Your top 5 favourite Manchester United players of all time

Yagami

Good post resistant
Beckham
Scholes
Charlton
Tevez
Sheringham

Ask me again next week and it'll probably change. My most controversial pick is obviously Tevez but I loved watching him for us. Still do when I see games from the 07-09 era. He gets bonus points for recently saying, yes, Pirlo was great, but he's no Scholes.

GueRed

Bryan Robson - My first and only footballing hero.

my other favourites changes every week. Currently it's

Hughes
Irwin
Evra
Blackmore

RedDevil@84

It is super difficult to pick just 5. I ll just pick the guys from our 2007-08 season.

Scholes, Rooney, Giggs, Vidic, VDS.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Bryan Robson - the reason I initially began supporting Utd, before Fergie arrived actually.

Cantona - a iconic cult hero. Such an important figure in the rise of Utd - both on the pitch and commercially.

Beckham - a great player in so many ways, and another truly iconic star.

Ince - a really important one for me as ‘black British’ kid, just Loved him and how he played.

Rooney - signing him at the exact right time and watching him develop and then into his prime was incredible. Such a great, natural footballer. So pure a player. His prime also coinciding with such a golden era for Utd was magical as well.

And extra 1 because I want one more…

Lee Sharpe! What a star.

Great days. Thinking back on these makes me think of moments like Mark Robbins / Lee Martin’s goal, Utd’s first PL, the Rooney - Ronaldo era.

Josh 76

1. Bryan Robson (the greatest Utd player I have seen in my lifetime).

2. Norman Whiteside (83 and 85 cup final goals were my greatest childhood memories)

3. Roy Keane (he could play and he could fight. What a character!)

4. Eric Cantona (The king who made all our dreams come true)

5. Ryan Giggs (he was their from the start to the finish of the best years of me supporting Utd)

6. Mark Hughes (pre PL) I use to try and replicate his volleys in the Play ground.

I know it was top 5.

But I had to include Sparky !

Last edited:

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
1. Georgie Best.Incomparable.Iconic. Genius.Unique.
2. Denis Law. Same as.
3. Bobby Charlton .
4. Eric Cantona
5. Roy Keane.
That’s reducing it to 5 which is ridiculously hard.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
David Beckham
George Best
Wayne Rooney
Dennis Law
Bobby Charlton
In no particular order ..

El Jefe

Scholes
Rooney
Ronaldo
Yorke
Evra

Honourable mention to Cantona, started supporting the club because of him.

honirelandboy

If I could put Roy Keane in twice I would. He just sums up what's wrong with United the last number of years. I really love the no nonsense players at United who give a solid 8/10 minimum every match.

1) Roy Keane - There has been no better Captain in World football ever or any sport for that matter. If he got the United job tomorrow he'd end up in Jail with the cowboys here at the minute.
2) Rooney - His work rate was out of this World. Just Fantastic all round player. He could do everything.
3) Nemanja Vidic - What a defender. No nonsense approach and would put his head where most others players wouldn't.
4) Eric Cantona - What an ego and what a player.
5) Paul Scholes - Head down, get on with the game and break people up with his terrible tackles :lol:. But what a fecking player he was, could land a football on a needle.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
1. Cantona. The nr. 1 reason I'm a United fan. I wasn't a particularly impressionable child but I popped up my collar to be like Cantona.

2. Schmeichel. Grew up in Denmark so my favorite players were Danish and Cantona.

3. Beckham. Popular figure, scored cool goals and I was a right midfielder (wingers were barely a thing at the time). Had more common with Giggs than Beckham but my child brain couldn't associate myself with a left footed player.

4. Solskjær. He overcame my dislike for Norwegian players (side effect of growing up in Denmark). CL 99, all those goals, hard worker and team player. Model professional like Beckham. Always loved those types of players the most.

5. Ji-Sung Park. Doesn't need an explanation.

Oranges038

It's hard to pick only 5.

Schmeichel - the best goalkeeper ever in my opinion.

Beckham - probably one of my favourite players ever.

Keane - just an exceptional player and leader. One of the best midfielders of his generation.

Cantona - what's not to love, you just cannot quantify the aura he had on the pitch, a genius of a player and an absolute madman at times.

Rooney - I forget all the contract nonsense later decline and if he wanted to moved to City. He was fecking awesome.

:lol: You forgot Di Maria.
And Tevez.

1. Sneijder
  2. Ronaldinho
  3. Mbappe
  4. Kane
  5. Bale
  6. Ramos
No Gaitan?

Overhaul FC

Van Nistelrooy
Beckham
Ronaldo
Scholes
Rio
Stam
Rooney
Van Der Sar
Veron

No way I can limit it to 5....

r0663664

Worships Man City
Let me put 5 into a squad who can win something and they are Giggs, Backham, Keane, Stam and Ronaldo.

Schmeichel=God

Keane
Schmeichel
Beckham
Scholes
Stam

Nearlys/Honorable Mentions

Vidic
Rooney
Herrera
Zlatan
Cantona

Go on I'll throw in a least favourite too:

Lukaku
Maguire
Pogba
Martial
Di Maria

Last edited:

Darkhorsez

Coppell
Robson
Hughes
Cantona
Keane
This is really is almost my choice. Loved Hughes when playing for us but my feeling got tainted when he started to manage though. I would swap him for Rio or Irwin.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Can't do 5. Selection changes every time I think about the question.

Robson and Keane always feel like locks, but I'm lying to myself to not add Ince. That would only leave 2 slots, which is impossible.