Your stupidest world cup bets

Have you ever made a stupid bet?

• No, my judgement is flawless!

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Yes.

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

Mad Winger

It's time to come clean! What's the stupidest world cup related bet you've ever made?

I'll start us off:
In 2010, I made a bet with my German uncle. I bet that England would get further Germany in the world cup. The price was two cases of beer(which costs at least 100£ in Norway).

I almost started to cry when Özil beat Barry for the ball, despite the latter having a 10 yard head-start. The humiliation was complete at that moment. The worst part is that pretty much all my friends and family members knew about this bet. I spent the rest of the summer in shame, vowing that I'd never put my money on England again.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
My uncle made a bet with me in 98 when Scotland were drawing 1-1 with Brazil that if the Jocks went on to lose because of an own goal I'd have to buy him a crate of beer. I was 11 years old.

.Phil1968

Back in the late 80s I used to travel all over watching United with a good mate of mine who was a Wolverhampton lad and if we couldn't get to United for any reason we used to go and watch the Wolves who had a quite tidy team at the time and were climbing back up the table thanks in great part to Steve Bull and Andy Mutch.Bull was named in the World Cup squad of 1990 after impressing and scoring in friendlies in the build up and after a good session on the ale one day we both decided to put a tenner each on Bully winning the World Cup Golden Boot.
Needless to say he didn't score another goal for England.:lol:
Good player though.

Mad Winger

Bull was named in the World Cup squad of 1990 after impressing and scoring in friendlies in the build up and after a good session on the ale one day we both decided to put a tenner each on Bully winning the World Cup Golden Boot.
I love that:lol:

Ridwando

I currently have a bet with a colleague that Brazil will get further than Argentina in the WC. 100 dollars worth of booze on the line :nervous:

MTR

hates Herrera
Don't look at my tag. Not native English speaker
It's not stupidest bet. It's the most clever bet I made. I bet that winner of World Cup 2010 will be the team who will eliminate Netherlands. Well, Spain did eliminate Netherlands in the final. :D

Stupidest has to be 2002 World Cup and Argentina winning the thing.

This year? Brazil will lose in the final.

Needham

Back in the late 80s I used to travel all over watching United with a good mate of mine who was a Wolverhampton lad and if we couldn't get to United for any reason we used to go and watch the Wolves who had a quite tidy team at the time and were climbing back up the table thanks in great part to Steve Bull and Andy Mutch.Bull was named in the World Cup squad of 1990 after impressing and scoring in friendlies in the build up and after a good session on the ale one day we both decided to put a tenner each on Bully winning the World Cup Golden Boot.
Needless to say he didn't score another goal for England.:lol:
Good player though.
Wish Spurs or Arsenal or someone else big had taken a punt on Bull. The guy couldn't help but score goals.