WSL 23/24 | Leicester v United - 3pm Sun 28 April

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Leicester are currently sitting in tenth place but have been sitting safely clear of relegation risk all season. They came very close to being our opponents in the WFA Cup final but lost to a Martha Thomas goal in the final minutes of extra time.

United's record against Leicester W6 D3 L1
We drew our WSL home match with them in October and won a WSL Cup group stage match against them in December.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
What the table looks like as we go into our last three WSL matches. Basically, we're fighting for fourth. Our remaining matches are this one against Leicester, Liverpool away (5 May) and then Chelsea at OT (18 May)

The WFA Cup final is on the 12th May

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Miyazawa on for Toone and Geyse starting, interesting.

Last edited:

Eric_the_Red99

"Large Manchester United following down from the North East" :D
I know the FA Player commentators are basically work experience kids, but that made me laugh. At least he knows the players' names, even if he's pronouncing them wrong :lol:

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
A bit scrappy so far, a few half chances before that Galton one that drew a great save from their keeper.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Still goalless at HT but it's not obvious how. Leicester's keeper is playing well and their defenders are moving quickly to block shots but still...

Nice seeing Hinata Miyazawa in action. For a player who's scarcely played since the WC she's looking good. Good to give her get the chance to shake some of the first off!

Ubik

I think if our forwards were in sharper form they were more than half chances. Though I'll admit no one's missed a sitter today.
Fair, we've got into good positions.

Eric_the_Red99

We should be well ahead. Their goalkeeper has been good but our forwards have been so wasteful. Our attacking players on the bench, like Toone, Garcia and Parris, will probably be the happiest with this performance so far.

Ubik

Can't hit it better than that!

Eric_the_Red99

United quite lucky to come away with a win from that. Leicester played very well for 100+ minutes and probably deserved at least a draw - I’m stumped as to why they’re so low down the league when they can play like that.

Ubik

United quite lucky to come away with a win from that. Leicester played very well for 100+ minutes and probably deserved at least a draw - I’m stumped as to why they’re so low down the league when they can play like that.
It's really much of a muchness in the table between Villa in 7th and Leicester in 10th, 4 point difference across 20 games with goal-differences basically the same. They definitely aren't pushovers like some of the lower sides used to be, but we also weren't really fully firing.

I think on the balance of the game we merited the win, but far from vintage as a game. Hopefully we can find a little more form against Liverpool in preparation for the cup final and take control of that 4th spot. It's a shame that a win in the Old Trafford game against Chelsea would likely hand the title to City...

FlexoRodriguez

Ella's goal - Oh how I would love to see this happen in front of the Utd end in Wembley!
I liked Geyse and Mallard starting, I think Geyse did well, forced a couple of good saves. Leah has looked really bright after her absence for what feels like most of the season too.

AmarilloMike

Leicester City have reported that the attendance of 6261 was a record home attendance for them. Great work from the travelling Reds (of which I was delighted to be a part!)

Reactions: Solius