WSL 23/24 | chat - but mostly United miscellaneous

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I fear that I manifested this.

Kind of flies in the face of the "best in class" mantra.

I guess we will have to see what else is done to positively help the women's team and the club as a whole but this is a very strange and quite disappointing step.
Unfortunately there's been little other than the mildest of lip service on the women's team front, so far their actions have said "we'll think about this some other time."

croadyman

Kind of flies in the face of the "best in class" mantra.

I guess we will have to see what else is done to positively help the women's team and the club as a whole but this is a very strange and quite disappointing step.
Yeah especially when you look at who Chelsea are appointing,also fear it will show a real lack of ambition to our current players too

Lightbringer

I just watched Barcelona-Chelsea and Ramirez outrunning newly subbed Barcelona players in minute 75 like it was a cake walk.

Has Ramirez a DNA advantage or something? She looks kind of like a man, and she runs and plays like a man!

I dont want to be disrespectful, but I think the question needs to be asked.

I literally said in the FA-cup semi-final that Ramirez looked like a women playing against girls teams in terms of physical ability!

When I see her play, I ask the question, how can you actually beat that someone thats so much stronger and faster?

How is it possible when all athletes at the top are totally fit that the difference is that huge?

Last edited:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I just watched Barcelona-Chelsea and Ramirez outrunning newly subbed Barcelona players in minute 75 like it was a cake walk.

Has Ramirez a DNA advantage or something? She looks kind of like a man, and she runs and plays like a man!

I dont want to be disrespectful, but I think the question needs to be asked.

I literally said in the FA-cup semi-final that Ramirez looked like a women playing against girls teams in terms of physical ability!

When I see her play, I ask the question, how can you actually beat that someone thats so much stronger and faster?

How is it possible when all athletes at the top are totally fit that the difference is that huge?
:lol: kin ell dude.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
That's a hell of a leap. I think she's just a big woman who knows how to use her physical advantages. I admit I was quite pleased to see her going straight through the Barca players having done the same to ours, it made me feel better about the team.

Fortunately we had Maya (dark arts) le Tissier playing for us :D

Lightbringer

That's a hell of a leap. I think she's just a big woman who knows how to use her physical advantages. I admit I was quite pleased to see her going straight through the Barca players having done the same to ours, it made me feel better about the team.

Fortunately we had Maya (dark arts) le Tissier playing for us :D
I just think when I see the most physical stand out player I ever saw in the womens game while also looking the least female, at least to me it makes me ask questions, not whether she is a women, but if she could have something else going for her like for example Caster Semenya. I get that it can rub some feathers the wrong way and I respect that!

Yeah I have seen alot of outrage online that Maya was not booked or sent off for her "body check" on Ramirez!

I think I have to re-watch the game because my heart was racing so much I was almost dizzy :D

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I just think when I see the most physical stand out player I ever saw in the womens game while also looking the least female, at least to me it makes me ask questions, not whether she is a women, but if she could have something else going for her like for example Caster Semenya. I get that it can rub some feathers the wrong way and I respect that!

Yeah I have seen alot of outrage online that Maya was not booked or sent off for her "body check" on Ramirez!

I think I have to re-watch the game because my heart was racing so much I was almost dizzy :D
Is there some kind of a universal scale about who looks the most female and who the least? Every single woman looks different, doesn’t make anyone looking any less female than someone else. In my opinion.

AmarilloMike

Hello everyone, I'm a season ticket holder and going to my first away game against Leicester on Sunday. Is there a pub that United fans typically meet up at?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Hello everyone, I'm a season ticket holder and going to my first away game against Leicester on Sunday. Is there a pub that United fans typically meet up at?
I imagine there is nothing typical about such things seeing as Away followings for Women's matches is a new thing

Maybe message the MUWSC, they are probably your best bet

Grande

Then what gender does Adama Traore look like?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I imagine there is nothing typical about such things seeing as Away followings for Women's matches is a new thing

Maybe message the MUWSC, they are probably your best bet
Agreed, they've also got a linked group that organise travel to away matches and to LSV. They're the ones most likely to know.

You can find them at:
https://twitter.com/MUW_SC