Zinedine Zidane - 3 time CL winning manager without a job

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
The caf is an interesting place like that. Almost everyone related to football has been called an overrated fraud on here.

If you look past the football discussions, in any discussion about videogames, anime, movies etc., you will find the same theme there as well, that everything is called crap or overrated.

Maybe the quirk of the Caf is that people just don't like anything and nothing is actually good :lol:
I’ve lurked on here for years and only became a member in 2022. I think there are many knowledgeable posters here with interesting opinions. But I do find this particular trait fascinating.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
RAWK is moderated like a cult
Off topic for sure..

For all the posts about dramatic fan meltdowns on there this seems to be the worst aspect of that forum.

I was so shocked at Harvey Elliots performances this season (and his continued selection) that I went there (days after the last game) specifically to check what they were saying about him.. Thread locked after some posters said he wasnt as good as the pre season hype suggested :confused: I looked at some of the other player thread titles and a bunch of them were locked too.

It seems as if any Liverpool player who is in bad form or on the receiving end of (even legitimate) criticism then they lock the threads :lol: I cant say that Ive encountered the same reaction on here and honestly I cant understand how that sort of moderation has led to it becoming "THE" Liverpool forum for fans to congregate.

The opposite end of the spectrum is BlueMoon who are just absolute scumbags (from my limited time on there).

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
The caf is an interesting place like that. Almost everyone related to football has been called an overrated fraud on here.

If you look past the football discussions, in any discussion about videogames, anime, movies etc., you will find the same theme there as well, that everything is called crap or overrated.

Maybe the quirk of the Caf is that people just don't like anything and nothing is actually good :lol:
The caf in a nutshell.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I’ve lurked on here for years and only became a member in 2022. I think there are many knowledgeable posters here with interesting opinions. But I do find this particular trait fascinating.
This is not an exclusive Caf trait, though.

Far from it.

I would rather say that our best posters tend to not possess the trait in question.

The trait, in itself, is typical of the discussions taking place elsewhere on the interwebz. Zero nuance, no shades or degrees of anything. It's the best ever - or it's shit. Your man's a genius - or he's a fraud. And so forth.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
Thats right mate. He got an instant squad and managers like SAF, Jose, Klopp and even Wenger( despite not having a CL) got there by merit. There is a reason he is not taking jobs currently. It is because he knows he would be foud out in any other team (every team except maybe City or Psg) that has a weaker squad than Real. CLs are not the only virtue in comparing top managers.
Sorry, but how exactly do you know that Zidane hasn't taken any other team because of that?

Do you know him personally, and he confessed it to you or what?

TheReligion

Abusive
Odd isn’t it. He must have known he’s wasn’t getting the job much earlier. He’s been out of work a while now. Wonder if Chelsea wish they’d looked at him over Potter although by all accounts he wanted France.

the_cliff

Has anybody ever thought that maybe Zidane is not all that interested in returning to coaching ?

There seems to be an obsession over him in all media and he's always linked to every big name job. Yet, Zidane has never even come out and said he wants to return to coaching, even all the France links seemed like a lot of speculation. The guy's probably tired of winning and football, give him a break.

As for the he's scared 'he'll be found out' bollocks, if you think you can somehow stumble into a job and win 3 UCLs in a row when it's never been done before and put it down as luck, you don't belong on a football forum.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Zidane is not interested in working in England, all people close to him have said that. Juventus or Real Madrid for a third time..that are his options at the club level. PSG are out of question also because of his Marseille roots.

the_cliff

Zidane is not interested in working in England, all people close to him have said that. Juventus or Real Madrid for a third time..that are his options at the club level. PSG are out of question also because of his Marseille roots.
Don't think he's bothered about Juve either tbh. The only club that can get Zidane back into management is Real Madrid and it would be him doing them a favour, not because he particularly wants to.

norm87cro

Sorry, but how exactly do you know that Zidane hasn't taken any other team because of that?

Do you know him personally, and he confessed it to you or what?
Well that is just a childish retort on your behalf. Offcourse I don't know him but he hasn't taken any job since Real has he?

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
"Joined Feb 8, 2014"

Story checks out
Wait, what? That’s what I’m saying. I’ve been on this forum for years and only became a member recently. Or am I using the wrong terminology?

ShinjiNinja26

Wait, what? That’s what I’m saying. I’ve been on this forum for years and only became a member recently. Or am I using the wrong terminology?
You became a member in 2014 which is clearly stated on your account. So if you’ve only become a member in 2022 then it’s with another account fella.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't think I would like him to come back as a coach, at least not so soon.
I'd rather try something different when Ancelotti leaves. I think right now he spends his time going to watch Luca (Eibar) or Elyaz/Theo(academy Madrid) games.
It is said that he came back for the second time because he was bored at home and that he left because of tensions with José Ángel Sánchez and the head of communication (Ferreras), or so it was interpreted from his farewell letter published by AS, and those two people are still at the club.
I think Florentino is leaving in 2025. Maybe it would be good to include him in some continuist candidacy, in the board or something like technical secretary.

