Youth Cup Full Time

ruudboy74

Liverpool 1 United 2

An own goal and a sam hewson penalty give us a great chance in the return

great game lovely players on both sides. United just about shaded it.

Impressive for us were, Gailbraith, Hewson, Evans, Fagan and Brandy had a better second half. he won the penalty.

Good stuff

Stripes

not impressed with brandy. good spirit, but needs to age a bit more before we really see the best from him.

welbeck was class.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
I thought Fagan was pretty poor compared to usual. Hewson was great in the second half, but not so much in the first. Gailbrath and Brandy were the players to watch all through the match.
Agree i was a tad disappointed with Fagan, i thought Chester was solid aswell

032Devil

I was impressed by our goalkeeper. A younger version of Van der Sar (on looks).

Ivor Ballokov

the lad playing left back (corry evans?) was good considering it's not his normal position. Hewson was the best player on the park for me and took a great penalty in front of a baying Kop.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Do I have to pay on Thursday?

When I used to watch the reserves regularly it was free on a season ticket, even on a membership I think.
The game has been put back to Thursday the 26th and you can buy tickets in advance or pay on the gate on the night which will like be a touch more expensive....

You cannot use your season ticket as it is a cup match!

Cold_Boy

Do Liverpool really have good talented youngsters?Or is it just one of that they have made it so far.?

mojo

Don't know about talented, and it could just be me, but some of those Liverpool players were ugly. Are they inbred or something?

GIT Z RED

Don't know about talented, and it could just be me, but some of those Liverpool players were ugly. Are they inbred or something?
True, they all looked the same. Sam Hewson Caught my eye, hes a tidy player and had a great game, He reminded me of a young gerrard and slotted his peno home nicely.

mojo

I think Hewson was the one that Fergie was talking about when he said there was a star of the future in the team that played Arse in the semi 2nd leg.

032Devil

the lad playing left back (corry evans?) was good considering it's not his normal position. Hewson was the best player on the park for me and took a great penalty in front of a baying Kop.

That Liverpool left-winger was good and dangerous on attacks. Our defence struggled to handle him but handle him we did.

Wasn't it strange how all the Liverpool players looked like thieves? You know, the type you'd cross the road to avoid trouble with.

RedTom

Impressive for us were, Gailbraith, Hewson, Evans, Fagan and Brandy
I don't agree with ruudboy

Gailbraith was quiet all night and had to keep swapping wings to try and get into the game. Fagan and Brandy weren't themselves either, both can play alot better.

The lads that played well were Hewson, Eckersley and Chester.

RedTom

I think Hewson was the one that Fergie was talking about when he said there was a star of the future in the team that played Arse in the semi 2nd leg.
At the time most people thought the player in question was Welbeck.

Also in a interview before yesterdays match (might have been his press conference before the Watford game) Fergie mentioned a few players including Cathcart and Hewson before going on the say something alone the lines of 'and the young talented Welbeck' so I think its fair to say Fergie was refering to Welbeck.

mojo

At the time most people thought the player in question was Welbeck.

Also in a interview before yesterdays match (might have been his press conference before the Watford game) Fergie mentioned a few players including Cathcart and Hewson before going on the say something alone the lines of 'and the young talented Welbeck' so I think its fair to say Fergie was refering to Welbeck.
Fair enough.