Youri Tielemans | signs for Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Last season we (Forest) knocked Leicester out the cup. Ryan Yates and Jimmy Garner played Teilimann and Maddison off the park. Teilimann was awful and got subbed off in the 65th. Maddison lost his head ran, around like headless chicken fouling people and nearly got himself sent off in the last 15min. Surely you must have better the him at your club?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Last season we (Forest) knocked Leicester out the cup. Ryan Yates and Jimmy Garner played Teilimann and Maddison off the park. Teilimann was awful and got subbed off in the 65th. Maddison lost his head ran, around like headless chicken fouling people and nearly got himself sent off in the last 15min. Surely you must have better the him at your club?
Honestly I don't think we will be in for him.

phelans shorts

We do, however people only seeing him on Match of the Day means they haven’t seen his true level. Same reason our own players are underrated, we see the bad bits not just the good.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
One of those players that people overrate because he scored a nice goal against us, and people work to a silly "anyone is better than McFred" logic.

worldinmotion66

I was there!!! Great night for Forest! I don't think he was playing in a functioning Leicester team but I'd certainly much rather hold out for De Jong and give Garner a real chance this season. He and Yates really impressed in the half a dozen games I saw. Really rate Mckenna too, think he'll make the step up. Good luck this season mate :)

GoldanoGraham

Don’t think anyone going to take the bait at Leicester’s asking price - he was quite underwhelming last season compared to previous.
He will be available for free next summer so expect him to sit tight and do a Lingard - unless he goes cheaply at the end of this window.

He won’t be coming to Utd though.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Don’t think anyone going to take the bait at Leicester’s asking price - he was quite underwhelming last season compared to previous.
He will be available for free next summer so expect him to sit tight and do a Lingard - unless he goes cheaply at the end of this window.

He won’t be coming to Utd though.
A free transfer opens up some of the European teams too — the likes of Juve et al. would be all over that. At the moment it’s kind of Arsenal or bust. Depends how much he wants a move this summer, I guess

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
I think Arsenal might still come in for him, but they need to get players out the door first, as the squad is way too bloated still.

Leno, Tavares, Mari, Bellerin, Torriera, Maitland-Niles among those that need to leave. I suspect either / or Nelson & Pepe need to leave to get a winger in now.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think Arsenal might still come in for him, but they need to get players out the door first, as the squad is way too bloated still.

Leno, Tavares, Mari, Bellerin, Torriera, Maitland-Niles among those that need to leave. I suspect either / or Nelson & Pepe need to leave to get a winger in now.
one midfielder is about to get transferred to Prison FC so that'll open up a space

Red Star One

I rate him and think he's good enough to be a relatively regular starter in a top4 team. Would do a good job here IMO

OrcaFat

I think he would be decent value because of his contract situation.

Better than what we have but not quite in the bracket we should be looking at. I wouldn’t mind taking him as a stop gap/ longer term squad option. The fee would probably be commensurate with that level of expectation.

Acole9

Outstanding
I think the fact no one has come in for him yet is quite telling. I don't really rate him, there's just something about him I don't like.

skc_18

We don’t need him. May be for depth but not for first team.

Hughie77

Garner has to be given a chance a few games at least . Mcfred isn't doing it.

Rauður Djöfull

Surely we can pay a little more and get him instead of rabiot

Wasn't there bunch of tweets earlier this summer about ETH being a big fan

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Surely we can pay a little more and get him instead of rabiot

Wasn't there bunch of tweets earlier this summer about ETH being a big fan
Rabiot and Tielemans have totally different profiles. Milinkovic-Savic is the rumour that matches Tielemans.

Castia

Linked with every ‘available’ player around Europe it seems apart from one that actually makes sense - Tielemans.

Available for 25m-30m he’d be a decent signing this late into the window.

DevTheRed

Don’t have a a clue why we haven’t really been linked to him to be honest.. massive upgrade on what we have for what would be a bargain price.

Redcy

Don’t have a a clue why we haven’t really been linked to him to be honest.. massive upgrade on what we have for what would be a bargain price.
Maybe because he hadn’t been v good for over a year and Leicester still want 30m for him, completely doesn’t fit our midfield and should be someone we can get last minute if desperately needing players. If we are buying Tielemans you know we have gone to scraping the bottom of the barrel.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Answer is in your post. Jimmy Garner.

Unfortunately, we'll further prove that we're idiots and sell him for 15m.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
He'll end up at Liverpool. Probably the best they can get for the amount of money they currently have. Not sure he's right for their system though.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Even still, he's worth more then £20m to them to play for one season.

Especially as they won't be able to replace him.
Yeah he's definitely a player I'd keep for the season, they're a bit all over the place at the moment and with their lack of signings you think it'd make sense to hold on to him. The financial situation going on there is a little confusing, wouldn't surprise me if that bid was basically a "how desperate are you" to test the waters

Idxomer

This game showed why no one bothered to buy him this summer on the cheap.

morree

I Never understood the hype for this guy, think he is a bit overrated. He was a lot better in the past for sure. Leicester being pretty bad doesn't really help his case, he might look better in a different team.

Nero

One of those players who has a reputation for no reason at all, other than maybe that he was a promising young player at Anderlecht.

Plodder personified.

Status
Not open for further replies.