WSL 22/23 | Chelsea v United - 12:30 Sun 12 March

Unlikely lad

Unsure if Battle is being pinned back or if she has been instructed to stay back, but she’s a huge miss to our build up play.

PoTMS

Sam Kerr and Lauren James could play men's football at a high level, no problem.

spiriticon

fecking long ball Chelsea.

Also can someone not man mark Sam Kerr? Every game she does this.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Infuriatingly good player.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Toone looked like she was caught in two minds as to whether to shoot or cross then. Good opportunity

RORY65

What sort of money do the women get?
The last set of published accounts indicated that the average first team player/coach was on about £50k a year (i.e. about what De Gea earns in a day). They're on significantly less than their equivalents at Chelsea, Arsenal and City, hence why they're struggling to agree new deals for the likes of Russo and Batlle.

RyRy11

Two blatant pens within minutes of each other not given

Ole'sgunnarwin

Haha. I've never seen two clearer penalties in my life. That ref is a disgrace and the assistant looking straight at it.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The last set of published accounts indicated that the average first team player/coach was on about £50k a year (i.e. about what De Gea earns in a day). They're on significantly less than their equivalents at Chelsea, Arsenal and City, hence why they're struggling to agree new deals for the likes of Russo and Batlle.
Let's hope with the new owners they will be offered competitive rates

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
All us at the moment - I hope we setup to stop Kerr on the break while this is going on!
It's been better than we've showed previously against this lot. But yeah it is naive to play a high line when we're not pressing the passer. Disappointed if we don't grab a draw at least. Chelsea's nothing special today.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
70% possession for us according to the commentary. But Chelsea (Kerr) could have scored three.

Good half from us - frustrating to be going in a goal down, but we've not really been getting good chances despite good positional play and prossession. Work to do, but doable.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Was a clear pen on Ona, the other one not so much

Not played that well in general with poor passing and naive defending to let Kerr in 3 times

Improved towards the end of the half at least

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I didn't think they were penalties, to be honest.

croadyman

Was a clear pen on Ona, the other one not so much

Not played that well in general with poor passing and naive defending to let Kerr in 3 times

Improved towards the end of the half at least
Frustrating when they are missing 3 key players in Reiten,Harder,Kirby along with the likes of Cuthbert and Ji too.

Has Skinner missed a trick in not playing Cascarino who will be used to big games at PSG. Typical that it's the ex Utd player who made the long pass for goal too.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I didn't think they were penalties, to be honest.
Parris was certainly caught on the leg, with VAR that could have been given, Battle was two players going for the ball, but in men's football that also could have been given as the Chelsea player could have been deemed reckless, and certainly on a VAR review may well have been given.
Quite impressed with United after the goal, just have to keep switched on at the back and watch Kerr's runs in behind, that appears to be their only attacking weapon. We're certainly playing the better football, just have to take a couple of the chances we'll definitely create second half.

arnie_ni

Are we being tight or are they just not as good?

I'm not sure why you're comparing their salaries to de gea though. That's irrelevant

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
BBC still having GL issues - no presenters of pundits. Cracking Chelsea goal, have to admit