Television Years and Years

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Dystopian mini series largely set in Manchester.

Very enjoyable indeed with an interesting end that leaves you wondering/thinking without it being an annoying cliffhanger to make you want to watch a second series.

Very much captures the Brexit/Trump vibe.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Enjoyable series although it was pretty daft and lacking in subtlety.

There was a thread on it already.
I searched and nothing came up.

I think they played the humor up here and there which made it easier to suspend disbelief.

It helps that BoJo and Trump are in office as it is hard to imagine anything more ludicrous.

Classical Mechanic

I searched and nothing came up.

I think they played the humor up here and there which made it easier to suspend disbelief.

It helps that BoJo and Trump are in office as it is hard to imagine anything more ludicrous.
My problem with it, apart from the absurd and saccharine ending was that it didn't achieve anything apart from preaching to the choir.

If you're going to make such a politically loaded piece of art then I think it should at least attempt to reach out to people that are sceptical of the message.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
My problem with it, apart from the absurd and saccharine ending was that it didn't achieve anything apart from preaching to the choir.

If you're going to make such a politically loaded piece of art then I think it should at least attempt to reach out to people that are sceptical of the message.
Fair enough.

I enjoyed being part of the choir and just being entertained. The best bit was that you quickly and easily connected and empathised with the main characters.