Young midfielder Eikrem impressing at Old Trafford

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Manchester United are ready to offer young midfielder Magnus Wolff Eikrem a new contract at Old Trafford.
The teenager, who joined the Red Devils on his 16th birthday after being spotted at Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's soccer school in Norway, has impressed with his performances for the academy and the reserves.
Central midfielder Eikrem, who is now 18, has been tipped to follow in legendary United striker Solskjaer's footsteps and has already made an impact on the coaching staff in the North West.
Eikrem's agent Jim Solbakken is planning to hold talks with club officials after being given an indication of United's intent.
Solbakken told Romsdals Budstikke: "Magnus has had a meeting with Alex Ferguson and has been told that the club want him to sign a new contract.
"We will discuss that next time I travel there."

lysglimt

Scout
"has been tipped to follow in legendary United striker Solskjaer's footsteps and has already made an impact on the coaching staff in the North West."

Our new reserve-team-coach then ? :)

jb8521

"has been tipped to follow in legendary United striker Solskjaer's footsteps and has already made an impact on the coaching staff in the North West."

Our new reserve-team-coach then ? :)
Well ha has been doing a coaching course along with a few of the other youngsters

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Hasn't he fallen way short of expectations?

Still a kid though, hope he can add something in the next half decade and make it.

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
Hasn't he fallen way short of expectations?

Still a kid though, hope he can add something in the next half decade and make it.
No. Because he's so tiny the staff never thought he was going to do much in terms of the first team until about 21/22 (according to either Mr MUJAC or Oskar anyway) and on top of that his being diagnosed with diabetes set him back a fair bit in his development. I suspect we'll have a lot of patience with him as long as his attitude stays decent. In that youth World Cup thing he and Brandy were the standout performers don't forget.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
No. Because he's so tiny the staff never thought he was going to do much in terms of the first team until about 21/22 (according to either Mr MUJAC or Oskar anyway) and on top of that his being diagnosed with diabetes set him back a fair bit in his development. I suspect we'll have a lot of patience with him as long as his attitude stays decent. In that youth World Cup thing he and Brandy were the standout performers don't forget.
Cheers,

I've lost alot of attention with our Academy so it's good to hear this behind the scenes info.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Manchester United are ready to offer young midfielder Magnus Wolff Eikrem a new contract at Old Trafford.

The teenager, who joined the Red Devils on his 16th birthday after being spotted at Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's soccer school in Norway, has impressed with his performances for the academy and the reserves.

Central midfielder Eikrem, who is now 18, has been tipped to follow in legendary United striker Solskjaer's footsteps and has already made an impact on the coaching staff in the North West.

Eikrem's agent Jim Solbakken is planning to hold talks with club officials after being given an indication of United's intent.

Solbakken told Romsdals Budstikke: "Magnus has had a meeting with Alex Ferguson and has been told that the club want him to sign a new contract.

"We will discuss that next time I travel there."
Link: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5006185,00.html

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
I hate you lucky fecks that have MUTV.. Its about time we got that here..

prateik

last night's stream
they showed hl's from the reserve game that we won 2-0

yup .. looked a bit bigger .. still very thin .. needs to bulk up :p

The Wizard

I have been following Eikrem this past two seasons, and I'm convinced he's going to make it to the United first team, simply by the way the coaching staff are helping him alone, it's clear they see something special in him. He has something about him definitely, might take a couple more seasons as he's still filling out.

Nice to see 3 very good Norwegian prospects here, inclusing King and Hussain, all of them have a chance of making it in my opinion.