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
You became a member in 2014 which is clearly stated on your account. So if you’ve only become a member in 2022 then it’s with another account fella.
Oh, I thought you only became a member when you’re no longer a newbie and can post more than a couple times a day.

ShinjiNinja26

Oh, I thought you only became a member when you’re no longer a newbie and can post more than a couple times a day.
Nah, you’re a member the minute you sign up to the forum. You’re just not a fully fledged member of the main forums until you earn promotion. Also what the hell were you doing in the newbs that it took you 8 years to earn promotion?!

SirAnderson

Nah, you’re a member the minute you sign up to the forum. You’re just not a fully fledged member of the main forums until you earn promotion. Also what the hell were you doing in the newbs that it took you 8 years to earn promotion?!
Learning how to master the Cafe trait of extremes.
Took him a while but now he's no longer shite, he is a master at it.

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
Ah right. When I was on Arsenal-Mania newbies weren’t really viewed as members and could only post in a forum called The Lobby. I think it was mainly to discourage WUMs. I prefer RedCafe.

And I wasn’t really posting until last year, I was content to lurk and read. I think I got pulled in by the ever shifting goalposts in the Lego Pep thread.

The funny thing is, I acknowledged immediately that I may be using the the term “member” incorrectly. And yet the conclusion that multiple posters jumped to… is that I’m a fraud.

I’m telling you, RedCafe seems to think everyone is fraud.

ShinjiNinja26

Ah right. When I was on Arsenal-Mania newbies weren’t really viewed as members and could only post in a forum called The Lobby. I think it was mainly to discourage WUMs. I prefer RedCafe.

And I wasn’t really posting until last year, I was content to lurk and read. I think I got pulled in by the ever shifting goalposts in the Lego Pep thread.

The funny thing is, I acknowledged immediately that I may be using the the term “member” incorrectly. And yet the conclusion that multiple posters jumped to… is that I’m a fraud.

Don’t worry as you say you’re someone who’s been lurking around here for years so you’ll know everyone here is classed as a fraud, especially fecking Lego Pep! ;)

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
You became a full member a year ago so this lie doesn't work.

Come on, admit it. What other account do you have? Quickly now, chop chop. Meh actually who cares, it's Sunday

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Thats right mate. He got an instant squad and managers like SAF, Jose, Klopp and even Wenger( despite not having a CL) got there by merit. There is a reason he is not taking jobs currently. It is because he knows he would be foud out in any other team (every team except maybe City or Psg) that has a weaker squad than Real. CLs are not the only virtue in comparing top managers.
I never thought " would be found out" would ever be attributed to a decorated manager as Zidane. But the Caf continues to amaze me

Gazza

:lol: No one said that, you might want to relax a bit :)

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
You became a full member a year ago so this lie doesn't work.

Come on, admit it. What other account do you have? Quickly now, chop chop. Meh actually who cares, it's Sunday
Eh? That’s what I said, in 2022.

Gazza

I’m perfectly relaxed, just baffled.
You shouldn't be. You said you only became a member 2022, which confused everyone reading your post because you actually became a member in 2014. You've since explained that you misunderstood what it meant to be a 'member' so all good :)

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Eh? That’s what I said, in 2022.
Nah, you said recently which generally doesn't constitute an entire year. It's fishy, very very fishy. Something sinister is going on here and I'm going to get to the bottom of it, eventually. Hellboy is on TV and then I'm having some pie, maybe a poop not entirely certain. And then I'll have a nap. If I remember in the morning, which I probably won't, I'll make a note to start an investigation next month or something. But make no mistake, "Daydreamer", the Caf Scout Police won't rest until we do whatever it was I was planning to do but have already forgotten...

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Nah, you said recently which generally doesn't constitute an entire year. It's fishy, very very fishy. Something sinister is going on here and I'm going to get to the bottom of it, eventually. Hellboy is on TV and then I'm having some pie, maybe a poop not entirely certain. And then I'll have a nap. If I remember in the morning, which I probably won't, I'll make a note to start an investigation next month or something. But make no mistake, "Daydreamer", the Caf Scout Police won't rest until we do whatever it was I was planning to do but have already forgotten...
:wenger:

Dominos

I thought it was basically already agreed last year he was next France manager after world cup.

He turned down United and PSG over the last year or so, not sure what bigger opportunities he's waiting for in club football if he's turning them down.