Your favourite all time UTD TOP-5 players

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
You've missed a point I was making, I'm afraid. The point was not that everyone should put Charlton on their lists, the point was saying that everyone should include a certain player in their top-5 is absurd.
That i agree with, misunderstood your point then ;)

La Pulga

Supports
Barcelona
From the players I've seen:

Rooney
Beckham
Solskjaer
Ferdinand
De Gea

Josh 76

Hughes
Whiteside
Robson
Keane
Eric

No one would feck with these on and off the pitch!

stevoc

Charlton, a Ballon d'Or winner; a man who was a part of both the Busby Babes and the 1968 European Cup winning side; for decades our record-holder in both goals (as a midfielder) and appearances; a perfect gentleman and the personification of United itself, should be in top 5 of every United fan.
Cantona, the catalyst for our 2-decades long domination and officially the coolest to ever exist, should be in top 5 of every United fan.
Giggs, Scholes, Best, Law, Robson, Keane, Beckham etc.

There're no certainties in a list of personal favourites.
I don't know you'd have to be around 60+ at least to have seen him play regularly.

johnny1980

oof this is like trying to choose your favourite child.
growing up and playing football every minute of the day i wanted to be like robbo,such a great player,hard,skillful great captain
then king eric came along pure genius
beckham not just a great footballer but his love for the club shines through still today
giggs for giving me so many fantastic memories and scholes many great memories but one stands out that goal against panathinakos still gives me goosebumps

CallyRed

Tough one, narrowed it down to 7

Hughes, McClair, Keane and Cantona
Robson, Kanchelskis and Giggs

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I don't know you'd have to be around 60+ at least to have seen him play regularly.
I guess that's my fault for not articulating that clearly, but I wish that people would've looked at the message that I was replying first. Those examples that I've brought up actually highlight the absurdity of picking a player for his stature/records etc. in a thread about your personal favourites.

davidmichael

Bryan Robson was our captain and star player when I first fell in love with United, he was a superstar in my eyes as being England captain back then mattered.

Lee Sharpe literally had me on my feet every time he had the ball as I expected him to something every time.

Ryan Giggs was a super enhanced upgrade on Sharpe, it was like going from having a VHS player and upgrading to a DVD player ha ha.

Eric Cantona just owned the pitch when he was on it and so many of my favourite footballing moments were centred around his United.

Cristiano Ronaldo blew me away on his debut and watching him go from a teenager with ridiculous highlights to the best player in the world whilst driving United on was a pleasure.

Notable mentions for Rio Ferdinand, Roy Keane, Paul Scholes and Mark Hughes.

stevoc

I guess that's my fault for not articulating that clearly, but I wish that people would've looked at the message that I was replying first. Those examples that I've brought up actually highlight the absurdity of picking a player for his stature/records etc. in a thread about your personal favourites.
Fair enough mate, we've been lucky to have so many great players just in the last 30 years never mind ever that i struggle to even pick only 5 of my favourite players.

black country red

Started going to matches regularly in the mid 70s so before then it was the odd match in the West Midlands or motd so I picked from 1977 onwards robson cantona buchan giggs Rooney

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Keane (easy number one, the other four can shuffled around depending how I'm feeling that day)
Van Der Sar
Scholes
Rooney
Van Persie (seriously this happened way too fast, I forgot about his Arsenal days like 2 matches into the 12/13 season)

Now that I've written it down, I can't believe Vidic, Van Nistelrooy, Park, and Giggs didn't make it.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Vidic, guy would run through brick walls for the team.

fps

Schmeichel
Scholes
Giggs
Ronaldo
Stam

Nearly put Yorke in, loved him.