Youri Tielemans | signs for Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Think there is a reported interest from Newcastle

£40m is generous when they valued Longstaff at £50m:wenger:
None of them are worth more then 25 in my opinion. Bissouma cost 25 and is above both. He might only of had 1 year on his contract but he still wouldn’t of cost more then 30m

Strootman's Finger

I looked forward to the day I open the internet and read, Arsenal sign Teilemans, because then I can be confident we won't.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I out him in the same class as Richarlison. Under the right guidance, he can be a star.

bosskeano

McTominay has it in his locker to be a solid player, solid squad player.....unfortunately that is where he leaves his ability way too often

the_cliff

Ben Jacobs has a terrible record when it comes to United.

We can definitely say that he's not on our shortlist after this.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Donnie Van de Beek #2. Buying a 'midfielder' cos you need a 'midfielder' while ignoring the fact you're buying the wrong type of midfielder.

De Jong is a deep lying playmaker. Tielemans is a box to box midfielder. If we're not getting De Jong we should be buying another deep lying playmaker, not a box to box midfielder.

How many times is the club going to do this? :rolleyes:

Strootman's Finger

Donnie Van de Beek #2. Buying a 'midfielder' cos you need a 'midfielder' while ignoring the fact you're buying the wrong type of midfielder.

De Jong is a deep lying playmaker. Tielemans is a box to box midfielder. If we're not getting De Jong we should be buying another deep lying playmaker, not a box to box midfielder.

We've spent a couple years trying to turn two #8s into one #6, maybe if we have three #8s in the team that will finally equal our #6. Or we could just buy a bloody #6, like every other football team in the world.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

How many times are fans going to get sucked in and believe everything they read?

the_cliff

Contradicts the message from Ten Hag, which is FDJ or nothing.
Contradicts his interview on the profile of midfielder we're looking for. What ETH described in his press conference is nothing like Tielemans. Bennacer maybe, Fabian Ruiz maybe but nothing like Tielemans and Neves.

Mainoldo

He’s an upgrade on McTominay. Just get him and sell Scott next year. Means we don’t have to get another midfielder next year.

bosskeano

don't really understand the dislike for him....he's a very proven solid CM player in the premier league and he's very good with the ball

Irwin99

I always thought he was more of a box to box midfielder which we're already pretty well stocked in. Can he play a more disciplined role? Looking at our midfielders i'm not seeing much of a defensive screen (not that FDJ would change that either)

Bruno
Eriksen
Fred
Mctominay
VDB

Obviously a pure DM isn't totally necessary and teams can play without one but other than Fred i'm not seeing many players who are good at spotting danger/helping the defence there. We got absolutely ripped apart by teams running through the gaps in midfield last season.

AFC NimbleThumb

He’s stagnated at Leicester but EtH would unlock another level. Weird how many dismiss him so easily whilst in all honesty we could do with a few midfielders in the door over the next few windows.

Castia

I mean ideally we need 2 CM's anyway. Even if we sign FdJ who's he playing with McTominay? Fred? we have zero depth in midfield.

FdJ
Tielemans
McDaddy
Fred

Do we have the funds? probably not but for around 30m you wont get much better quality than Tielemans in CM.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If we can’t get De Jong then I’d rather we target our ball winning CDM that Ten hag wants and then come back for De Jong/similar kind of player in the future.

DevilRed

If we buy him to replace Fred/McTominay? Yes.

But I doubt we will go for him unless its a dead cert Frenkie isn't coming.

We've already got Eriksen who plays a similar role.

DJ_21

Imagine thinking we’re signing de Jong but we sign tielemans instead :lol:

dubplate warrior

He's underrated on this forum imo, far better than anything we have in the middle of the park.

DJ_21

Hopefully just putting pressure on Barca.
Don’t think the pressure needs to be on Barca… we need to pressure de Jong. You either join us now or we’re signing someone els and you can get even more ripped of at Barca. How is he still staying loyal to them when they’ve treated him so bad?

DJ_21

He's underrated on this forum imo, far better than anything we have in the middle of the park.
That ain’t saying much though mate… a monkey could do better then what we’ve got in midfield and how they performed last season.

mu4c_20le

Don’t think the pressure needs to be on Barca… we need to pressure de Jong. You either join us now or we’re signing someone els and you can get even more ripped of at Barca. How is he still staying loyal to them when they’ve treated him so bad?
To be fair, besides playing their usual tricks in the media, they haven't done much wrong to him. Welcomed him back to training, took him on tour, and gave him some minutes to stay fit. If he actually gets benched at the start of the season then maybe its a different story, but they haven't marginalized him so far.

George The Best

To be fair, besides playing their usual tricks in the media, they haven't done much wrong to him. Welcomed him back to training, took him on tour, and gave him some minutes to stay fit. If he actually gets benched at the start of the season then maybe its a different story, but they haven't marginalized him so far.
They have to as they don’t want to be in breach of their contract. But, if they need him off the payroll for FFP, then sooner or later they are going to have to negotiate a severance package that’s acceptable to FdJ.

Dobba

He is exactly the sort of signing we'd consider a stop gap whilst we wait for better midfielders, but then offer him ridiculous wages so we're stuck with him long after he's any use.

Chief123

He’s much better than a lot of people here are giving him credit for. I’d be happy if he was the fall back option.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Most fall-back options to Frenkie De Jong would largely be considered underwhelming.

But, saying that, I don't particularly rate Youri Tielmans highly. Blows far too hot and cold.

Dazzmondo

I find the dislike of Tielemans here and on Twitter bizarre tbh. So much better than any of our cms. He's played an absolutely insane amount of football for his age and has clearly wanted out of Leicester for the last 2 years. When considering the miniscule costs associated, this should be such a no brainer honestly.

Vapor trail

I find the dislike of Tielemans here and on Twitter bizarre tbh. So much better than any of our cms. He's played an absolutely insane amount of football for his age and has clearly wanted out of Leicester for the last 2 years. When considering the miniscule costs associated, this should be such a no brainer honestly.
Most of the comments are ridiculous, he's an excellent midfielder has all the qualities to achieve. I'd understand if people questioned his mentality, I have heard talk of Leicester fans feeling he's wanted out for a while and it's effected him mentally.

However all the criticism he receives on the forums is ability related which is a non-issue.

Amadevs

Supports
United
I agree.
Tielemans is a quality midfielder and considering the promotional price it would be fantastic addition. Get him, save the rest of the budget for ST this year. Next summer sell Fred/mct or both in dream scenario and look at the market again.

DJ_21

What I want to know is how they got rid of messi who clearly didn’t wanna leave because they couldn’t afford him yet there signing players left right and centre. There clearly trying to force de Jong out to bring in some money and no one will offer what we are for him… they can’t register players without others being sold can they?

dutchred

every team in the PL and probably in the Championship has better cm's than us.
He is too inconsistent

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Honestly wouldn’t mind him for £25m.

AM - Fernandes and Donny
CM - Eriksen and Tielemans
CDM - Fred and McTominay

Not ideal obviously without De Jong but we have to build for a squad for the next few years not just for the next 12 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.