WSL 23/24 | West Ham v United - 3pm on Sun 3 March

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
In today's installment of why the FA WSL authorities really get on my nerves - I bring you a match that next to none of us will see. Yes, that's right, we have a 3pm kickoff in London on a day when there's another match kicking off in Manchester at 3:30.

Even with judicious screen juggling it's going to be more about keeping tabs on the score than enjoying the match - whichever match you choose to enjoy. I'm still hoping there will be some United fans at the match, our away support is famous for its willingness to travel, but I admit I won't be one.

West Ham beat Arsenal recently, so don't let their 11 points from 14 games fool you - they are capable of winning.

Jayde Rivière will probably not be back for this game (according to Skinner). Geyse is still away with Brazil. We don't know if anyone got injured/worn out on international duty. Time to freshen up the team? Maybe we'll see Maya le Tissier play at fullback (like with England) and Mannion come in? Maybe we'll even see Irene :smirk:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Ye scheduling nightmare - hopefully something 'New Co' sorts out

Grande

Not a very good scheduling, no. Hope many of our London area fans show up, and whach the derby as a rerun later. It’s a bigger chance of a win, no doubt. Even if West Ham can be a tough cookie on their day.

Demon Barber

I agree that it is poor scheduling etc. There will be a few coaches going down from OT for the diehards.

Is it not available at all on that Ndaz or something? I've never looked at it. Or FA Player?

Le Tissier at full-back is a decent option - better than using Galton there! That still infuriates me.

Garcia, Parris and Galton up top ... Williams with the winner.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
I agree that it is poor scheduling etc. There will be a few coaches going down from OT for the diehards.

Is it not available at all on that Ndaz or something? I've never looked at it. Or FA Player?

Le Tissier at full-back is a decent option - better than using Galton there! That still infuriates me.

Garcia, Parris and Galton up top ... Williams with the winner.
The match is live in the UK and some other countries on FAPlayer.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Thought it must be. Cheers. I forget that many on here are not UK.
I think it's mostly the Scandinavian fans who are geo-locked out of FA Player, but I lose track of which countries. It's basically locked out in countries where a local broadcaster has bought the WSL TV rights from the FA.

I've no idea what will happen next year when the New Co takes over.

Lightbringer

I think it's mostly the Scandinavian fans who are geo-locked out of FA Player, but I lose track of which countries. It's basically locked out in countries where a local broadcaster has bought the WSL TV rights from the FA.
Here it is:

NENT Group acquires top women's football for Viaplay in 9 countries
2021-03-08 08:30
  • Women's Super League rights extended for three years until 2024 in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland and acquired for new markets Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland.
Viaplay will show Women's Super League until 2024 with at least two matches per round.

https://www.viaplaygroup.com/news/n...p-womens-football-viaplay-9-countries-1893687

Hopefully after this season it will be bought by anyone other company that will be benefit fans in these regions :-)

They ge-block all WSL games but only broadcast 2 games per rounds, it should not be legal. The games they are not showing should be free to watch on FA-player! Why would they not be? Its not good for the growth of the game!

Demon Barber

Here it is:

NENT Group acquires top women's football for Viaplay in 9 countries
2021-03-08 08:30
  • Women's Super League rights extended for three years until 2024 in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland and acquired for new markets Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland.
Viaplay will show Women's Super League until 2024 with at least two matches per round.

https://www.viaplaygroup.com/news/n...p-womens-football-viaplay-9-countries-1893687

Hopefully after this season it will be bought by anyone other company that will be benefit fans in these regions :-)

They ge-block all WSL games but only broadcast 2 games per rounds, it should not be legal. The games they are not showing should be free to watch on FA-player! Why would they not be? Its not good for the growth of the game!
It's a curious one that makes no sense whatsoever. The women's game is growing - end of. Encourage it to grow.

I suppose that, down the line, they will be banking on how much can make out of it. In the meantime, support its expansion.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
I prefer Galton at left back over Evans. I would like to see Le Tissier playing full back though now we have Mannion back, but against West Ham it should be fine and Galton will give us more of a threat down the left.

Demon Barber

Looking at that team sheet, who is wide left? Malard? Toone? With Garcia and Evans on the bench it seems quite a strange starting XI

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Arnold makes a great save to deny Williams her second. From the resulting corner, Turner misses a great chance.

It’s been a familiar first half for us, lots of possession but too slow most of the time and we haven’t created much after the first 5 mins until just before Half Time.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Turner is off with an injury. Evans comes on in her place. Hopefully it’s not too bad. Garcia and Naalsund also on for Malard and Ladd.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
West Ham are creating more chances this half but still 1-0. Garcia has been involved a lot since coming on, but in general our passing hasn’t been great this half. Zelem in particular has given the ball away too much.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
1-1. We’ve actually created a few chances in the last 5 minutes but West Ham break and Asseyi curls it over Earps from distance

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Wow… Arnold makes an error in the 6th minute of added time and Williams just has to tap it in. And she misses it!

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Full Time. Another lethargic performance and more points dropped means we’re level on points with Liverpool. Williams should have won it at the end.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Now drawn and lost twice as many league games as we did the whole of last season, with City, Liverpool and Chelsea still to play. 6 fewer goals relative to this time last year, but the real killer has been conceding twice as many.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
A result to make the day even worse - didn't expect much in the other game but did here

It's this kind of result which means Skinner must go

Losses in the big games are a killer but understandable, this is just unacceptable

Lightbringer

Williams was on the few players working her socks off as usual, this game would have been won in everyone fought like her! And she is 36+, this squad does not look promising, and of course Skinner has ran his course!

Scanny

A result to make the day even worse - didn't expect much in the other game but did here

It's this kind of result which means Skinner must go

Losses in the big games are a killer but understandable, this is just unacceptable
Skinner must go this summer for this team to progress.

Demon Barber

Skinner must go this summer for this team to progress.
You would have thought so. However, I have no idea about his contract, and I seriously doubt that the women's team are high on the INEOS agenda.

Scanny

You would have thought so. However, I have no idea about his contract, and I seriously doubt that the women's team are high on the INEOS agenda.
His contract is up for renewal this summer and it makes no sense for United to keep him. Time to move on and refresh.