Gaming Xbox One | No PS4 comparisons

Do you agree with Alock1's statement that Uncharted is as much of a shooter as Halo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ady87

I got Game Pass for £1 around 6 weeks ago and it will last me until October 2020 thanks to a special offer. So Gears 5 Ultimate Edition is all mine until October 2020 for just £1.
Jammy get!

We've just upgraded and cleared this weekends calendar. GoW used to be my life so can't wait to get back in to it for a couple of months.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Yeah seen the deal for a quid the other month but I couldn't be arsed to do it at the time and forgot about it till you just mentioned it :lol:

Art Vandelay

Anyone else only playing Gears 5 because of GamePass? I have no hype for it whatever so ever. And I've enjoyed the Gears games in the past.
Yeah I'm the same. My mates are all excited, but if it wasn't on Game Pass I don't think I'd bother. I barely remember the fourth and stopped caring about the story, I don't care about Kait or how she's going to be related to the Locust. That's where it started falling apart for me, when the Locusts turned out to just be mutated humans and of course somehow related to Marcus. The story went off a cliff and it lost all the horror elements.

I'm looking forward to the Ghost Recon Breakpoint beta more.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I'm downloading sea of thieves via gamepass on my pc, can anyone tell me more about the game? Is there a single player campaign? Does it throw you right into action?

Bwuk

Yeah I'm the same. My mates are all excited, but if it wasn't on Game Pass I don't think I'd bother. I barely remember the fourth and stopped caring about the story, I don't care about Kait or how she's going to be related to the Locust. That's where it started falling apart for me, when the Locusts turned out to just be mutated humans and of course somehow related to Marcus. The story went off a cliff and it lost all the horror elements.

I'm looking forward to the Ghost Recon Breakpoint beta more.
Agreed. The story peaked in the first Gears. Absolute GOAT game imo.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I'm downloading sea of thieves via gamepass on my pc, can anyone tell me more about the game? Is there a single player campaign? Does it throw you right into action?
I haven't played it lately, but it's both PvE and PvP. Depending on if you get griefers it can be a tough start, but all in all stick with it and you'll find a fun game. Especially when you learn how to solo fight things like skeleton ships and krakens. Sailing whilst trying to manipulate fights, or avoid them, can be real addictive fun. You can just solo missions though, just keep your eyes peeled for rivals. Even then, you'll find just as many people who want to team and be friendly as not, though beware the back stabbing :lol:

I really need to get back into it actually, but so much has changed lately that I just haven't found the excuse to (and time).

Ady87

I think the second was great too. It all just started getting a bit too cartoonish from there on.
I loved how gritty the first couple were. They were groundbreaking IMO. I think the Dom death really hit hard and the reaction to it was huge and I think the story has continued in that vain since. I'd like to see it get back to it's roots in that sense.

Still, I CAN'T WAIT to get home and get on tonight.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I started playing Shadow of Mordor on game pass. I never played it as I pretty much watched my roommate at that time play it but this is bloody fun.

Art Vandelay

I loved how gritty the first couple were. They were groundbreaking IMO. I think the Dom death really hit hard and the reaction to it was huge and I think the story has continued in that vain since. I'd like to see it get back to it's roots in that sense.

Still, I CAN'T WAIT to get home and get on tonight.
It just kept trying to get bigger and bigger with the story, then they made the mistake of bringing in Karen Traviss to write the third game.

I've played a few hours of 5. The combat is fantastic, but the story is complete pants so far.

Ady87

It just kept trying to get bigger and bigger with the story, then they made the mistake of bringing in Karen Traviss to write the third game.

I've played a few hours of 5. The combat is fantastic, but the story is complete pants so far.
Got kicked from co-op campaign about 5 times which wouldn’t have been an issue if I didn’t rejoin with no sound at all.
Also got kicked before the end of the first Act’s cut scene so I didn’t get the completion achievement haha. We decided to call it a night but not before a quick game of TDM. I managed 21 kills against a full squad and we were enjoying it, but, my mate got kicked and when the game backed me out, it hadn’t recorded my stats. We’d planned to stay on till the early hours but barely managed two. Hopefully the servers settle over the weekend so I can play. This happens with Gears every time though, when will they learn?

Art Vandelay

Got kicked from co-op campaign about 5 times which wouldn’t have been an issue if I didn’t rejoin with no sound at all.
Also got kicked before the end of the first Act’s cut scene so I didn’t get the completion achievement haha. We decided to call it a night but not before a quick game of TDM. I managed 21 kills against a full squad and we were enjoying it, but, my mate got kicked and when the game backed me out, it hadn’t recorded my stats. We’d planned to stay on till the early hours but barely managed two. Hopefully the servers settle over the weekend so I can play. This happens with Gears every time though, when will they learn?
Yeah it seems to be in a bit of a mess. I think it's corrupted my save. Twice now it's saved a checkpoint as I've died, then it reloads that over and over, won't roll back the save. Since it's happened the first time I'm lucky if it saves at all and all my progress plus my collectibles are gone.

Art Vandelay

If it wasn't free on Game Pass I'd be fuming. After getting it working again it worked for a while before having similar issues. Then it bugged out at the end of a side quest(not for the first time) where Jack wouldn't open a safe, he went up to it and nothing happened, I then couldn't interact with him, Kait refused to leave and when I did manage to get him moving again the safe could no longer be interacted with. So I had to reload my previous save which said it was last saved 10 minutes and 14 seconds ago, which I assumed was just before the boss fight. No, apparently it's version of 10 mins and 14 seconds is closer to 2 hours ago. I lost all that progress because of a separate bug stopping me from pushing forward.

At this point I'm tempted to just uninstall it.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Got a question for people who've had Xbox Live memberships and moved countries. I set mine up years ago in the UK and pay annually in pounds. Now that I'm in Canada I want to pay annually but in Canadian dollars. Is there a way to change this over?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
TT game that's free with Gold has potential. It's just fecking impossible not to fall off at least once in a race, and even on the lowest difficulty you've no chance once you have.

DavelinaJolie

The new Ori is amazing. Maybe not as pure as the original, and I'd say it's not had the same emotional impact, but I'm blown away by how polished it is and how it expands on the gameplay.