Your Lineup Prediction first PL game 17/18

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I am not good at this game as you can see from my predictions this season.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Big Dave
Laporte - Bailly - Marquinhos
Fabinho - Weigl
B.Silva - Verratti - Pogba
Mbappe - Griezmann

Bench: Romero, Valencia, Rojo, Herrera, Rashford, Martial, Belotti

Squad players: Shaw, Darmian, Carrick, Mkhi​
We're off to a decent start at least :drool:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
---------------Romero---------------
Valencia--Smalling--Jones--Darmian
---------------Herrera---------------
-------Fellaini---------Pogba-------
Lingard------Rashford------Rooney

:angel:

Dazzmondo

Okay, let's give this a go.
________________________________________________________________________________________

Romero

Valencia Bailly M.Keane Darmian

Herrera Pogba

Mkhitaryan Griezmann B. Silva

Rashford
________________________________________________________________________________________

Bench:
De Gea, Jones, Borthwick-Jackson, Carrick, Fellaini, Mata, Martial
I think de Gea situation will go to near the end of transfer window again as we try to get Real to agree to swap Bale in the deal. Not sure whether that will work or not but anyway. My instinct is it will go through in the final week and we'll get a very good financial deal for David but no Bale. We may or may not go for a replacement keeper. We seem to be linked with Oblak but tbh if we were going for a new keeper I don't see why we wouldn't go for Donnarumma since he has only 1 year left on his contract now. I think we'll see Romero as first choice for at least one season with Joel Pereira getting a decent amount of game time in CL and cups. I think one of Jones or Smalling will be sold and honestly I don't think Jose cares which, whomever the clubs are after. Keane will be brought in as a squad player. When Rojo is back fit he'll probably be first choice. Griezmann will be the biggest signing unless we manage to get Bale. We'll get one of James Rodriguez or Bernardo Silva, not both. I'm leaning towards Silva because we might see James as being a potential roadblock towards getting Bale. I think we're going to keep Zlatan tbh. Rooney will be sold. This will be Carrick's final season, due to backup dms being too expensive, ie. Dier and Fabinho. Even if we buy a more defensive cm, Herrera will remain first choice. We might get a left back but I feel like we'd have been linked with one by now if we were genuinely close to getting a new lb early on. Perhaps Jose doesn't believe any club will pay an acceptable amount for Shaw. Again, I think his will be a case of not being first choice until after the transfer window ends. I think Jose would be happier if we could sell him though. If he is sold I think we'll buy a new lb for about £30-40m. Fellaini might be sold but I think Jose will keep him tbh. He's a useful plan B. I do think other teams will want him though. I don't think we'll sign a rb. The youth players who will get significant game time next season will be TFM, CBJ, Tuanzebe, Andreas and Joel Pereira, Mitchell, and, when our squad is bare, McTominay. I think Harrop will go on loan. Januzaj, Varela, and Young (if anyone will agree to sign him) will also be sold.

So, in sum:
IN:
Keane, Silva, Griezmann... new lb (maybe Jose Gaya or Alex Grimaldo)

OUT:
Rooney, Januzaj, Young, de Gea, Shaw, Smalling, Harrop (loan), Varela

Those are my predictions which will of course be wrong but meh :)

Last edited:
.............................De Gea.....................................
Valencia......Bailly........Blind...............Mitchell...
.......Naby Keita....Herrera......Pogba..................
...........................Griezmann................................
...................Rashford......Martial.........................

Rojofiam

De Gea

Valencia Bailly Keane Shaw

Pogba Herrera

Martial Griezmann Mkhitaryan

Rashford

RAVred

Updated:
Romero
Aurier/Semedo--bailly--Keane/lindelof---mendy
Pogba---CDM(haven't got any strong links to one so far myb William carvalho)--Herrera(c)
Mkhitaryan-Greizmann-Silva

If we switch to a 4231, then I think Herrera might start and be expected to become the holding midfielder. We'd have Mkhitaryan on the left silva on the right greizmann on the middle as an advanced 10 and probably a new striker as well. Though I wouldn't mind giving rashford or Martial a go. Also possible that Mkhitaryan goes in the middle and rashford or martial on the left, with greizmann being the sole striker, but is unlikely

Pavl3n

Romero
Valencia Bailly Lindelof Mendy
Fabinho
Pogba Herrera
Myktarin Griezmann
Lukaku

In:
Mendy £25m
Fabinho £40m
Griezmann £95m
Lukaku £70m
=£230m

Out:
Smalling £20m
Shaw £20m
Adnan J £8m
Rooney £15m
DDG £65m
=£128m

Think we were going to sign 3 possibly 4 but now we need a replacement for Zlatan. Think we will lose DDG with his house on the market allegedly already. I can see Jose buying 4 physical players and Griezmann if we throw a bucket of cash at him. We definitely need a centre forward as Rashford (absolute star) is not quite ready to lead the line and Martial has went backwards under Jose and was untested at number 9 where in all honesty I question his speed of thought.
And how much for Lidelof ?

-------------------Romero-------------------
Valencia-----Bailly----Smalling----Darmian
--------------------Dier----------------------
------------Hererra------Pogba-------------
---Griezmann-------------------Mikhi-------
------------------Rashford-------------------

Bench: DDG, Jones, New LB, Martial, Fellaini, Silva

On top of my head, can't think who would be the new defending (full back and DM) additions. But I am sure we will get AG7, I hope the DM will be Dier as he can play in central defence, too, which in case of injury crisis could be very helpful. A new LB, and one of Shaw/Darmian will leave in January or the end of next season, unless both step up their game and they turn to be RB and LB covers. And I think Jose might be looking at B Silva as a wide option.
Sometimes we could play with Rashford up front and Griezmann behind or Griezmann up top and Silva behind. Martial could be more utilized as a striker cover.

I mean really?! We're trying to decipher what's in Mourinho's head. I can only hope he's looking to reproduce the counter attacking football he implemented in Real.
So I think the line up I showed is sort of close to that bar a change in midfield. One of Hererra or Dier could be replace for a midfielder who is pacier than your regular midfielder and knows well the duties of a #10 and #8. Which would allow a quick switch from a 4-3-3 to a 4-2-3-1. Although Pogba fits that description, doesn't he? Only issue I find with him - he's not as agile as I think such a midfielder should be, therefore I think he would carry on with his duty of a holding MF.

MataFanatic

Romero

Valencia
Bailly
Lindelof
Shaw

Ander
Nainggolan

Mhkitaryan
Pogba
Griezzmann

Rashford