Zinedine Zidane to leave Real Madrid with immediate effect

SeanyC

I’d take him now..progress is grand in all but Ole just won’t take us to the next level, with a few signings Zinfandel I think would be brilliant

La Vecchia Signora

Supports
Juventus
Allegri is officially Juventus manager. Real Madrid can get anyone they want. There are plenty of fish in the sea for them including Zidane again. Man United, stick with Ole. He is a good manager and I know once he starts winning trophies he won’t stop. Not last but least Inter Milan, from conte to appoint one of Stankovic, Mihajlovic or Zenga?. If only the saying “ Form is temporary class is permanent” was a football club.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I think that if Pochettino were free, he would be the first option. Right now I think Conte is the favorite.
I don't know if it's Raúl's moment, and the same with Xabi Alonso, who has had a very worthy season, but perhaps it is too early.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I think that if Pochettino were free, he would be the first option. Right now I think Conte is the favorite.
I don't know if it's Raúl's moment, and the same with Xabi Alonso, who has had a very worthy season, but perhaps it is too early.
Pochettino has so many option at big club. I don’t understand why he would want to go back to Spurs. Real Madrid with the young squad they have, would be ideal for him to develop and rebuild. Especially with a lot of the older players moving on. And with his time at psg and his relationship with Kane and Mbappe, he could bring the best attacker to your club. However, I feel Conte is heading to Real Madrid. Real Madrid should get Pochettino and bring Kane or Mbappe to bring in a new era.

dinostar77

Zidane leaving could have ramifications for their chase for mbappe signature as well as the future of varane and pogba's desire to play there.

Will admit im suprise allegri went back to Juventus as he was holding out for the madrid job (according to the press).

Poch should stay at PSG and win a few league titles. Conte at Madrid would be interesting but i think they should give the job to Raul.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
@giorno how highly do you rate Conte? Because it sounds like it is going to be Conte.

bsCallout

Poch - Tottenham
ZIdane - PSG (CL master)
Conte - RM
Allegri - Juve

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Depends: are we changing the entire squad?
Unlikely. More like signing Alaba, counting on Arribas, Blanco, Gutierrez and Marvin, recovering some discards like Odegaard and Jovic. Extra signings are a plus.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If Ramos, Benzema, Varane, Kroos and Modric all leave, Conte could be a success

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Pochettino has so many option at big club. I don’t understand why he would want to go back to Spurs. Real Madrid with the young squad they have, would be ideal for him to develop and rebuild. Especially with a lot of the older players moving on. And with his time at psg and his relationship with Kane and Mbappe, he could bring the best attacker to your club. However, I feel Conte is heading to Real Madrid. Real Madrid should get Pochettino and bring Kane or Mbappe to bring in a new era.
Pochettino would be fine. It seems that sooner or later he will coach Madrid, or at least his name is always among the candidates, but I don't know if it is really possible for him to leave PSG.
I like all of the other candidates for different reasons.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Pochettino would be fine. It seems that sooner or later he will coach Madrid, or at least his name is always among the candidates, but I don't know if it is really possible for him to leave PSG.
I like all of the other candidates for different reasons.
Who ever goes to RM, won't be there that long. Then Poch can go there in a couple of years.

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
Allegri is officially Juventus manager. Real Madrid can get anyone they want. There are plenty of fish in the sea for them including Zidane again. Man United, stick with Ole. He is a good manager and I know once he starts winning trophies he won’t stop. Not last but least Inter Milan, from conte to appoint one of Stankovic, Mihajlovic or Zenga?. If only the saying “ Form is temporary class is permanent” was a football club.
Quite right :lol:

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I don't really get why he's leaving? Because he didn't win another CL this time around?

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't really get why he's leaving? Because he didn't win another CL this time around?
It's very easy to get burnt out there imo. Everything is very magnified. People talk about fans being fussy, but actually I think the media is far, far worse and they always make most of the noise. Every press conference is like a battle and politics always plays a big role. While it's true some journalists will kind of support the manager no matter what or be more or less fair about what he does, there is also those who are way too demanding for anyone's standards or work for media that are against the club for many sorts of reasons. In general terms, people around clubs are way too impatient and mercurial, the bigger the club is the more they are.

Another likely reason is that he probably thinks he's not aligned with the club capabilities at this point in time, but that' something only he can know.

There may also be a chance he goes to manage France NT after the summer, but who knows.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
It's likely PSG or a sabbatical me thinks. Then again it the rumors say he wants to coach next season, maybe he has something lined up? If PSG stick with Poch, not too sure what other club is at his level.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I think in this second stage, he is frustrated at the fact that he is the face of a project that isn't really his, and getting criticism about it from the people who are actually responsible for the project. So he's bounced.

The club has gone all in on a transfer policy that largely consists of buying 'up and coming talent' and has been doing that for quite a while. All evidence suggests that the club does not actually have an eye for talent, because the transfer record is real bad, esp. when it comes to those 'diamonds in the rough'. Instead of accepting responsibility for this, the club, through the media, blames Zidane for 'playing too many old players' and 'not taking advantage of the squad' and things of the sort. It goes beyond criticism of the manager and into directly blaming him for messing up their brilliant plan.

The board (and frankly, the president) are just completely incapable of taking responsibility for anything.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
For some reason, I don’t see him going to PSG. He seems as classy as they come and has already proven himself many times over. I’d say there’s a better chance he goes to Italy if he isn’t retiring.

And Raul is next in line for the Madrid job, I would think.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Give it to Guti 'till the end of the season

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I think it's more likely to be Conte. Raul will wait in the wings and be hired in... mid-October?

Brophs

The One and Only
Real Madrid and a certifiably insane Conte is like giving a toddler a family pack of grenades with the pin already taken out for convenience.