WSL 23/24 | United v Spurs - 12:00 Sun 22 Apr

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Williams and Garcia on for Malard and Parris. (Jojojo is right again)

Grande

Looking at the bench with our three star summer signings, Irene Guerrero, Himata Miyazawa and Geyse. Cooperation between recruitment and coach seem nonexistent.

Ubik

Spurs offering absolutely nothing this half. We're creating a bit more through Garcia now. And Toone comes off for Hinata, Galton off for Geyse.

Ubik

Geyse is so close to being a great player.

Ubik

Relief not to give Spurs the mental boost of their first win over us before the final, but a pretty big wake up call for the defence in particular. Thankfully the dropped points mean nothing outside of our slightly depressing goal of finishing ahead of Liverpool.

The frustration is that it feels so much like a confidence issue. She's such a lovely player to watch on the ball.
Yeah I think that's true, unfortunately just doesn't seem to be enjoying herself.

Demon Barber

I'll give Skinner some credit here - we have been calling for some rotation and got some. I'd have liked to have seen more, but hey ho.

I'm also pretty sure that his team instructions were not "go out there and play badly."

Pleased for Maya.

FlexoRodriguez

I'll give Skinner some credit here - we have been calling for some rotation and got some. I'd have liked to have seen more, but hey ho.

I'm also pretty sure that his team instructions were not "go out there and play badly."

Pleased for Maya.
Yes, to be fair he did try something different to start with. We started OK, but were sloppy for both goals - the first goal not making sure the ball was going out of play was a bit of a slow motion mess up.
I really like it when Geyse comes on, she has the energy and skill to just drive at players, and they don't like it. She also drags opposition players over to her, often has two or three around her, opening up space for others. She wins free kicks, more often than not gets a cross or pass in too. However, it is usually only in the last 15/20 minutes. Could she sustain that energy for 90? or even 70? I don't know, but I'm sure plenty would like to find out. Is Wembley wider than Leigh? I was in the gods for last years final and honestly have no idea on the size! If it is, that could only surely help her.

Demon Barber

Yes, to be fair he did try something different to start with. We started OK, but were sloppy for both goals - the first goal not making sure the ball was going out of play was a bit of a slow motion mess up.
I really like it when Geyse comes on, she has the energy and skill to just drive at players, and they don't like it. She also drags opposition players over to her, often has two or three around her, opening up space for others. She wins free kicks, more often than not gets a cross or pass in too. However, it is usually only in the last 15/20 minutes. Could she sustain that energy for 90? or even 70? I don't know, but I'm sure plenty would like to find out. Is Wembley wider than Leigh? I was in the gods for last years final and honestly have no idea on the size! If it is, that could only surely help her.
Wembley is significantly wider/larger. I think it was @jojojo wanting both Geyse and Malard to start v Spurs. It may not have worked, but it would have been fun seeing it. Personally, I would have started Ladd, Irene and Miyazawa instead of Zelem, Toone and Naalsund.