Youri Tielemans | signs for Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFC NimbleThumb

Think he’s stuck in the current Leicester malaise. He’ll look a different player in a better team once he moves, maybe not the player people had hoped for but not many are.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Plenty of talent but yeah looks a bit lost and demotivated.

FriedClams

Whilst I don’t commend his attitude, I think we have seen enough from him that when his team is winning and playing well, he’s usually a big part in it. I don’t rate a lot of that Leicester side and they have been performing better than the sum of their parts for a few years, but I think Tielemans top level has been borderline world class at times. At a team with better players, and much more of a winning mentality, I think he comes good again. Could be one of the biggest bargains ever, and may be worth going for in January.

croadyman

Sorry, to be clear there, I’m still assuming we’ll be going in for FdJ and I think Fred is a sellable asset if we needed to recoup some money to reinvest in a CF or elsewhere. Or we’d be overstocked in midfield.
Could see Erik moving on from FDJ now

croadyman

Especially if he's able to work his way into the Barca starting XI permanently (he started yesterday again but i am assuming rotation/rest/injuries as Kessie also started).
Yeah my thoughts too

Redderp

Meh i don’t want us to be a rehabilitation center for players to find their form. One of the advantages of being a big and rich club is that we can buy players that are already in good form. We don’t need to buy players that need to find their old form back, it’s an unnecessary risk.

I’ll compare it a bit to Eriksen. He was a big question mark after his cardiac arrest, but then showed his class playing for Brentford, so it was a good signing on a free.

Imo Tielemans needs to show the same for me to be interested in him.

Redbandito

I’d take a punt on him on a free for sure. As long as we don’t overpay on salary, he would be a moveable asset. High upside, no downside in that circumstance.

croadyman

I’d take a punt on him on a free for sure. As long as we don’t overpay on salary, he would be a moveable asset. High upside, no downside in that circumstance.
Would you pick him over Kroos if we had the choice of either,yes know he is obviously younger but could see Toni being another revelation like Eriksen albeit 9 years late.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I must admit I'm not a big fan of Tielemans. He seems a very decent player, can tackle, and pick a pass well, but to me he doesn't seem to get involved a great deal in general play.
On a free would be ok, but not a big fee, to be fair I'm hopeful that next summer, we would have Hannibal, Iqbal, Savage and several others all pushing for that midfield spot.

Reyoji-Utd

Sometimes its the right startegy to go by. Right time, place, and persons. Dig deep and gather all info about him and make judgement base on the info if hes a good punt?. If he can find his feet back when he move to Leicester then its a good punt from our perspective. We need to these types of signing and make use of them. We are not City and cant buy players until we get the right one.

Oldyella

Very different players plus there is no way we pay him ridiculous wages like that
We wouldn't but if he signs for someone on a free he will be getting a very good wage. I just mention Sanchez as we can only go on what's in front of us, not suddenly expect players to turn around form under a new club. Personally I wouldn't go near him, Pogba drove our fans made with his attitude and this guy gives off similar vibes.

SAFMUTD

On a free next summer, definately. We need the squad to be full of talented players and competition for places is important.

Besides how ETH would use him and him playing alongside casemiro, ericcson etc could make all the difference to him.
Wow that's a new one.

devil99

On a free or 8 to 10 m in January and 120k per week and 5m signing on bonus does not seem bad. He can be what we hoped VDB would be

jeepers

We should be looking to promote from within. We have Iqbal and Mejbri. I didn’t include Savage because I don’t rate him as highly as the other two mentioned.

However if EtH wants him, then I’ll look forward to his performances in red all the same.

Dancal

Supports
Footy
Think he’s stuck in the current Leicester malaise. He’ll look a different player in a better team once he moves, maybe not the player people had hoped for but not many are.

Everyone said that at Monaco. Just a petulant child half the time

bosskeano

wouldn't surprise me if ETH puts in an offer in january around 10m or so to add him to our roster

Drizzle

We should be looking to promote from within. We have Iqbal and Mejbri. I didn’t include Savage because I don’t rate him as highly as the other two mentioned.

However if EtH wants him, then I’ll look forward to his performances in red all the same.
I think that's the plan this season - evaluate whether Iqbal or Mejbri can be potential first-teamers in 23/24. If so, problem solved for now. If not then Tielemans on a free isn't a bad shout. Nothing amazing but a decent progressive 8 who can rotate with a 31yo Eriksen.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
On a free or 8 to 10 m in January and 120k per week and 5m signing on bonus does not seem bad. He can be what we hoped VDB would be
Agree he will go for peanuts in Jan which I'm not against, DVB, AWB and eventually Fred will be players we will move on in the summer IMO which will cover a RB and some of the striker fee.

I think Tielemans would up his game at United being surrounded by quality.

GoldanoGraham

The current iteration of him no thanks, not sure he will regain his form of a couple of seasons ago.

Needs a good World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.