WSL 22/23 | Brighton v United 11:30 Sat 1 April

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee

Grim kickoff time for anyone thinking about traveling down from Manchester for the match, but there you go - TV make that kind of demand.

I know I sound like a stuck record on this, but this is another must win for us. Any points dropped and top three will start to slip away from us.

Match is live on Sky and available in some countries free to view on FAPlayer.

SuperScoot

Interresting he's gone with an extra central midfielder then in Boe Risa, rather than a wide attacker like Parris or Garcia.

He must think he can get some joy through the middle of the pitch against Brighton, hope it works - could be viewed as slightly negative considering we need to win.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Interresting he's gone with an extra central midfielder then in Boe Risa, rather than a wide attacker like Parris or Garcia.

He must think he can get some joy through the middle of the pitch against Brighton, hope it works - could be viewed as slightly negative considering we need to win.
Perhaps they want to try Toone in a wide position and based on form and suitability Bøe Risa is the natural choice to play behind Russo.

SuperScoot

Perhaps they want to try Toone in a wide position and based on form and suitability Bøe Risa is the natural choice to play behind Russo.
Possibly so yes, I always think Toone is best on the half turn as a 10.

Boe Risa is a very good player, we need goals though today to keep the GD up vs our rivals.

Hopefully by dominating the midfield the goals will come.

top1whoisman

Scout
Possibly so yes, I always think Toone is best on the half turn as a 10.

Boe Risa is a very good player, we need goals though today to keep the GD up vs our rivals.

Hopefully by dominating the midfield the goals will come.
It might also be something they've seen in the Brighton team that they can get at. I don't see this as a "defensive" move and I'm pretty sure we're not going to score less because of this change. And now there's three quality wingers on the bench to change the game if need be.

And yeah I agree that's Tooney's best position but she's been off the boil a bit lately so maybe this is the way to get her more involved.

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Scout
Bøe Risa making good late runs to the box. Would be ace to get a second before HT.

top1whoisman

Scout
A decent half, I'd say. Very good in counter press but at the same time that seemed to be the only way to get any momentum. Like @jojojo said our slow build-up doesn't lead to anything really. We've tried a few long balls behind the line, a bit more quality in those and we'll get the chance or two to put this to bed. Especially on that pitch I'd go a bit more direct. If nothing else at least it'll make Brighton a bit wary and maybe open up some space in the midfield.

top1whoisman

Scout
Batlle is an amazing footballer. She’s got everything a modern fullback needs.

Leeeeeeahhh!!

Eric_the_Red99

Couple more here would be useful
Yes, we’ve already got a healthy GD cushion over City and Chelsea, but it would be good to get well ahead of Arsenal too. GD could make all the difference, it’s so close at the top. Brighton have the worst defence in the league too so this is an opportunity.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Would be something if we could win the league this season.