Xavi (Spanish Lego Pep) | Barca manager - and will be next season

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
"We don't understand the way we want to play football. It's strange that there are Barça players who don't understand positional play. This is about winning and we are eighth in the standings, we have to be positive and brave. Press up front, press after losing, attack spaces... this is what we want". - Xavi
Aleady running cover my arse schemes, I see. Just another Pirlo...

NoLogo

"We don't understand the way we want to play football. It's strange that there are Barça players who don't understand positional play. This is about winning and we are eighth in the standings, we have to be positive and brave. Press up front, press after losing, attack spaces... this is what we want". - Xavi
Well at least he realizes what his players are doing wrong, so definitely not Ole. ;)

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Ah chucking his players under the bus already. Textbook Mourinho.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
F. Torres and Cavani would be very good options.
Barcelona will have to be alert to players who end up contract, such as ajax's RB or Azpilicueta and gradually compensate the team.
The ideal would be players of the Spanish national team. With L. Enrique already has an identity and there are quite a few important Barcelona players.

_____________ T. Stegen
_ Azpilucueta__Araujo_E. García_Alba
____ Pedri _Busquets/Nico _ Gavi
____ F.Torres__Cavani____ Fati

It wouldn't be a bad start
That team would be a great transition team for 1-2 seasons, stabilize things and also, Fati, Torres, Nico, Gavi, Araujo and Garcia will gain experience and grow into a solid core and then you would hope the finances would be then stable enough to allow Barca to then go out and buy a world class spine, a top class No9, and top class midfielder too and another top CB. It's not as bleak as some make it out to be, it will take time but the solutions are there to see, it's whether Laporta can make it happen that remains to be seen.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
That team would be a great transition team for 1-2 seasons, stabilize things and also, Fati, Torres, Nico, Gavi, Araujo and Garcia will gain experience and grow into a solid core and then you would hope the finances would be then stable enough to allow Barca to then go out and buy a world class spine, a top class No9, and top class midfielder too and another top CB. It's not as bleak as some make it out to be, it will take time but the solutions are there to see, it's whether Laporta can make it happen that remains to be seen.
We will have to see how things go with sales.
Griezzman is 40 million mandatory purchase.
Trincao is 30 million optional (I don't know if he's playing well).
De Jong could be a significant amount.
Get rid of high-paid players like Coutinho and Umtiti.
There are others who are doubtful like Dest, Lenglet, Braithwathe, Neto and even Depay.

And apparently Laporta is negotiating with CVC, if he reaches an agreement he would have a few million more.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
We will have to see how things go with sales.
Griezzman is 40 million mandatory purchase.
Trincao is 30 million optional (I don't know if he's playing well).
De Jong could be a significant amount.
Get rid of high-paid players like Coutinho and Umtiti.
There are others who are doubtful like Dest, Lenglet, Braithwathe, Neto and even Depay.

And apparently Laporta is negotiating with CVC, if he reaches an agreement he would have a few million more.
You guys sold Firpo for 15m, so anything can happen.

Mazraoui is a fantastic player btw. Has some fitness issues, but he'd be a huge upgrade on Dest. I'm sure you've heard the rumours he's going on a free.

You guys definitely need a CB, a LB and 2 forwards that can stay fit before even considering selling Memphis.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
You guys sold Firpo for 15m, so anything can happen.

Mazraoui is a fantastic player btw. Has some fitness issues, but he'd be a huge upgrade on Dest. I'm sure you've heard the rumours he's going on a free.

You guys definitely need a CB, a LB and 2 forwards that can stay fit before even considering selling Memphis.
Barcelona this year has an extraordinary sporting director, tough, experienced and successful negotiator.
He has also managed to sell Griezzman for 50M , Emerson 30M, Moriba 16+6...

In Barcelona there are rumors with Mazraoui for a few weeks , he is free at the end of the season and Laporta has a good friendship with Raiola, would be a good option.

