WSL 22/23 | Spurs v United - 12:00 Sun 12 Feb

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Didn't look like Toone touched her face there.

Andersons Dietician

Toonamerio, barely touched her, just a shove but still doesn’t look good and no need for it. Side note what the feck was Le Tis doing for the goal? Looked like she was bending down to pick something up and the England was off. Gave her a massive head start.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A yellow for sure but straight red?
This is the issue with only 2 cards in football. The crime sometimes doesn't fit the punishment.

There needs to be an orange card, which is yellow + a 5/10 min sin bin.

What she did was a silly reaction and gave her a push, but the opposition girl held her face and milked it.

I hate seeing red cards in football unless it's for a really big reason. Yellow + sin bin would have been the right approach.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Didn't look like Toone touched her face there.
I think you're in trouble any time it looks like you're deliberately going after a player who is already on their way the floor and hands anywhere near the face in that situation is asking for a red. Unfortunate, and not really as bad as it looked, but not much room for an appeal.

Lightbringer

UPDATES PLEASE ! I cant watch and I am in shambles here! How many seconds left now?

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think you're in trouble any time it looks like you're deliberately going after a player who is already on their way the floor and hands anywhere near the face in that situation is asking for a red. Unfortunate, and not really as bad as it looked, but not much room for an appeal.
There should room for appeal, you're never getting more than a yellow for pushing someone on the shoulder like that. I think the ref has been conned into thinking Toone pushed her in the face so I can see why she gave the red.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Having a look at the schedule and I don’t get why Chelsea Vs United is not at Stamford Bridge

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Does Toone even touch her face :lol: she is just shoving her off her as the spurs lass is stopping her getting up.

BBC text foaming sayings it's the easiest red ever, absolute clowns.

Last edited:

thedano

I was there today and was quite disappointed in Tottenham, set up 7-2-1 and had no interest in trying to win the game, yes they got a goal out of nothing but never threatened other than that. Would be interested in a Tottenham fans assessment. Why move the game to your big new shiny stadium and go for a 0-0, surely you go for it. Don’t think many new young Tottenham fans were made today.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I was there today and was quite disappointed in Tottenham, set up 7-2-1 and had no interest in trying to win the game, yes they got a goal out of nothing but never threatened other than that. Would be interested in a Tottenham fans assessment. Why move the game to your big new shiny stadium and go for a 0-0, surely you go for it. Don’t think many new young Tottenham fans were made today.
I agree but they are only 3 points from bottom and have not drawn or won a league game in 4 months so can understand

croadyman

Important win,that last day of season could be tasty if 3 of us are still in with chance of title

slyadams

She should not be doing that, its silly and you run a big risk of getting sent off. But in reality, how is the push there different to two players coming together and pushing each other away, the sort of thing that happens in every game. I don't know if a push in the shoulder like that qualified as violent?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Pointless appealing that - bit harsh but she has clearly lashed out, it won't be overturned

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Was at the match and there was a decent United turnout - first time I've been in an official away end at a Women's game

Mostly family atmosphere with loads of kids as usual but there was a small bunch towards the back singing for most of the game

I think a lot of tickets were paid for and not used due to the rearrangement which is a shame

Millie Turner was looking for someone in the crowd at the end and then came over to give someone a hug (possibly her dad?)