Keane

Fletcher
Park
Scholes
Van Nistelrooy

Woziak

Bobby Charlton, Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, David Beckham, Wayne Rooney

Honourable Mentions;
Denis Irwin, Bryan Robson, Zlatan, George Best, Christiano Ronaldo, Rio, Owen Hargreaves, Dwight Yorke, Andy Cole, Teddy Sheringham, Ryan Giggs

Loony BoB

1. John O'Shea (FW)
2. John O'Shea (GK)
3. John O'Shea (DF)
4. John O'Shea (MF)
5. Patrice Evra

But seriously, in no order, and very much off the top of my head, covering the players I personally loved to see most of: O'Shea, Evra, Park, VDS, Scholes.

And for playing ability alone: Scholes, Rooney, Ronaldo, Vidic, VDS. Probably. Evra in with a shout.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Ask me tomorrow and I probably give another answer. So many to choose from!

Rooney
Cantona
Hughes
Van Nistelrooy
Kanchelskis

Mercurial

On account of enjoy to watch as metric

Cantona
Rooney
Scholes
Giggs
Zlatan

Jordi Cruyff 99

It changes a lot, but today I'll go with Keane, van Nistelrooy, Irwin, Giggs, and Cantona.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Rooney
Cantona
Cole
Beckham
van der Sar (or Rio, or Vidic, or Evra, hard to pick one from that line-up, but by far my favourite defensive unit!)

IrishMcD

1) Keane
2) Irwin
3)Van Nistlerooy
4)Andy Cole
5) Evra

*Really loved watching Tevez when he was at the club,if things hadn’t turned out the way they did, he’d have probably made top 5.*

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Beckham
Giggs
Rooney
Nistelrooy
Keane
Scholes

Couldn’t knock anyone out

Patchbeard

Anyone else find that some of their favourites growing up are not so much anymore after seeing their personalities...

Giggs is the obvious one, but also (to a much lesser extent) I'm no longer such a fan of Scholes and Schmeichel who would've been in my top 5 as a kid. Always thought Scholes was a quiet intelligent guy who just didn't like the media but now realised he's a bit thick and loves a headline. Schmeichel comes across pretty arrogant and dislikable.

Whereas Keane wouldn't have been in my top 5 as a kid but probably is now.

I actually struggle to think of a 5 now beyond the definite favourites of Keane, Cantona & Solskjaer. The recent and current crop have just been so disappointing and dislikable :wenger:

Pughnichi

Anyone else find that some of their favourites growing up are not so much anymore after seeing their personalities...

Giggs is the obvious one, but also (to a much lesser extent) I'm no longer such a fan of Scholes and Schmeichel who would've been in my top 5 as a kid. Always thought Scholes was a quiet intelligent guy who just didn't like the media but now realised he's a bit thick and loves a headline. Schmeichel comes across pretty arrogant and dislikable.

Whereas Keane wouldn't have been in my top 5 as a kid but probably is now.

I actually struggle to think of a 5 now beyond the definite favourites of Keane, Cantona & Solskjaer. The recent and current crop have just been so disappointing and dislikable :wenger:
spot on.

scholes would have been but his punditry and miserable attitude is painful to watch. He’s out

the opposite applies to Keane. He’s in

kanchelskis
Keane
Cole
Stam
Ruud

RedIan

1. 100% Eric Cantona. - I used to love watching him play in the days when i was still a. Season ticket holder. Just a brilliant entertainer. When he had the ball no one took it from him. Magic.

2. Paul Scholes. Could control midfield like no other ive seen at United in 50 years, always looked so comfortable on the ball, stroking it around the pitch. Not a bad striker either.

3.Jaap Stam, awesome centre half, wish we had kept him longer. Get past him if you f..king can

4. Matin Buchan, old one but a rolls royce defender.

5. Gordon Hill, electric winger, always got the crowd on their feet.

Hughie77

Bobby Charlton, George Best, (both I didn't see live).. Giggs, Rooney, Scholes. .. those would be my top 5 ..

AnotherLondonManc

1. Beckham: Say no more. Basically the reason I'm miserable supporting United today
2. Rooney: Generational talent and so much passion when he played for us
3. Ronaldo: First stint. best player on the planet and won us the UCL
4. Giggs: Separate the art from the artist. Provided so many good memories
5. Vidic: Such a beast, never enjoyed watching a defender do his work more than him

Honourable mentions for De Gea, RVN and Scholes but we can only choose 5

Smudgers

Bryan Robson , Roy Keane, Eric Cantona, Ruud Van Nistelroy, David Beckham .

Glorio

Not saying they were the best, but while I have the most random list, I loved em!

Becks, Scholes, Ole, Ronaldo(V1), Anderson (I know!!!)

Special mentions to Eric, RVP, Nani and Saha

Utd7

Started watching football/United in 2007-08 so my top 5 is fairly recent:
Ronaldo
Rooney
RVP
Vidic
Scholes

MrEleson

Started supporting United because some relatives were fans and I didn’t know much about football (was very young). This was circa 2004.

Initially my favourite players were Rooney & Giggs just because those are the two players my uncles liked the most at the time.

When I started actually watching games religiously circa 2005 it was Rooney & RVN.

Actually disliked Ronaldo intially because of his tendency to over-dribble. But then he turned a corner around February 2006 and never looked back. He’s definitely my favourite all-time player and it isn’t close. Still remember the goosebumps I got from his 06/07 & 07/08 performances.

My ranking would be:

1. Cristiano Ronaldo
2. Ruud Van Nistelrooy
3. Rio Ferdinand
4. Edwin Van Der Sar (that 08 final shoot-out performance is one of my best memories)
5. Ryan Giggs

With Rooney just missing out.

Møllemanden

Only choosing players i've seen live:

Schmeichel
Ferdinand
Scholes
Rooney
Ronaldo

Absolutely love soooo many others as well. But those five are probably my favorites. :)