WSL 22/23 | United v Everton - 12:00 on Sun 5 Feb

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Everton are currently in fifth with a record of P11 W6 D0 L5. We know they're capable of beating us, but not if we play well.

WSL top 4 currently:
United P11 Pts28 - GD25
Chelsea P11 Pts28 - GD23
City P12 Pts26 - GD14
Arsenal P10 Pts25 - GD20

Lightbringer

Arsenal 4th, I wish it could stay that way :D

Its just insane how important each game is for us. I mean, every is so valuable!

Unlikely lad

Everton can't play through our press at the moment but we're struggling to put the ball in the net

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Frustrating half. Everton are no mugs but we have been on top in terms of possession and we've spent a fair bit of time in the final third. Need a bit of inspiration and a bit of calm finishing now.

If Everton get the first goal, they're going to be really hard to break down.

Darkhorsez

Frustrating to watch this. Utd should be up by 4. So wasteful in the final third.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Poor finishing was the difference in the end. Russo, Garcia, Galton, Blundell, Ladd and Toone all had great chances to score but there was some woeful finishing in the end. We're still in a good spot in the league but dropping points in this league is always significant, so hopefully it doesn't become a habit in the second half of the season.

RORY65

They obviously should have won given the number of chances created but the whole midfield looked gone physically with 20 minutes to go. The problem is Skinner won't rotate at any stage so players get tired but he has no idea what the backups (most of whom he brought in) can do so he doesn't bring them on either, his only move is to just switch whoever is on the right wing and then to randomly throw on attacking players (we only made 2 subs today in a game we needed to be winning). They've let City back in now when given the fixtures next week they could have put themselves clear in the top 3.

croadyman

Feel we need to beat Chelsea now,hopefully City & Arsenal draw next weekend

croadyman

They obviously should have won given the number of chances created but the whole midfield looked gone physically with 20 minutes to go. The problem is Skinner won't rotate at any stage so players get tired but he has no idea what the backups (most of whom he brought in) can do so he doesn't bring them on either, his only move is to just switch whoever is on the right wing and then to randomly throw on attacking players (we only made 2 subs today in a game we needed to be winning). They've let City back in now when given the fixtures next week they could have put themselves clear in the top 3.
Should Thomas have come on too?

RORY65

Should Thomas have come on too?
That's usually his 1st go-to move, her on for whoever is on the right after an hour then sit back and relax for 20 minutes. I thought the whole midfield looked knackered the longer the game went on and bringing on Boe Risa or Cascarino may have brought some energy back, we applied significantly less pressure in the last 20 minutes than we had in the 25 before. I just don't think it's very good management to bring loads of players in and then not ever play them and to have no intention of taking players off regardless of how they play or how they are physically.

croadyman

That's usually his 1st go-to move, her on for whoever is on the right after an hour then sit back and relax for 20 minutes. I thought the whole midfield looked knackered the longer the game went on and bringing on Boe Risa or Cascarino may have brought some energy back, we applied significantly less pressure in the last 20 minutes than we had in the 25 before. I just don't think it's very good management to bring loads of players in and then not ever play them and to have no intention of taking players off regardless of how they play or how they are physically.
Yeah Cascarino with her experience makes sense,now gonna have to win games against the top 3 rather than draw them.

City have piled it on and now have to respond because top 3 is a must to keep Batlle & Russo.

Chelsea also fully punished our result and it's that ruthlessness which seperates us from them & Arsenal

Last edited:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Gutted to drop points here - I knew Everton wouldn't be a pushover but should have enough firepower to beat them

Lightbringer

Good lord. I feel asleep for 4 hours and missed the game, and I woke up with having a nightmare of Everton leading 2-5 with 10 minutes left and this was perhaps not much better. This is going to be an absolute nail biter now. If we finish 4th our whole project could collapse pretty much :-/