Young goal - 38 passes, 2 minutes possession

Commadus

Just watched the goal again. Quite amazing to think we kept hold of the ball for 2 minutes and every player bar Welbeck had a touch.

Goal of the season?

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Maybe he meant United's goal of the season, which is sadly wrong as that was in the Community Shield.

Zen

Fluke goals like Crouchs don't count. Unlike Rooney, he's never gonna score a 5/10+ goal again.

So basically, in this league, unless it's like Rooney, it's a fluke.

Coca Cola

One balled wonder
I wouldn't even call it the best goal of this game let alone the season.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It's actually not a bad call. Any goal at the end of that many passes is a brilliant team goal. When it's finished off with a cracking strike like that it goes down as a very special goal. We weren't playing a pub side either. Blackburn defended well all game.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It's actually not a bad call. Any goal at the end of that many passes is a brilliant team goal. When it's finished off with a cracking strike like that it goes down as a very special goal. We weren't playing a pub side either. Blackburn defended well all game.
And were absolutely fecked as a result of it by that stage of the game. It was a very good goal but as already said it wasn't even the best of the match.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
And were absolutely fecked as a result of it by that stage of the game. It was a very good goal but as already said it wasn't even the best of the match.
You can't analyse every goal we score in the context of exactly how tired the opposition team was at that moment. In the context of the game, sure. And that game was hard work and the goal was really important.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I'm not suggesting you analyse every goal in such a context. But when the main argument being made for how good a goal it was is how long we had possession for and how many passes were made in the build up, the fact that the opposition were dead on their feet is a pretty big factor.

I don't want to sound like I'm talking it down, because it was a brilliant strike and he made the space well for himself, but lets not get carried away.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I'm not suggesting you analyse every goal in such a context. But when the main argument being made for how good a goal it was is how long we had possession for and how many passes were made in the build up, the fact that the opposition were dead on their feet is a pretty big factor.

I don't want to sound like I'm talking it down, because it was a brilliant strike and he made the space well for himself, but lets not get carried away.
Remember this goal?

A lot of people talk it up as one of the best United goals of Fergie's reign. You rarely hear it downplayed because it was the third goal against a team who had been out-classed at Old Trafford - for 90 long minutes - by the time he scored.

Scholes's finish was the more special of the two but tonight's goal had 6 more passes in the build-up.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Remember this goal?

A lot of people talk it up as one of the best United goals of Fergie's reign. You rarely hear it downplayed because it was the third goal against a team who had been out-classed at Old Trafford - for 90 long minutes - by the time he scored.

Scholes's finish was the more special of the two but tonight's goal had 6 more passes in the build-up.
Fair enough. I disagree, but each to their own.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Just watched the goal again. Quite amazing to think we kept hold of the ball for 2 minutes and every player bar Welbeck had a touch.

Goal of the season?
Great goal, but not the best this season..

Like somebody mentioned already, Crouch's goal is the best this season in my opinion.

Chrisjn

Community shield goal with Ando, clevs and welbeck is goal of the season, or would be if it were on a more important stage.

As someone has said, crouches was pretty muh hit and hope where as ours community shield was a combination of around 10 lightning fast passes in the smallest of areas, finished with a quality chip, encouraging football.

ecantona7

Whatever happens, there are always things you coul
Community shield goal with Ando, clevs and welbeck is goal of the season, or would be if it were on a more important stage.

As someone has said, crouches was pretty muh hit and hope where as ours community shield was a combination of around 10 lightning fast passes in the smallest of areas, finished with a quality chip, encouraging football.
Nani finished that one off. That was best goal of the season for me easily.

Denis' cuff

Has to be said, though. As an individual effort, Valencia's was better. One of the hardest hit goals you'll see. With the outside of his foot too. Class.
also the "flick" from the outside of his boot that nearly knocked Pedersen out :D

that was some goal vs Pana - there was another at Chelsea maybe under Gullit's watch when Martin Tyler commented that United "must've put 20-odd passes together but not really going anywhere". Then.....egg on face.

Neutral

BTV
not a chance....we were pissing about with possession, trying to kill time for most of those 38 passes, this was no Argentina in the WC moment.

madhed

Oh my goodness,what a foockin goal eh. All the bastard game we were tryin to break the bastards down but to no avail,every time they were all back behind the goal. Absolutely am enthralled with Fergies subs and the way they panned out. I am here hours later,reveling and being punch drunk in the majesty of United. We'll die We'll never die........

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
The telegraph had the chalkboard of the passes in this mornings edition, 90% + passes were inside our own half.

I don't think it is even in the top 20 goals of the season.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
The sequence of play started with a ball played CLEARLY off a Blackburn player into touch in which we were given a throw in.

Webb is bent lol

Denis' cuff

The telegraph had the chalkboard of the passes in this mornings edition, 90% + passes were inside our own half.

when will we learn to put 37 passes together in their penalty box? - a bit difficult when they have 11 men behind the ball for 90% of the time. :rolleyes

a lesson in patience, persistence and possession. How many times have we looked like we were pissing about and looking like we were asking to concedehaving gone a goal up?

Excellent performance.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

You understand how football works do you :lol:

They were camping in their own half and we were keeping it deep and spreading the play. We'd just gone 1-0 up at their place so they knew sitting deep and holding shape wasn't enough so we stretched them. It was beautifully architechtured goal. Fantastic football.

ben_foster

On Loan to Watford
imagine te masturbation going on had barca scored such a goal

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Yeah, it was more playing 'come and get it' than probing their defenses for an opening. Valencia's run to the edge of the area from 2 feet inside midfield was the only real attempt to get forward during the move.

Not that I'm trying to take anything away from it, nothing wrong with playing keep away.

Here's one where the offense is more pushing for a goal.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I'd agree that Valencia's was better. Or at least I liked it more. It was far more of an off your seat "sweet jesus" moment anyway.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
You understand how football works do you :lol:

They were camping in their own half and we were keeping it deep and spreading the play. We'd just gone 1-0 up at their place so they knew sitting deep and holding shape wasn't enough so we stretched them. It was beautifully architechtured goal. Fantastic football.
We were a goal up and they'd been completely worn down by that point. They barely had the energy left to pressure us. Most of the build up was just us maintaining possession...and then Ashley Young received the ball with four defenders around him and made a goal out of nothing for himself. So hardly as if we pulled them apart with an array of clever passing and movement.

It was a very good goal mind, but due to an excellent turn and shot by Young, rather than the actual build up, which was almost entirely just us passing it in straight lines.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I'd agree that Valencia's was better. Or at least I liked it more. It was far more of an off your seat "sweet jesus" moment anyway.
Yep. The sheer outrageousness of it.

Also I got a text from someone afterwards saying "the V bomb has been detonated", which oddly seemed to describe the moment perfectly despite not actually describing it at all.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
It sounds like something sexual an overly confident lesbian might say.

To me at any rate (not to me, to my mind, as in...oh feck it)