Xavi (Spanish Lego Pep) | Barca manager - and will be next season

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
There is just something about Barca that makes their whinging worse than anyone else’s

Honestly it’s probably their ref-buying history, but it’s like their players just look even more cretinous than any other teams

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
When the team is a Man down and needs to calm down you don't go and do exactly the opposite of what you need to do as their leader.
I think Xavi knows a lot about football but Is not emotionally fit to be our coach. I hope Márquez can do better.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I was going to ask if he should be a candidate for the United job but clearly people here despite him.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Getting used to not having the referee in their pocket...

RoyH1

There is just something about Barca that makes their whinging worse than anyone else’s

Honestly it’s probably their ref-buying history, but it’s like their players just look even more cretinous than any other teams
It the sense of entitlement. They act like they invented football and it owes them something.

Oranges038

Probably because one of the biggest cheats out there on the pitch and off it, they just can't believe a referee would have the balls to give a decision against them.

RoyH1

He is from their academy, so yeah. :smirk:
Fast forward to the 2026 season with Arteta in charge of Barsa and Alonso in Real Madrid. The childhood friends from San Sebastian lording it over Spanish football.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Pretty funny that they'd had a big upturn in results since he announced his resignation, and then this happens.

Blood Mage

Lost a lot of respect for him. The ref got every call correct last night and Barca simply couldn't deal with the speed of PSG's attacks.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
How is he as a manager?
I dont care as much for the touchline stuff. He got heated sure but I've seen top coaches do idiot things by the technical area before.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
How is he as a manager?
I dont care as much for the touchline stuff. He got heated sure but I've seen top coaches do idiot things by the technical area before.
Doesn't seem to be a genius, nor a bad manager. Just good/very good.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
How is he as a manager?
I think he's pretty good actually. Still young too, so he's probably going to get better as well

KeanoMagicHat

It’s never easy when down to 10 men at this level but it feels like he didn’t make sufficient changes to hold on, just felt like they tried to play the same way, but with a man down and PSG picked them off.

With a two goal lead, he probably needed to camp in the box, ball is the enemy unleash Mourinho style.

BarstoolProphet

Looks a decent manager, but seems to lose his marbles completely too often, which gives me late Mourinho vibes.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
It’s never easy when down to 10 men at this level but it feels like he didn’t make sufficient changes to hold on, just felt like they tried to play the same way, but with a man down and PSG picked them off.

With a two goal lead, he probably needed to camp in the box, ball is the enemy unleash Mourinho style.
They didn't have the personnel to camp in the box, and it wouldn't have mattered anyways. PSG with that pace were always winning

Xavi not popular then?
People hate him because of his idealist views on football. It's weird but funny :D

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
People hate him because of his idealist views on football. It's weird but funny :D
There is just a very mockable contrast between his views of football as a player and the actual football that Barcelona play under him.