Your Top United Moments of the 90's

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
My first footballing memory is of Cantona's goal in the 1996 FA Cup final. The build up before the game at a family friends house, the elation when he scored and the environment afterwards will stay with me forever. But obviously I was very young and missed a lot of it, in a decade which defined the club.

So I was wondering what your top 3 moments were? If you pick your top 3 following the match day thread format a definitive answer could be reached but I don't want to stifle discussion.

I think my old man would say the Juventus game.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Ole's toe poke
Giggs' solo effort against Arsenal in the semi final of the FA cup
Second leg against Juve during the same season as the above.

SATA

Solskjaer's winner against the dippers in 99 at OT in the FA Cup and Tyler's commentary when it went in. Absolute goosebumps

4-0 win in the FA Cup final over Chelsea in 94. That was one of my first few matches watching United in full glory, and of course the 2 semi-finals head to head against Arsenal in 99 as well and we got through with Schmeichel's PK save and Giggsy winner

Solskjaer again in the Nou Camp in 99. I can't quite believe what i saw that day on the telly

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
- Sharpes back-heel equaliser against Barcelona in '94

- Cantonas winner in the FA cup final against Liverpool

- Teddys equaliser against Munich

The Neviller

Ole Champions League winner in 98/99
Bruce against Sheffield Wednesday in 92/93
Cantona FA Cup Final winner against the filth in 95/96.

Special mentions for Giggs v Arsenal in 98/99, Beckham from the halfway line, 4-0 win against Porto in the Champions League in 96/97, Hughes 2nd Goal against Barca in the Cup Winners Cup final in 90/91, Lee Martin Cup Final winner in 89/90 and Pallisters free-kick against Blackburn in 92/93.

dinners85

Cup Winners Cup final in Rotterdam was a great trip and in many ways marked the beginning of the good times for United.

Getting that first League title for 26 years in the bag. The home game against Blackburn was special even though the Sheffield Wednesday fixture was more manic.

Securing the Treble in the 99 Champions League Final.

Gazza

From a personal perspective

Schmeichel disallowed goal vs Wimbledon, in the FA cup game at Selhurst in 1997. Scissor kick ruled out for offside. I thought it was brilliant and totally off the wall.

Giggs vs Juventus at Old Trafford. That 3-2 game in 1997 was fantastic, and again one of my earlier memories watching United.

"ohhh scholes..... SOLLLSKJAAAER"
United 2 Liverpool 1. FA Cup 1999.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
From a personal perspective

Schmeichel disallowed goal vs Wimbledon, in the FA cup game at Selhurst in 1997. Scissor kick ruled out for offside. I thought it was brilliant and totally off the wall.

Giggs vs Juventus at Old Trafford. That 3-2 game in 1997 was fantastic, and again one of my earlier memories watching United.

"ohhh scholes..... SOLLLSKJAAAER"
United 2 Liverpool 1. FA Cup 1999.
Was that disallowed goal not against Barnsley?

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Mark Hughes last gasp goal vs Oldham at Wembley.

Giggsy taking the piss out of Arsenal.

Roy Keane heading us back into the tie vs Juventus 99.

Obviously the final against Munich as well but these three always stick out for me

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
not including the treble

Chelsea 4-0 FA Cup Final.

Pallister scoring the freekick against Blackburn(?), I think he was the only player not to have scored for us that season.

and this
or his Wimbledon volley

Scholesgoals

Just because these stick out

Kanchelskis' scoring the scrappiest hat trick against the bitters

Cantona's Volley across the goal against newcastle - thats when we sealed it.

someone mentioned sparkys goal vs oldham so in the interest of differentiation i'm going to go with Paul Scholes playing for man utd :p

i miss 90's united

holyland red

"Holier-than-thou fundamentalist"
Winning the title in 1993. I had really thought I'd never see United win it.

Winning the the 1996 double with kids

The Treble

FCBayern

Beating Bayern in the CL-final 99... Made me first hate United, second acknowleding their victory, admiring United and finally loving them for never giving up.

mjs020294

My most memorable moment wasn't actually during a game. The build up to the home game against Blackburn in 1993 was very special for me. The realization that we had finally won the league after 26 years and seeing Sir Bobby and Sir Matt, plus all the other greats in the stands was very emotional.

The Neviller

If I had a VHS player these days I would fire up some old season reviews.
Same here.

I also, for some reason unknown to me at the time, recorded every single minute of every game of the 98/99 Champions League run. Had never done it before and haven't since. Have no idea why I did it, just had a feeling that I should. Some nice memories to be found there if I had a VHS player.

Denis' cuff

I have looked back over some oldies on vhs and some of the tapes have gone a bit fuzzy. The home game against Porto (4-1??) for instance is almost unwatchable now but others are in great nick. Don't know why the variation. All supposedly good branded tapes.

Forever Red

Cup Winners Cup final in Rotterdam was a great trip and in many ways marked the beginning of the good times for United.

Getting that first League title for 26 years in the bag. The home game against Blackburn was special even though the Sheffield Wednesday fixture was more manic.

Securing the Treble in the 99 Champions League Final.
Ditto

MUFCgal

Those final 3 minutes in the CL final (1999)

Ole's winner against the scum at OT in the FA Cup (1999)

Giggsy's solo goal against Arsenal in the FA Cup (1999)

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Those final 3 minutes in the CL final (1999)

Ole's winner against the scum at OT in the FA Cup (1999)

Giggsy's solo goal against Arsenal in the FA Cup (1999)
seconded