Your top 5 favourite Manchester United players of all time

El Zoido

Cantona
Keane
Scholes
Rooney
Giggs

Cantona #1, always has been and always will be.

dcrompton

1. Bryan Robson. Don’t think you could start supporting United in the 80s and Robson not be your favourite player. Great captain, great player, lifted the standard of the whole team. Brave, skilful. Only downside was the injuries.
2. Eric Cantona. Similar to Robson in that 92-96 period Eric was the fans favourite. In an era of few foreign players he really brought flair and cohesion to finally take the team to the league for first time in 26 years. A real character off the field too, something completely lacking in modern day football.
3. David Beckham. I think his looks, pop star wife and fame off the field make people forget how good a footballer he was. Easily the fittest player, with fantastic delivery and determination to step up when the team needed him.
4. Paul Scholes. His ability to hit diagonal balls to the wing was such a feature of Fergie’s teams. I read a lot of United autobiographies and they all agree that Paul was the best player in training every day.
5. Ruud Van Nistelrooy. United had had plenty of quality strikers but I think Ruud was a cut above and probably the first ‘world class’ striker I’ve seen at United, just an absolute killer in the box.

SirSteve4

Keane - the driving force behind United for so many years.

Robson - Captain Marvel

Cantona - The King

Scholes - The best passer of the ball I’ve ever seen in a United shirt.

Bruce - Warrior

DSG

Greatest ever players (
Ronaldo
Charlton
Rooney
Best
Cantona

my favorite:
1. Cantona: Keane gets credit for being the ultimate captain / tough hard man, but Cantona was fecking Marseille, lived in a goddamn cave I don’t give a feck tough. Plus, he had sublime skill. He was an audacious, arrogant badass and he was as instrumental as anyone in helping Alex Ferguson a Sir.

2. Becks
3. Keane
4. Scholes
5. Ronaldo

lysglimt

Scout
In random order:

Choccy, Whiteside, Stapleton, RvN and Sharpe

These days I dont really have favourites

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Random order:

Becks - My idol when I was a kid
Scholes - I wish we had a 25 year old Scholes now. Watching him live was something else, his movement, ball control, passing...Made it look easy.
Rio - Brilliant CB and an excellent footballer.
Vidic - Beast, him and Rio were the foundation for our success. Underrated on the ball too.
RvN - Ruthless, he carried us for a few years.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
This depends a little.

In terms of which players I enjoyed watching playing:
1. Giggs
2. Ronaldo
3. Evra
4. Scholes
5. Schmeichel

In terms of players quality, entertainment and how I perceive them off the pitch:
1. Scholes
2. Rio
3. Evra
4. Beckham
5. Carrick

Honourable mentions go to Rio, Vidic, RvP, Rafael, Valencia - Ronaldo would be high up the list for the second category if not for his last stint/stunt
Honest question, how can Rooney not be even in your honourable mention?

Rossa

Honest question, how can Rooney not be even in your honourable mention?
It would make more sense to include, and I probably should have. I’ve never been his greatest fan, but he was a great, albeit patchy player. To me he was never that exciting, not a great dribbler, and his technique never in the league of RvP. although he did score some outstanding goals - the bicycle kick against City for instance. Honourable mentions he probably deserves.

Cabin Clown

First 3 go without saying.

1. Keane
2. Cantona
3. Beckham
4. RVP - was never so excited over 1 signing ever.
5. Fernandes - unfairly treated and just really like the guy.

I also have great time for Gary Neville as a person.