g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

WSL 23/24 | Liverpool v United - 2pm on Sun 5 May

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Our last WSL away of the season and what should be Liverpool's last match at Prenton Park (they're moving to St Helen's next season)

They're level on points with us at the moment but have a better record against the rest of the top five than we do. United's head to head with them P10 W8 D0 L2.

They beat us 2-1 at LSV this season and we beat them 1-0 in the WSL Cup. WFA Cup final next week so maybe a last chance to test the fitness of some of our players and the best position/combinations for others?

Jayde Rivière is training again so maybe we'll see her on the bench?

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Liverpool were absolutely magnificent on Wednesday. They gave everything and the effort was brilliant. Felt like they had prepared very well on how to play against Chelsea.

Kind of wanted it to be a draw where Chelsea equalised late so both teams would’ve been disappointed.

So they may be tired but probably gathered a lot of good momentum from that game.

Still I’m expecting us to take the game to them from the first whistle and hopefully expose some tired legs in their squad. We’ve had the whole week to prepare so as long as the players don’t have the cup final in the back of their heads I’m confident we’ll win and secure the fourth spot.

Last edited:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
That is a mega bench now - everyone playing for their cup final spots, definitely places upfront for grabs

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Liverpool manager Matt Beard gets a red card presumably for something he said to one of the officials. It follows a Liverpool player getting (fairly) knocked into the advertising hoardings - she seems to be back on her feet now, so hopefully not too serious.

Going to be a lot of time added this half.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Oof, bad miss for Toone.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Thats what I figured. They have done extremely well this season with that mind, very impressive!
They have, absolutely. That being said it was a huge disappointment for them to be relegated in the first place. It’s a huge club with a huge fan base.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Thats what I figured. They have done extremely well this season with that mind, very impressive!
They were WSL regulars before their relegation - only down for a season so back up in 2022. Lots of organisational and management disruption behind the scenes but back in business now. They didn't really keep pace as the women's game became more professional.

Their last WSL ( actually Women's Premier League at the time) trophy was back in 2014.

Ubik

They were WSL regulars before their relegation - only down for a season so back up in 2022. Lots of organisational and management disruption behind the scenes but back in business now. They didn't really keep pace as the women's game became more professional.

Their last WSL ( actually Women's Premier League at the time) trophy was back in 2014.
They were down for a couple of seasons I think, weren't that impressive when they came up either. Bit of a worry for next season really.

Riviere back which is good, and Skinner also makes the most predictable change up front.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
They were down for a couple of seasons I think, weren't that impressive when they came up either. Bit of a worry for next season really.

Riviere back which is good, and Skinner also makes the most predictable change up front.
You're quite right. My brain must have managed to merge them into the "COVID hangover seasons" :D

Ubik

What an awful league season this has been.

whitbyviking

Think we need a managerial change. Just doesn’t seem to inspire anything from the squad

Grande

Think we need a managerial change. Just doesn’t seem to inspire anything from the squad
Seeing players like Miyazawa, Guerrero, Malard and Geyse sitting on the bench wouldn’t be so condemning if the players on the pitch were winning, or even were playing well looking at all able to win. It seems transfer windows are wasted on this coach.

Lightbringer

Seeing players like Miyazawa, Guerrero, Malard and Geyse sitting on the bench wouldn’t be so condemning if the players on the pitch were winning, or even were playing well looking at all able to win. It seems transfer windows are wasted on this coach.
Tbh I dont know much about Guerroros capacity as she never features on the pitch :D But I definitely dont agree with playing Zelem 100 minutes game in and game out, why not rotate it a bit and keep Zelem fresh and also have some fresh legs on?

Ubik

Tbh I dont know much about Guerroros capacity as she never features on the pitch :D But I definitely dont agree with playing Zelem 100 minutes game in and game out, why not rotate it a bit and keep Zelem fresh and also have some fresh legs on?
She doesn't know how to play as a central midfielder, apparently.

whitbyviking

We lost a couple of our biggest players, but we also signed some high level replacements and squad additions. Would people honestly look at our squad vs Liverpool’s and think they should be finishing above us, which they will now. Something isn’t right, and that feeling is exacerbated by the manager’s head-scratching team selections and substitutions

StretfordEnd78

Very uninspiring performance. They seem stuck in a rut. No real forward momentum. We took 6 points from Liverpool last season, 6 from Arsenal and 4 from City. 16 points. Only one point this year and so many more goals conceded. We've gone from title challengers to a mid table side unable to challenge for a top 3 spot. Should be alarming to the hierarchy. Next Sunday is hugely significant.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Awful form to be taking into a cup final - thankfully Spurs don't seem to be in sparkling form either