Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
20 Year old French Striker, being linked with a summer move to Arsenal:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-n...dmits-arsenal-are-close-signing-french-under-

I haven't seen many people write in here regarding future world class talent, but I really believe this guy could be one of the top strikers in the world. He plays for AJ Auxerre, and he didn't feature at all in the club's first team until around December time, where he scored in his first game of the season for the club as a substitute. He went through a short period of a couple of months of featuring and not scoring, but between the 1st of Feb to the 8th he managed to score 7 goals in 2 games, 4 against Laval and 3 against Tours. Here are the games he scored in:

Not all of the goals are world class, and half his goals were tap ins in the first one, but nevertheless scoring 7 goals in 2 games is very impressive for a player that just turned 20. He's their top scorer with 9 goals in 11 games, and I really think he could turn out to be great. Anyone French here who follows French youth players that could shed any light on this guy?

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
That's where I first took notice of him, City kept on buying him and he scored more goals than any other player every single season. Reminds me of Yaya Toure a lot in terms of being very lanky, but managing to have good control of the ball and surprising acceleration and pace combined.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Certainly the type of player Wenger likes to work with.

FM 2012 legend!, never seen him in real life but looks your typical african player, big strong quick.

Would be interesting to see how he fairs.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Hasn't Wenger confirmed today that they are close to agreeing a deal for him?

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
You've just compared them because of the name there, haven't you?
Yes, let's go with that...

But seriously, he's the same build, same height, same gangly legs, same dribbling technique, and Sanogo has Ivory Coast heritage. Only thing that I see different is their positions and age.

Hasn't Wenger confirmed today that they are close to agreeing a deal for him?
Yeah it's in the link I put above, deal pretty much done apparently.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Scored about 50 or 60 goals (basically a bit more than a goal per game) a season for me in FM12 in my Dortmund save. Was the perfect striker. No idea what he's like in real life though.

Giggsforever

It's time for them to get a real striker now, why the hell would they not go all in for Lewandowski, Dzeko or Damiao?

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I'm willing to go out on a limb, based solely on those YouTube clips, and say he'll never be world class.
How about basing it on this one:

Not world class, but he won't be a complete flop. Also it's better you put the video on mute, quite explicit.

Ekeke

How about basing it on this one:

Not world class, but he won't be a complete flop. Also it's better you put the video on mute, quite explicit.
So in the space of a few posts you've gone from calling him World Class to not a complete flop

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
So in the space of a few posts you've gone from calling him World Class to not a complete flop
Well saying he will never be world class kind of implies he doesn't even look that good, so I was trying to defend that argument there. I never called him world class either, I said he has the potential to be a top striker, which doesnt' mean world clas. Maybe I shouldn't have put those words in my posts, because the number of times arguments involving world class get ridiculous is very frequent. So how about we say a very good striker then?

Ekeke

Well saying he will never be world class kind of implies he doesn't even look that good, so I was trying to defend that argument there. I never called him world class either, I said he has the potential to be a top striker, which doesnt' mean world clas. Maybe I shouldn't have put those words in my posts, because the number of times arguments involving world class get ridiculous is very frequent. So how about we say a very good striker then?
You said he could become world class (by talking about future world class talent in your op and then suggesting this guy) but you also said some of his goals were world class

So now hes gone from being someone you picked as ending up world class, but currently scoring world class goals, to not a complete flop and now a very good striker

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
So this deal is off then?

Ya ya, 's a no go.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
You said he could become world class (by talking about future world class talent in your op and then suggesting this guy) but you also said some of his goals were world class

So now hes gone from being someone you picked as ending up world class, but currently scoring world class goals, to not a complete flop and now a very good striker
Is this really bothering you that much on whether I called him world class or not? Wow ok then. So I wrote "he could become one of the top strikers" and " I really think he could turn out to be great" which means I think he is world class. Keep thinking that one out then.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Is there a reason other than Wenger being French why he continuously buys French players or players from the French leagues?

Most of them seem to be average or flops yet he his linked/buys one or more every single season.

Gervinho
Giroud
Chamahk
Sagna

Is it because they're relatively cheap?

If he went for more players of the Cazorla quality they might actually win something. I bet you he wont put a bid in for Michu!

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
His recent record hasn't been top notch, but you have forgotten the years before that: Viera, Pires, Henry etc. He's had a massive dip in French transfer fortune recently, as the ones you have mentioned haven't been sensational by any means.

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
His recent record hasn't been top notch, but you have forgotten the years before that: Viera, Pires, Henry etc. He's had a massive dip in French transfer fortune recently, as the ones you have mentioned haven't been sensational by any means.
His recent years of picking constant mediocrity and dross coincides with his barren years, he needs to change something there.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Is there a reason other than Wenger being French why he continuously buys French players or players from the French leagues?

Most of them seem to be average or flops yet he his linked/buys one or more every single season.

Gervinho
Giroud
Chamahk
Sagna

Is it because they're relatively cheap?

If he went for more players of the Cazorla quality they might actually win something. I bet you he wont put a bid in for Michu!
I don't know what Sagna and Giroud are doing on this list. Sagna was very good for many years. He's got 11 goals in 33 matches in the league (9 as a sub) despite making a major step up.

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
I don't know what Sagna and Giroud are doing on this list. Sagna was very good for many years. He's got 11 goals in 33 matches in the league (9 as a sub) despite making a major step up.
Been poorer recently though and Giroud hasnt been dross, but not great. Mediocre.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
We remember Arsenal when they were a considerable footballing force. The players that Wenger brings in these days are just not up to scratch. He has certainly lost his touch in the transfer market, or perhaps he just got lucky before.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
We remember Arsenal when they were a considerable footballing force. The players that Wenger brings in these days are just not up to scratch. He has certainly lost his touch in the transfer market, or perhaps he just got lucky before.
That's nonsense. He's had to sell his best players almost every year. That's why we aren't as good as we were.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
His recent years of picking constant mediocrity and dross coincides with his barren years, he needs to change something there.
You're right, I still maintain he made a truly dire decision in Giroud: He thought he'd be smart and buy the top scorer in Ligue 1, but he really has turned out to be poor. If I remember a stat correctly, he has one of the worst conversion rates in Europe? And not just really hard shots, he has missed many sitters. He really needs to send his scouting teams elsewhere.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Sagna looked class for the first one-two years tbf before breaking his leg.

Wenger's signings have been a bit strange over the past few years have been a bit strange IMO. There has been certainly some very good ones like Kosclieny and Arteta. But signings like Santos, Squillaci and Park were probably Wenger's worst signings ever and all of them were made in last two-three years.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Squillaci was 30 when he signed for Arsenal, Grinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.