Zinedine Zidane - 3 time CL winning manager without a job

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I thought it was basically already agreed last year he was next France manager after world cup.

He turned down United and PSG over the last year or so, not sure what bigger opportunities he's waiting for in club football if he's turning them down.
I thought it was nailed on that he was taking the France job after the WC?
It was never nailed on. Some papers decided to ignore a big point which was that Deschamps had already been offered the job last year. There was only two options for Zidane to become the new manager, that Deschamps decides to leave or that France has a terrible World Cup and the FFF change their mind.

Chairman Steve

Doesn’t he have next door to no interest in coming to England? At least that was the narrative around him when Solskjaer was being sacked.

I thought his next moves were either France, Juventus or PSG if they threw enough money at him.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

The senile man at the head of our pedophile federation had quite a lot of things to say about Zidane uh?

Translation

"Did Zidane try to contact me? Certainly not and I wouldn't even have picked up the phone. To tell him to look for another club? Make him a special (radio) show so he can find a new club or a national team"

On the Brazil rumors

"I don't give a damn, he can go wherever he wants. He can go wherever he wants be it a club or a national team, I barely believe it as far he's concerned"

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Doesn’t he have next door to no interest in coming to England? At least that was the narrative around him when Solskjaer was being sacked.

I thought his next moves were either France, Juventus or PSG if they threw enough money at him.
Juventus is looking like a no go for anyone but a Serie C manager.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Folks, the link of Zidane with Juventus is just hot air… Deschamps was our man but he is staying put and ok.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
You were after Deschamps?
We love comeback kids, you know… he was the midfield admiral under Lippi and our coach in Serie B, so the owners have a debit with him. Our latest sh*tstorm, though, might have scared Deschamps and rightly so.

JPRouve

Scout
We love comeback kids, you know… he was the midfield admiral under Lippi and our coach in Serie B, so the owners have a debit with him. Our latest sh*tstorm, though, might have scared Deschamps and rightly so.
He would have been a good option but I didn't know or expected Juventus to be interested. I still think that they didn't treat him well in 06-07, he should have been the manager the following season.

Idxomer

The senile man at the head of our pedophile federation had quite a lot of things to say about Zidane uh?

Translation

"Did Zidane try to contact me? Certainly not and I wouldn't even have picked up the phone. To tell him to look for another club? Make him a special (radio) show so he can find a new club or a national team"

On the Brazil rumors

"I don't give a damn, he can go wherever he wants. He can go wherever he wants be it a club or a national team, I barely believe it as far he's concerned"
Who the feck is this guy to disrespect Zidane like this?

BalanceUnAutreJoint

So they don't get along then?
Zidane and Deschamps hate each other, so do their agents.

Le Graet needs Deschamps to survive because Deschamps's popularity and results + his willingness to turn a blind eye to all the corrup stuff that happens in the federation (sexual harassment, pedophilia accusations) are the only thing that allow Le Graet to remain in place.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Zidane and Deschamps hate each other, so do their agents.

Le Graet needs Deschamps to survive because Deschamps's popularity and results + his willingness to turn a blind eye to all the corrup stuff that happens in the federation (sexual harassment, pedophilia accusations) are the only thing that allow Le Graet to remain in place.
That is serious stuff.

JPRouve

Scout
Le Graet is a world class idiot and likely/hopefully screwed. He is getting re-auditioned Tuesday and by the look of it, he isn't handling it well.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband

Translation

On the Brazil rumors

that guys head looks like a scrotum

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal

Made to publicly apologize. You have to be pretty stupid to shit-talk Zidane :lol: Hopefully he resign soon

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Le Graet saying his words do not reflect what he thinks of Zidane will sure give fuel to the narrative that it was Deschamps speaking through him (Daniel Riolo on the most watched French football podcast is already affirming it)

Pintu

And the source

First time I've heard about Marseille... Somewhat explains why he rejected Paris last summer. If this is true it sound like a weird career choice for him as a manager to limit his options this much...

BerryBerryShrew

First time I've heard about Marseille... Somewhat explains why he rejected Paris last summer. If this is true it sound like a weird career choice for him as a manager to limit his options this much...
I actually quite admire the guy for only wanting to coach clubs that he has an emotional attachment to as opposed to just going anywhere for the money. Especially given that Marseille represent an uphill struggle in their own league against an oil club that would be thrilled to have Zizou as manager.

I wonder if he'd be up for coaching Algeria? He's dual nationality and often attends their matches as a fan.