youth

tokunbo

i love fergie's new policy of investing in youth instead of overpaid old players but why is that we buy second rate young players if we want young players why dont we go for at least good ones not the ones that we will say they might come good.for example we had the opportunity to sign kaka yet we didnt and kaka is great now that kid is gonna be the best midfielder in the world in 2years.kaka will easily walk into our team if he can walk into milans team why not ours.why dont we just go for players like joaquin and vdv players that have genuine talent.am not saying we should go to spain or anything but dont we have scouts that go to under17 & under 20 world championships to look at their best players.to me bellion,dj dj and fletcher are all average compared to their mates like van der vaart or robben or torres.i mean see a young english talent like parker how come we didnt go for him, we shouldnt spend like chelsea but lets act like the biggest club in the world cos we aint sure acting like it on the pitch.apart from ronaldo who i feel is in the top 20 youngstars in europe we dont have any great one.And you guys keep saying klerberson is a replacement for scholes he is not for brazil ronaldinho plays the scholes role,klerberson plays the role of gilberto silver of arsenal so get ur facts right signing miller and robben will at least bring some class young stars to the club.

Gumpy

Kaka may not have qualified for a permit back then and there are never any guarantees that Brazilian players will succeed in England.

Sure Kaka has fired so far in Italy but even that does not guarantee English success.

It all gets down to preference. Fergie has always moved from established players to youth earlier than most would have done but look at the results.

To try to insure against Brazilians failing in England Fergie has gone for the slightly bland Kleberson and the youngster Rincon hoping to mould him in Portugal.

All clubs need a blend of youth and experience. Fergie is clearly at the youth end of the spectrum ie numbers wise he invests very heavily in youth compared to other clubs.

He is also concerned at the lack of local lads coming through the ranks so the class of 92 may not happen again therefore he has chosen to invest in foreign youth hoping to uncover and polish a few gems.

Good luck to him.

He is also insuring himself against failures by having more than 1 future option for most positions.

He also knows that if he comes up short in any position there will always be the next transfer kitty if he needs an established player. He tried that with Veron but look at the results.

I bet no one questioned his judgement when he went for the so called best midfielder in the world at the time but it did not work.

Some of his decisions seem unusual but I say when he fails then criticise him. Until then bask in the glory.

ackie

tokunbo said:
for example we had the opportunity to sign kaka yet we didnt and kaka is great now that kid is gonna be the best midfielder in the world in 2years.kaka will easily walk into our team if he can walk into milans team why not ours.
Hold it. While i agree with you that kaka's a good midfielder and doing great for ac milan it doesn't mean he can make the cut at United.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I do envision Kaka becoming a world class midfielder. Shocked SAF wanted Kleberson over Kaka, but maybe the work permit rules were part of the non pursuit of Kaka. Plus, Kaka had been saying for months that he wanted to play in either Italy or Spain, and the latter couple of months he had said Milan was where he wanted to be.

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
tokunbo said:
i love fergie's new policy of investing in youth instead of overpaid old players but why is that we buy second rate young players if we want young players why dont we go for at least good ones not the ones that we will say they might come good.for example we had the opportunity to sign kaka yet we didnt and kaka is great now that kid is gonna be the best midfielder in the world in 2years.kaka will easily walk into our team if he can walk into milans team why not ours.why dont we just go for players like joaquin and vdv players that have genuine talent.am not saying we should go to spain or anything but dont we have scouts that go to under17 & under 20 world championships to look at their best players.to me bellion,dj dj and fletcher are all average compared to their mates like van der vaart or robben or torres.i mean see a young english talent like parker how come we didnt go for him, we shouldnt spend like chelsea but lets act like the biggest club in the world cos we aint sure acting like it on the pitch.apart from ronaldo who i feel is in the top 20 youngstars in europe we dont have any great one.And you guys keep saying klerberson is a replacement for scholes he is not for brazil ronaldinho plays the scholes role,klerberson plays the role of gilberto silver of arsenal so get ur facts right signing miller and robben will at least bring some class young stars to the club.
Panic! Panic! Panic!

Sums it up