Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
If you forgot to redeem MX vs ATV Alive when it was given away on Games with Gold in 2015, the good news is they're offering it again in 2022.

If you forgot to redeem Hydro Thunder Hurricane when it was given away on Games with Gold in 2017, the good news is they're offering it again in 2022.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Can you start posting all the new gamespass games too please Damien, thanks man

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
On another topic, I just bought a new TV that apparently supports 4k and VRR. It should be quite the upgrade on the 32" TV I bought for £150 in 2015...

Emotion status = very excited :D

Last edited:

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Braid is currently free for Gold/Game Pass subs.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
NBA 2K22 added to GPU literally a week after I bought it for 95 PLN, having already bought it for PS5 before (just so I could use Quick Resume and not have to go between consoles) is a big regret for me.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Huge oof! I tend to check these days to see what's rumoured to be coming out just in case that happens.
I was checking but they got it in very quietly. I mean I expected them to add 2K eventually but last year they did that in June and only added previous generation version. Extra 6-8 weeks would have been almost worth the money but considering I went on a two week holiday just after buying it, and it went onto GPU while I was there, it was not a good deal. :lol:

Last edited:

BristolRuss

Sounds like Starfield and Redfall have been pushed back into the first half of next year. Disappointing, but I'd rather wait for a more finished product if they feel it needs the extra time.

b82REZ

Least surprising news ever.

It'd be a bigger shock at this point for MS to announce an exclusive and actually release it.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Accidentally got a series x the other day, with 2 years all access. Been playing guardians nonstop.

What's starfield and red fall?

Alock1

Dunno why they announced a date in the first place. And Redfall always seemed ambitious since it was meant to release this summer and we've only seen CGI.

With the issues with Stalker (due to conflict) then it could well be just Forza. Wouldnt be surprised if there's a smaller 1st party title and/or some 2nd party release but they've definitely lost the momentum they gained in the back half of last year.

Damien

Staff
Dunno why they announced a date in the first place. And Redfall always seemed ambitious since it was meant to release this summer and we've only seen CGI.

With the issues with Stalker (due to conflict) then it could well be just Forza. Wouldnt be surprised if there's a smaller 1st party title and/or some 2nd party release but they've definitely lost the momentum they gained in the back half of last year.
They (including Xbox with what happened with Halo) need to stop announcing firm dates until they know they can reach them. 2023 should be packed but there'll probably be more games pushed back.

I guess there'll be Deathloop releasing this year too but that won't have the shine of a brand new game with it previously being on PC already.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
They (including Xbox with what happened with Halo) need to stop announcing firm dates until they know they can reach them. 2023 should be packed but there'll probably be more games pushed back.

I guess there'll be Deathloop releasing this year too but that won't have the shine of a brand new game with it previously being on PC already.
It'll probably get normal review scores this time then rather than the overinflated ones it got last time :angel:

P.s. No console warring intended. I just think Arkane games are overrated.

Bosws87

It'll probably get normal review scores this time then rather than the overinflated ones it got last time :angel:

P.s. No console warring intended. I just think Arkane games are overrated.
Yep, same crap as Halo incredibly overrated the latest one.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Last edited:

Bosws87

I haven't even played deathloop i just presumed its average since day one, i have at least played halo :lol:

Alock1

PC and PS of course.

I agree to manage expectations they'd be better not to but its not a big deal either.

By Halo do you mean the original date, because COVID obviously had a huge bearing there. Or are you saying they should have pushed it back beyond last Nov? Cause if so, I disagree.

Damien

Staff
By Halo do you mean the original date, because COVID obviously had a huge bearing there. Or are you saying they should have pushed it back beyond last Nov? Cause if so, I disagree.
Original date. It was only a few months before release that they decided to delay it and that was purely down to the reaction from the showcase footage.

Alock1

Original date. It was only a few months before release that they decided to delay it and that was purely down to the reaction from the showcase footage.
Well tbf the original date was made pre covid and it was in line with the console launch. Agree the decision to delay was late though.

Generally agree broadly but it's an issue the industry. Sony, Nintendo, Ubi, EA. Its not a massive deal though and doesn't harm anybody. Just feels a bit pointless. Not sure if it's more about pleasing shareholders (to only disappoint them later) or for marketing to get people buying into your ecosystem. Having a date makes something seem more real I guess.

Interestingly they have put themselves into a further situation where they may need to delay again. At max they have given Starfield 7 months which may not be long enough.

If it is long enough, I imagine that period is almost exclusively polish and working on all the bugs that will no doubt come with a big open world Bethesda game.

Last edited:

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Well tbf the original date was made pre covid and it was in line with the console launch. Agree the decision to delay was late though.

Generally agree broadly but it's an issue the industry. Sony, Nintendo, Ubi, EA. Its not a massive deal though and doesn't harm anybody. Just feels a bit pointless. Not sure if it's more about pleasing shareholders (to only disappoint them later) or for marketing to get people buying into your ecosystem. Having a deal makes something seem more real.

Interestingly they have put themselves into a further situation where they may need to delay again. At max they have given Starfield 7 months which may not be long enough.

If it is long enough, I imagine that period is almost exclusively polish and working on all the bugs that will no doubt come with a big open world Bethesda game.
After all this, the game will still launch with bugs and need some patches to fix. It's what happens to big games these days.

Alock1

Reckon you could delay it 2 years and it'd still have bugs