In the position of CB I do not know what they will do, there are in the youth team 2 young players.
Arnau Comas ends contract in 2023 and there was news of interest from Everton and Leicester.
Mika Mármol also ends his contract in 2023 and Monchi wants him for Sevilla.
They should give them a chance in the first team.
LB I guess Barcelona will go for Gaya, ends contract in 2023 and the sporting director of Barcelona was previously from Valencia and there is interest in him.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

I wore jeans like that in middle school in 2008. This dude is having a midlife crisis.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He needs time to rebuild and implement his own style. Just give him time. He needs at least 2 seasons to turn over the team at least. He is having a big task on hand.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
He needs time to rebuild and implement his own style. Just give him time. He needs at least 2 seasons to turn over the team at least. He is having a big task on hand.
if we can miraculously finish top 4 this season give the man a medal

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He will finish in top 4. The young players will only get better. He is doing what LVG did to barcelona back then, give lots of opportunities to young players. That's what LVG did in Man Utd too but no one has the patience for it. LVG is doing great with the national team young players, he doesn't "pass it".

Last edited:

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He will finish in top 4. The young players will only get better. He is doing what LVG did to barcelona back then, give lots of opportunities to young players. That's what LVG did in Man Utd too but no one has the patience for it. LVG is doing great with the national team young players, he doesn't "pass it".
Which young players? LVG's NT line up almost exactly the same as De Boer's.

The young players he had at United were all a bit shit, that's why most of them are in league one somewhere. It had nothing to do with patience.

Young players like Jutgla, Abde, Puig will likely not make as well.

Good luck to Xavi, but the odds are against him.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Which young players? LVG's NT line up almost exactly the same as De Boer's.

The young players he had at United were all a bit shit, that's why most of them are in league one somewhere. It had nothing to do with patience.

Young players like Jutgla, Abde, Puig will likely not make as well.

Good luck to Xavi, but the odds are against him.
Fati, pedri, Nico, Garcia and ferran Torres are all solid young players

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Times have changed, the fees for top players these days are insane compared to the past, and the oil clubs still hadn't risen yet(Chelsea had just started).

Barca can't pick the biggest stars for a while, i don't think.
Or they'll just sign them when their contract ends.

Players and agents know they can get much more if they make their transfer this way. Spending huge fees for top players will be a thing of the past soon.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
He will finish Top4. Betis, Rayo and R.Sociedad losing gas already.
Barcelona as they recover players should finish in the Champions League places.

Villarreal are strong right now, they started the season badly, and they are very close to the top 4.
Possibly they will be in the fight until the end

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
He will finish 2nd or 3rd at worst. Betis is at sight and does not count on a better squad. Reaching Sevilla would deserve a lot of credit.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I didn't want to bump an old thread but how has Xavi and De Jong got along?

Does De Jong still seem like a player that might move away from Barca and why exactly was/is that happening?

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
He will finish 2nd or 3rd at worst. Betis is at sight and does not count on a better squad. Reaching Sevilla would deserve a lot of credit.
will never catch Sevilla, but third would be amazing. Either way, a CL spot would be incredible considering how shoddy we still are defensively and I don’t see us scoring 4 goals in a match too often

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Would you & other fans miss him if he left on is he a bit like Coutinho who was allowed to leave?
I think he’s had a lot of great matches with us sprinkled in with some where he has been anonymous. I think he’ll flourish a lot more once Busquets is phased out. I do think his wages are very very high. I’d rather he stay though as his ceiling is still pretty high.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His January signings were very smart, and not what I expected him to do, honestly. (I recall his very infamous quote a year or so ago where he called Mbappe and Pogba “more physical than talented”).

I expected him to go for dribbly all style no substance route — but now the team is now filled with direct players in attack with pace, which is what it looked like was missing massively.

Jackal981

This is how rebuild suppose to be. Our club can take Barca as an example. They were in dire condition just months ago.

flameinthesun

His January signings were very smart, and not what I expected him to do, honestly. (I recall his very infamous quote a year or so ago where he called Mbappe and Pogba “more physical than talented”).

I expected him to go for dribbly all style no substance route — but now the team is now filled with direct players in attack with pace, which is what it looked like was missing massively.
That was actually a problem with Barca that was being discussed, the team was tooo direct. Xavi wants them to be a bit less direct, he was going mad at them in the last 20 minutes for not doing tiki taka but continuing to be direct which gave madrid a few opportunities.

As with Pep he'll revert them back to a more balanced approach between tiki taka and directness on the wings.

As I was watching them play it actually struck home that i don't think I have ever seen United play with such quick passing and movement. Its kind of sad, but also I guess an outcome of playing in a more physical league.

Hammondo

I would definitely put Pogba under the style and no substance group.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

He was right about Pogba tbf.

GinobiliTheGOAT

One of the most stunning turnarounds in recent memory. Up there with Chelsea from last season. Barca are truly back.