Your United player of the season?

BusbyReds

First half: Scholes
Second half: Ruud
Whole season: Scholes

spinoza

Paz's ion
Ruud. Has to be. Most consistent player, scored in both legs against Real. He has scored against every important team we've played against this season.

In many cases both home and away.

BusbyReds

Originally posted by VanNistlerater:
<strong>If not Maysie then

1) Ruud
2) Scholes
3) P.Neville
4) O'Shea</strong><hr></blockquote>

Do you really think Phil has played enough to warrant that high a ranking?

manuman

Well, putting aside the obvious 3, RVN, Scholesy and Oshea, i think the guys that got us through that bad winter spell when we had the scousers, arse and newcastle one after the other deserve a mention too, P.Nev and Fortune .

Mr. Wood

Circle Jerkin' Wannabe
Despite the criticism, I'd put Barthez near the top of my list. He's saved our defence countless times this season, and shown that he truly is world class.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Originally posted by manuman:
<strong>Well, putting aside the obvious 3, RVN, Scholesy and Oshea, i think the guys that got us through that bad winter spell when we had the scousers, arse and newcastle one after the other deserve a mention too, P.Nev and Fortune .</strong><hr></blockquote>

True. But does anyone wonder why I constantly say Ole is under-rated? Let's remember the way Ole made that first goal for Scholes against Newcastle and then played superbly on the right for some weeks.

And my player of the season is Scholes, followed by Ruud and O'Shea together. But I don't think there is a first team player who hasn't done his bit.

WeasteDevil

Originally posted by manuman:
<strong>Ole IS underrated, no question. Id hate it if he were to leave.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Has to one day!

Livvie

Scout
Originally posted by WeasteDevil:
<strong>

Has to one day!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Isn't that stating the obvious Weaste?

Tho not necessarily - if he joins the management dream team in some capacity, i.e. Keane, Hughes, Cantona and Schmeichel. :)

WeasteDevil

Originally posted by Livvie20:
<strong>

Isn't that stating the obvious Weaste?</strong><hr></blockquote>

The thing is for many it is not obvious is it?

Livvie

Scout
<strong>

The thing is for many it is not obvious is it?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I don't think too many people actually expect player to continue until they are of a pensionable age.

WeasteDevil

<strong>

I don't think too many people actually expect player to continue until they are of a pensionable age.</strong><hr></blockquote>

No, but many expect them to end their careers with us, for whatever reason. And that is very rare. Yet people still expect it. Then they hail them as legends (a way overused word) and then slate them when they play for another team and celebrate with their team mates when they beat us.

WeasteDevil

And there are even a few that would like it if Cantona still played for us, even though he is a fat unfit bastard now. But anything for the name.

Livvie

Scout
<strong>And there are even a few that would like it if Cantona still played for us, even though he is a fat fit bastard now. But anything for the name.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Realistically, I think people just wish we still had him as he was.

WeasteDevil

<strong>

Realistically, I think people just wish we still had him as he was.</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's the point though isn't it? It's dreaming, living in the past. It's like the way the crowd still sings his name. Bit daft IMO. They should be singing about the current players, not one that left us eons ago.

Livvie

Scout
<strong>

That's the point though isn't it? It's dreaming, living in the past. It's like the way the crowd still sings his name. Bit daft IMO. They should be singing about the current players, not one that left us eons ago.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Depends on your point of view. It will die out in time but I don't see the harm in showing respect and affection to players who got us where we are. Current players still get their share of the songs and the praise.

But as I've said somewhere else, I'm a nostalgic.

VanNistelrater

Poncey film buff
MUFC Champions 2006/2007: Where will the goals com
<strong>

That's the point though isn't it? It's dreaming, living in the past. It's like the way the crowd still sings his name. Bit daft IMO. They should be singing about the current players, not one that left us eons ago.</strong><hr></blockquote>

bullshit. Whats wrong with singing about a legend?, thats a silly comment to make, they sing about the current team but whats wrong with remembering a legend like eric and what he did for the club.

WeasteDevil

Originally posted by VanNistlerater:
<strong>

bullshit. Whats wrong with singing about a legend?, thats a silly comment to make, they sing about the current team but whats wrong with remembering a legend like eric and what he did for the club.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sing about Robson do they? Sing about Charlton, Law, Best, etc. on a regular basis?

WeasteDevil

<strong>But as I've said somewhere else, I'm a nostalgic.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yet many dont want the Calypso played?

Livvie

Scout
<strong>

Sing about Robson do they? Sing about Charlton, Law, Best, etc. on a regular basis?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Not too many people go who saw Charlton, Law and Best. I wouldn't object to hearing songs about Robson.