Your Most Hated/Disliked PL Manager.

Melville Red

So who do you dislike most, who has you reaching for the tv controller when they come on the tv?
No prizes for guessing that my choice is that scruffy moaning German git Klopp. Is it because he has won the PL and a Champions League with them? Not really but that doesn’t help his cause it’s the fact that every fecking subject regarding fixtures or the injuries he has he fecking moans like there is no tomorrow, and he is such a scruffy sod, that jacket of his must fecking stink.

daveskimufc

I'm sure there have been others but I can think past arteta
Really don't like him. Seems to think so much of himself.

His celebrations when de gea was on the deck was just embarrassing

OverratedOpinion

Oh it is easily Klopp for obvious reasons. I understand being a bad loser but the amount of blaming others for his failure's is really not an admirable trait.

Pep is a bit of an odd man but I don't find anything about him particularly dislikeable, he has always spoken extremely respectfully about us too.

I still have memories of Moyes being quite critical of us in the press for a couple of years after messing up his opportunity here.

Arteta is just devoid of any real personality.

Demon Barber

Thomas Frank
Unai Emery
Mikel Arteta

It is dislike rather than hatred though

Baxquux

Have the feeling Howe and I would disagree on a few key political points, ala Lampard ( Xavi Alonso would be the Spanish equivalent if you read interviews with him )...

Klopp is irritating as a manager but off the field , by all accounts, generally a solid sort with good instincts ( Poch and Woy likewise, though don't know about their attitudes to social policy!)

Pep is either 'complex' or a massive hypocrite even by footballing standards, but probably good company; Arteta seems pretty smart but is insufferable on the touchline/press conferences and probably the most 'all round' annoying when it comes to the football side

Most of the other managers are pretty nondescript technocrats, and inoffensive either way...

mshnsh

Including past managers, Mourinho tops the list comfortably.

Only currently active managers in the PL:
1. Moyes
2. Lego Pep.

Zed is not dead

None. I don't know them personally and I think it's unhealthy to form emotional decisions based on media.
This! Thanks for your sensitive views.

But I can’t stand Lego Pep Arteta for the life of me.
Ever since I watched the Arsenal doc on Prime and saw him projecting pictures of wolves in the dressing room.

Bebe

Everyone predictably naming our rivals managers :lol:

Only one that really comes to mind is Mourinho.

Chip

If former managers are allowed I have to mention Pardew, FSW, and Mourinho (especially his first stint at Chelsea).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Obviously the managers of rivals of teams either above us, or competing in the same space we're in.

Klopp, Arteta, Pep.

It's amazing how quickly you can go off someone too.
Howe had the sympathy from injury retiring him early, did well at plucky underdogs, but now he's at a club whose money can rival us, he's developed into an uber douche, king of gamesmanship and a hateful clown imposing a "we hate United" mentality on his players, hinted at by that 7feet average left back of theirs.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Howes a cock. Moyes is the worst.
Moyes just for him still being in the league being an every day kick in the face that we were absolutely idiotic to think a middling Everton manager could take over our super succesful operation.
And it's so annoying how he seems to veer between very soon to be sacked clearly incompetent dinosaur, then somehow everyone thinks he's doing great again.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Outside of the obvious, Thomas Frank seems like a wanker.

Aging rock/metal band members aside, any middle aged bloke with hair that long probably belongs on a list anyway.

tomaldinho1

Pep because he’s such a fraud annoys me but Arteta is the most insufferable to me.

Revaulx

Yeah I don’t really mind any of them. I find managers squatting in the technical area mildly irritating, but I’m not going to hate/dislike someone just because of that.

I wanted to punch Moyes through the TV screen for a couple of years after he’d been sacked, but stopped eventually. There were a couple of occasions I wanted to do the same to Jose while he was still our manager.

Abraxas

I dislike Arteta. It's not to do with rivalry or ability, either. I thought he had top manager potential even when he was struggling and to be honest one second place finish doesn't suddenly make Arsenal this huge deal. That comes with consistency.

It's just the way he carries himself on the touchline. A seriously irritating individual. Seems to wade in on the minutiae and is almost angling to show how "passionate" he is, to his own detriment as its hard to take him seriously when he does have a point with which to berate officials, opposition managers or indeed cajole his own players.

CatsOfUlthar

Klopp

I don't doubt his credentials, and I don't really even want to dislike him, not really his fault picking that side, it's nice to take a challenge.

Complaining about grass length, sun or whatever excuse comes to mind isn't passionate, it's childish. Do better.

Pep is fine I guess, my dislike of him is personally motivated in that I think he's been entirely complicit in both illegitimate footballing activity and actual financial crimes. I can't prove that so I'm not going to claim he's my most disliked. If he's achieved all he has without that then I don't really think about him on that scale, I can't stand Tiki Taka, one of the most boring styles of football ever invented, but if he mastered it without committing various offences then I guess it's just a thing that happened, and I should just be annoyed that no one came up with a better system.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Klopp - Generally managers don't evoke hatred from me but he's the one who tends to lower the behavior/integrity standards for everyone else. Like when it became ok to shout in the fourth officials face because when Klopp does it, its ok. Or when he made cancelling and re-arranging your own fixtures to benefit yourself by pretending your players have covid a thing. Or when it became ok to deliberately lose a league cup game AND/OR try to blackmail the football authorities into arranging the games how YOU want, because Klopp threw a baby tantrum and did both. Or most recently when it became ok to just openly dictate which referees you think are allowed to officiate your games, even though this is literally what Juventus got relegated for doing. He is an insufferable child who for some reason never seems to get the discipline he needs. Just makes you wonder what he tries to get away with/cheat into his faviour and doesn't mouth off openly about.

Pep has the FFP thing, which wasn't really a him thing until he promised to quit City if they had cheated the FFP rules, despite it being an established fact that this is what they did, which makes him both a liar and culpable since why else would he bother to lie about it. The problem when it comes to hatred is I just don't give a feck about City beyond them being useful when I don't want Klopp to win something.

Arteta is annoying but he's not on Klopp level for me. He just copycats him once he sees its something he can get away with, and then at least is grown up enough to cut it out and show some dignity once faced with defeat anyway. Unlike Klopp who keeps the "referees should help us win more/the wind was coming from all directions at once" card with him 365 days a year.

Don't like the Brentford guy because his post match interviews are just so weirdly deluded. He thinks they deserve to win every game where they don't get thrashed about 5-0. Again not enough for hatred but he must be very annoying to try and have a reasonable conversation with.

Moyes picked a player the day they got caught booting a defenseless animal about, and then the club had to step in and discipline the player for him and effectively take it out of his hands, because evidently he didn't have any issue with one of his players doing this. So he's second to Klopp for me. Either an utter arse of a person or incomprehensibly tone deaf/stupid.

Last edited:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Hodgson. fecking owl faced dickhead.

Kablamo

Supports
Chelsea
Thomas Frank.

Open to the idea of hating De Zerbi too.

United Hobbit

Klopp and his godawful gurning, everything is always everyone else's fault, tool ages for us to get a penalty after he ranted about us getting them.

Also how he treats the officials but it always seems to go unpunished bar that recent match

Superunknown

Even without the City factor, it's Pep for me. I didn't like him pre-City either. Something about him is just 'off'. Always seems like he's on something or has something to hide, as if he feels he could be found out at any moment. I find him very squirmy. Klopp doesn't bother me at all, except for the fact he manages Liverpool. Pep is something else, though.