Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Ever noticed the clips on the Xbox main page? People’s captures with like 2.5k likes and 20 shares. Who is liking other peoples clips that much and where are they finding them?

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Ever noticed the clips on the Xbox main page? People’s captures with like 2.5k likes and 20 shares. Who is liking other peoples clips that much and where are they finding them?
I have no idea. I watch twitch and all that, but I've never once clicked on a clip via a console much less liked one. My boys don't either, and you'd think that would be a kids thing.

The good clips I understand though as people like to show off of the cool moments they've had, but I bet there's way more terrible ones that still get likes :lol:

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
My favourite part of The Medium is cutting through those flesh doors, so satisfying.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
People looking for something on GP to play, I recommend Cyber shadow. It's an old school NES style side scroller.

I just beat it and holy shit, that last boss was tough.

The cool thing about that game is at first I thought I could never do it but you chip away at it and get there.

I loved my playthrough. I'm not going to play a game that hard again anytime soon, though.

Bojan11

People looking for something on GP to play, I recommend Cyber shadow. It's an old school NES style side scroller.

I just beat it and holy shit, that last boss was tough.

The cool thing about that game is at first I thought I could never do it but you chip away at it and get there.

I loved my playthrough. I'm not going to play a game that hard again anytime soon, though.
Everton were playing and you were posting about games. Just as bad as @esmufc07.

Redlambs

Silly question as some of you goons only play one game with your stupid little paddles, but has anyone tried Deep Rock Galactic yet? It's actually a really fun game, would be perfect for some caf sessions.

Bojan11

Not surprising considering you couldn’t actually buy a ps5 last month.
Why do you always have to go into small details that ruin the mood? This is a celebration considering you said Xbox is dead.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Just finished What Remains of Edith Finch. Cool little interactive story, if a little too on rails. Had no idea if it was going to be a bit horror or not at the start. Nice and chill, like Life is Strange, although that was done better obviously. The house was mega cool. Imagine growing up there, without the dying young bit.

I've proper delved in to Game Pass with lockdown, and wouldn't get to experience little hidden gems like this if it wasn't for it.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Just finished What Remains of Edith Finch. Cool little interactive story, if a little too on rails. Had no idea if it was going to be a bit horror or not at the start. Nice and chill, like Life is Strange, although that was done better obviously. The house was mega cool. Imagine growing up there, without the dying young bit.

I've proper delved in to Game Pass with lockdown, and wouldn't get to experience little hidden gems like this if it wasn't for it.
Yeah it's a nice little game ☺

Redlambs

Yeah Edith Finch was a cool little story well done. You really should check out others like it, even if they aren't on the gamepass. Stuff like Everybody's gone to the Rapture, Firewatch and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter can be great entertainment. I also loved Dear Esther, the first of this type of storytelling I actually got deep into.

Shamwow

Edith finch blew my mind, I love how it
constantly changed gameplay and art style. And I don't think I've unexpectedly laughed at a game as much as when you have to roll down the hill as the shark

Get on outer wilds if you haven't yet veevavee

I thought I'd give Halo CE a quick go (maybe a level or two I said to myself) yesterday and I'm now halfway through Halo 2. They have aged very well even without the new graphics. Co op is a blast too.

Shamwow

Oh yeah I tried project winter and it doesn't seem very good to be honest. Deep Space Galactic seems fun though.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Edith finch blew my mind, I love how it
constantly changed gameplay and art style. And I don't think I've unexpectedly laughed at a game as much as when you have to roll down the hill as the shark

Get on outer wilds if you haven't yet veevavee

I thought I'd give Halo CE a quick go (maybe a level or two I said to myself) yesterday and I'm now halfway through Halo 2. They have aged very well even without the new graphics. Co op is a blast too.
Ha yeah that was a funny moment. It was really at that point I realised it's going to be more quirkey, rather than horror.

I've tried Outer Wilds, and everything about it should appeal, but the time limit quickly frustrated me, and I didn't get hooked into the story early, maybe because I was pissing about too much.

Gonna get a mate to play through the Halos with me soon though. Looking forward to that. Remember playing the early ones co-op with my uncle.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah Edith Finch was a cool little story well done. You really should check out others like it, even if they aren't on the gamepass. Stuff like Everybody's gone to the Rapture, Firewatch and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter can be great entertainment. I also loved Dear Esther, the first of this type of storytelling I actually got deep into.
I'll check them out, cheers. The Walking Dead interactive stories are really good as well. Might go through those again. Also have the latest Life is Strange to do.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Edith Finch was the first game I've 100%ed as well. Not exactly arsed about acheivements but they were so easy it'd be rude not to :lol:

Redlambs

I'll check them out, cheers. The Walking Dead interactive stories are really good as well. Might go through those again. Also have the latest Life is Strange to do.
In terms of the gamepass gems, as Shamwow mentioned above, Deep Space Galactic is a fun game easy to get into. Good for a few caf squad games, or viable solo too.

