track! I'm not really concerned about Spurs. They still have 4 league fixtures to play against the big 3, so they're bound to drop points (although any points they can take against City next week would be more than welcome). I still think it's between us and City for 3rd place.

For us, realistically we have to win all of our next 7 games before we face Chelsea at the end of the season to give ourselves the best chance of getting 3rd, but I think that's achievable. All of the teams are below us in the league and our form was very good against the lower sides in the league before the games last month. Leicester are 2nd from bottom but are looking relatively safe from relegation, so on paper this should be the ideal fixture to get our confidence and winning form back. In particular, I'm looking forward to seeing what Bruun can really do for us, as we haven't seen what she's capable of in her first few games for us.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Is it possible for someone to post the goals. I cannot get on the F.A. Player. I am trying to create an account and it is not loading.

Lightbringer

Small reminder, if we draw Chelsea in the last match and win the rest, it will be goal difference against City, so better get some goals in!

croadyman

Job done which is all that matters, can't afford one slip up cos can see City being near perfect

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Spurs drew against Reading today so United basically ahead of them on gd. City vs spurs next week and United need spurs to probably get something from the game