WSL 23/24 | Spurs v United - 6:45 on Sun 10 Dec

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
International break over and we've got another Sunday evening kickoff for the Sky TV slot.

Hinata Miyazawa had to be helped off the pitch in Japan's game against Brazil. I haven't seen an update on her injury but I'm assuming she won't be there on Sunday.

Hopefully we'll get at least an injury update from Marc Skinner tomorrow.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Hinata Miyazawa - injury still being assessed but she's out at least until the new year. I must admit I always fear the worst when I hear that kind of description. Hopefully she really will be back in the new year.

Irene Guerrero has started training again but isn't expected to be available until the new year. I haven't seen an update but I think the same is probably true of Aoife Mannion as well.

Emma Watson, Gabby George and Jess Simpson are all out (probably for the rest of the season) with ACL injuries.

Demon Barber

Thanks for the updates. We do have greater depth this year, which is one good thing. Ladd will naturally slot back in. I hope your projections for Guerrero and Mannion are true as well.

Demon Barber

I do not have Sky, so cannot watch the match, which is annoying. I'm listening to the commentary and it sounds like we are second best so far.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Turned the game on literally seconds after Malard scored.

Demon Barber

Sounds like we edged the first half. Thomas and England are always going to be a threat. We need that second goal.

Chippa62

I do not think we have played that badly, Spurs have sat back and defended trying to hit on the break. It is just a case of breaking them down.
How biased is the Sky punditry though? It was all how well Spurs had played with one defensive error and how United are not playing well at all.

Reactions: jojojo

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
I do not think we have played that badly, Spurs have sat back and defended trying to hit on the break. It is just a case of breaking them down.
How biased is the Sky punditry though? It was all how well Spurs had played with one defensive error and how United are not playing well at all.
Most of the sky pundits played for London clubs and a fair number of them are fans of those clubs as well. United still carry a bit of that "new kids" stigma too. We need some silverware...

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Bringing on Geyse and Garcia whilst 3-0 up is a piss-take. :lol:

Demon Barber

Stat on the BBC feed - Maya le Tissier =105 passes. Millie Turner = 97 passes. That is insane.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
0-4 at FT. Solid win.

A lot of possession without much inspiration in the first half but we got steadily better after we got the first goal. Of course that goal put pressure on Spurs to do more than just stay compact and hope to get something on the break, so it wasn't all about us changing.

Nice collection of goals as well.

Vanrouge

0-4 at FT. Solid win.

A lot of possession without much inspiration in the first half but we got steadily better after we got the first goal. Of course that goal put pressure on Spurs to do more than just stay compact and hope to get something on the break, so it wasn't all about us changing.

Nice collection of goals as well.
Hard to pic a favourite. Toone's if I'm forced to choose, although Ladd's was eye-catching too. Four very different and enjoyable goals.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Solid win - pretty average first half but professional job to kill them off second half

Toone getting back to form is vital for the whole team

Scouse Men/Women double header next Sunday

StretfordEnd78

We've missed Hayley Ladd she just gets it.
Toone great in that role.
Mallard signing a must.