Edith Finch was the first game I've 100%ed as well. Not exactly arsed about acheivements but they were so easy it'd be rude not to :lol:
:lol: I played it when it came out ages ago, I didn't notice it even having them. What are they, walk...walk some more...spend too long in that movie girl's bedroom?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
In terms of the gamepass gems, as Shamwow mentioned above, Deep Space Galactic is a fun game easy to get into. Good for a few caf squad games, or viable solo too.

:lol: I played it when it came out ages ago, I didn't notice it even having them. What are they, walk...walk some more...spend too long in that movie girl's bedroom?
Deep Rock Galactic? Just had a look and doesn't look like my kinda thing. Will keep it mind once I've gone through my list though.

You get two achievements for completing the game :lol: one for finishing the stories and one for getting half way through the credits, which I just left running while I got a beer. The others are actually a bit more involved, but you wouldn't get most of them without checking the achievement list first.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
@Redlambs just checked out Firewatch. Did that used to be on Game Pass? Getting major deja vu like I started it ages ago. It's a bit overpriced I think though. £15.99 on Xbox, £12.99 on CD Keys. As cool as these games are, I just don't think they're worth that much, even though I'm sure they are in terms of the effort gone in.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
@Redlambs just checked out Firewatch. Did that used to be on Game Pass? Getting major deja vu like I started it ages ago. It's a bit overpriced I think though. £15.99 on Xbox, £12.99 on CD Keys. As cool as these games are, I just don't think they're worth that much, even though I'm sure they are in terms of the effort gone in.
Not sure if it was gamepass / free month game / or I bought it on sale for £4 or something.

Definitely an okish game, but I agree it's not worth £15.99. no way.

Redlambs

Not sure if it was gamepass / free month game / or I bought it on sale for £4 or something.

Definitely an okish game, but I agree it's not worth £15.99. no way.
Yeah I agree on the price. It's a tough one as it's a good experience and a lot of love and work went into it, but I think it should be half that price.

Deep Rock Galactic? Just had a look and doesn't look like my kinda thing. Will keep it mind once I've gone through my list though.

You get two achievements for completing the game :lol: one for finishing the stories and one for getting half way through the credits, which I just left running while I got a beer. The others are actually a bit more involved, but you wouldn't get most of them without checking the achievement list first.
:lol: seems rude not to!

As for DRG don't be fooled, it's more of a squad shooter. Worth a try for free though, it's only something like 3gb as it's procedurally generated.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
You'll be amazed at how many likes and views something so random can get. I posted up this album of pizza photos on imgur. Mainly to just host the pictures so I could post them on here.

122k Views
2215 Likes
261 Comments

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
You'll be amazed at how many likes and views something so random can get. I posted up this album of pizza photos on imgur. Mainly to just host the pictures so I could post them on here.

122k Views
2215 Likes
261 Comments
Yeah that’s mad. Although I think some people use imgur as some kind of forum. I’ve had comments on random curry pics that I forgot to make private. Nowhere near as many as that though :lol:

I’m guessing there’s a community of Xbox users looking at these shared clips somewhere. No idea how you’d get Xbox famous though. I see some of the same names popping up

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Was there not a thread The Medium? Can't find it now if there was. Playing it now. Another game I wouldn't get to enjoy if it wasn't for Game Pass. I know it's not mind blowing by all accounts, but enjoying it so far. It's a change for me, as I don't usually fancy playing this sort of thing (2spooky4me). Plays a bit like the old Resi Evil so it's a nice nostalgia hit.

I'm checking every nook and cranny like I don't wanna miss a single thing. Dunno if I should be or wasting my time.

Redlambs

Was there not a thread The Medium? Can't find it now if there was. Playing it now. Another game I wouldn't get to enjoy if it wasn't for Game Pass. I know it's not mind blowing by all accounts, but enjoying it so far. It's a change for me, as I don't usually fancy playing this sort of thing (2spooky4me). Plays a bit like the old Resi Evil so it's a nice nostalgia hit.

I'm checking every nook and cranny like I don't wanna miss a single thing. Dunno if I should be or wasting my time.
I'm only playing it in small bits and pieces as it's boring me a bit, but I too look around everywhere and so far you do find some POI's in obscure places, so it's worth a look as the maps aren't huge.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'm only playing it in small bits and pieces as it's boring me a bit, but I too look around everywhere and so far you do find some POI's in obscure places, so it's worth a look as the maps aren't huge.
Yeah I’ll carry on doing. Have found a bit more from scorping about so it’s seems worthwhile

Ainu

To be honest I'm already struggling to fire The Medium up again. It's incredibly boring, it just sort of meanders. My initial optimism has evaporated and it will have to do something spectacular in the second half to convince me at this point. And yeah the skin cutting is annoying. What is the point? You find that blade so early on that these things can't be considered road blocks you have to find a way around.