WSL Cup 23/24 | United v Leicester - 7pm Thurs 14 Dec

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Cup time again and another WSL opponent.

Leicester drew with City in their last WSL cup match and won the penalty shootout. They drew with us at the LSV in October in the WSL. I expect them to show up with a full strength team and a lot of determination.

City - P3 W2 D1 - 7 points
United - P2 W2 - 6 points
Leicester - P2 W1 D1 - 5 points
Liverpool - P3 L3 - 0 points
Everton - P2 L2 - 0 points

FlexoRodriguez

Does anyone know about how I might fare arriving late to LSV? Never happened before, but tonight we might not get there until kick off, or just after.
I'm guessing parking at the stadium will be full, will Pennington Flash be worth a shot?
Also, why is it not 7:45? Don't they know I have work...etc etc!

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Does anyone know about how I might fare arriving late to LSV? Never happened before, but tonight we might not get there until kick off, or just after.
I'm guessing parking at the stadium will be full, will Pennington Flash be worth a shot?
Also, why is it not 7:45? Don't they know I have work...etc etc!
I've more or less given up trying to guess about LSV parking. However... my guess is that onsite parking will be full at 7pm but people will still be leaving the leisure centre etc and you might get lucky if you arrive a bit later. Plus, it's a midweek Cup match, it's not on the season ticket, the grotty weather will put off some of the family groups and the 7pm might put off some of the workers. Do you feel lucky :smirk:

I'm not sure about Pennington Flash. Last time I got there for a winter late afternoon (not even an evening!) match, it had "no matchday parking" signs up and they were warning that the gates would be locked at 5pm - but that was while the new car park was being completed. Officially it now closes at 7:30pm but whether that just means the ticket machines switch off or they actually shut some barriers I don't know.

FlexoRodriguez

I've more or less given up trying to guess about LSV parking. However... my guess is that onsite parking will be full at 7pm but people will still be leaving the leisure centre etc and you might get lucky if you arrive a bit later. Plus, it's a midweek Cup match, it's not on the season ticket, the grotty weather will put off some of the family groups and the 7pm might put off some of the workers. Do you feel lucky :smirk:

I'm not sure about Pennington Flash. Last time I got there for a winter late afternoon (not even an evening!) match, it had "no matchday parking" signs up and they were warning that the gates would be locked at 5pm - but that was while the new car park was being completed. Officially it now closes at 7:30pm but whether that just means the ticket machines switch off or they actually shut some barriers I don't know.
Cheers! We will see what we can sneak in to then - good job we tend to start slow and come out all guns blazing in the second half.
Obviously that means tonight we will score two in the first ten minutes, thank me later...

Demon Barber

Cheers! We will see what we can sneak in to then - good job we tend to start slow and come out all guns blazing in the second half.
Obviously that means tonight we will score two in the first ten minutes, thank me later...
You may be aware of this, but the match is on Thursday, not tonight!

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Only one thankfully for you!

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Huge match that - bit strange to have to wait over a month for it but everything about this competition format is strange

Demon Barber

Another good performance and a good win. I'm confident that we can beat City at the Joie Stadium (tickets £8 - £10)

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Another good performance and a good win. I'm confident that we can beat City at the Joie Stadium (tickets £8 - £10)
Totally missed the fact that the Away tickets went on sale last week, sold out now!

I guess not a major issue to go in the home end

Anyone know which block is the Away End?

Demon Barber

Totally missed the fact that the Away tickets went on sale last week, sold out now!

I guess not a major issue to go in the home end

Anyone know which block is the Away End?
I am guessing from the stadium map that the United allocation is West 6&7. There are still tickets available all over in East and West. I'm in West 2

FlexoRodriguez

Only one thankfully for you!
Yep, parking was a breeze so we got there 20 minutes before kick off. Enough time for a warm pie and a great start. Even the East Lancs crash didn't slow us down too much!